1/2 Sailing of the Encore Rerouting

rnfulk

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

Wow that’s weird.  Did the captain make an announcement?  Did you call guest services to inquire? 

No announcements and I haven't called guest services. I'm kind of hoping that everything will be normal in the morning. We only know that the ship changed course because we are dorks who like to check the ship map channel a few times a day. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rnfulk said:

No announcements and I haven't called guest services. I'm kind of hoping that everything will be normal in the morning. We only know that the ship changed course because we are dorks who like to check the ship map channel a few times a day. 

That’s our favorite channel to tune into to look at the map.  Hope everything is all right and you are enjoying your cruise!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Snowrose said:

Another thread also mentioned St Thomas. A crewmember had told the poster that St Thomas, Puerto Rico and 2 other islands were now closed to cruiseships.

That is significant.  That'll affect all cruiseships.  If many Caribbean ports are closed, that'll mean the cruiseships (all lines) may be sailing to nowhere,  for how many weeks.    Would the cruiselines rather be running cruises to no ports, or just dock and cancel sailings for a few weeks.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FrankieCruise said:

Getting on Encore Sunday, we hear vessel will be under 50 per full of guests.  How is this weeks counts?

There are just under 1900 passengers on this sailing. ~47% capacity. 

1 minute ago, mpk218 said:

Pearl heading back , Getaway Canceled tomorrow , Now Encore headed back North .

Sounds like a break in cruising ..

No it sounds like a challenging time to navigate for sure.  However, this is a business and they will do everything they can to keep it open and work around the challenges. 

1 minute ago, mpk218 said:

Pearl heading back , Getaway Canceled tomorrow , Now Encore headed back North .

Sounds like a break in cruising ..

Also waiting on our Star Buenos Aires to Antarctica to be cancelled the Star made a sudden turn and is now heading for Miami not Buenos Aires.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, rnfulk said:

Just keep checking back here. Before long somebody will post the color under drawers the captains wearing. These folks figure out everything.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, FrankieCruise said:

Getting on Encore Sunday, we hear vessel will be under 50 per full of guests.  How is this weeks counts?

1700 pax on board.  It's been a wonderful cruise so far, even with the unknown of tomorrow (which would have been St. Thomas).  Everyone (pax and staff are all just so happy to be back on board).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Javajitterz said:

Someone on Facebook just posted this, looks like they aren't returning to port. Bahamian govt has been refusing ships, curious to see if they actually make portimage.png.a9445bcbcbf4bb53e243265bcfc854e9.png

If the ship has >1% positive on board, then chances are there won't be GSC either.  I was on MSC when we got denied to port at Ocean Cay (MSC's put island) due to Bahamian Country Restrictions.  If you're on board in the meantime try and keep your distance from crew as much as possible and wear a well sealed mask.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, big al said:

Cruisemapper.com says Encore is headed to Grand Turks today instead of St. Thomas..we are on this Sunday, the 9th...

I would love to stop at Grand Turk, but it looks like we are getting a sea day. Good thing I packed a lot of books.

• Like 2