MSC Grandiosa - Covid outbreak

Homestyle

Wait.

Whilst I agree with the 'free speech' movement, just as with any information, it can be twisted and not as the headline appears. So, it's important to read the story behind the shock headlines. These two stories are potentially a great example.

For a start, MSC does NOT have a vaccination mandate and also has a higher proportion of unvaccinated kids, so they are (obviously) going to have higher levels of infection.

NCL is halting eight ship's operation, but here are potentially two factors that do NOT mean there are massive COVID outbreaks. The ships in question are the older ones in the fleet and it MAY mean low sales, so they're taking the opportunity to refurbish or improve them or just save some money.

Before you flame me, remember I've put as much work into the above as the original shock-horror posters - none at all! I could be way off or hit it right on the nose, but my point is, don't take a headline (for anything) at face value!

Edited by Guindalf
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

Wait.

Whilst I agree with the 'free speech' movement, just as with any information, it can be twisted and not as the headline appears. So, it's important to read the story behind the shock headlines. These two stories are potentially a great example.

For a start, MSC does NOT have a vaccination mandate and also has a higher proportion of unvaccinated kids, so they are (obviously) going to have higher levels of infection.

NCL is halting eight ship's operation, but here are potentially two factors that do NOT mean there are massive COVID outbreaks. The ships in question are the older ones in the fleet and it MAY mean low sales, so they're taking the opportunity to refurbish or improve them or just save some money.

Before you flame me, remember I've put as much work into the above as the original shock-horror posters - none at all! I could be way off or hit it right on the nose, but my point is, don't take a headline (for anything) at face value!

I’ve been on 2 MSC cruises, one if Sept on the Divina and in Nov on the Seashore.   We had to be tested and show proof of vaccination for both.  

4 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

Wait.

from MSC website 

AT EMBARKATION

- All Guests aged 12 and older (8 years old for Saudi Arabia & Red Sea cruises) are required to be fully vaccinated or recovered from Covid-19 and all Guests aged 2 and older are required to submit a negative test prior to boarding.

- Health and COVID 19 screenings for all guests including a health questionnaire and a contactless temperature check

9 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Why are you so worried about those not vaccinated?  I just don't get it.  We chose to get vaxxed - they didn't.  Let life go on.

Personally I am not worried about them. I read everyday that couples with children, husband and wife, refused to get jab, died leaving 2, 3 ,4 or 5 kids.

That's who I feel sorry for.

Then you have those on their death bed begging for the jab when it is too late.

Edited by asctony
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Guindalf said:

Only two of the canceled ships were currently sailing with passengers (Pearl and Jade). The other five simply had their restarts delayed. This week's Getaway sailing was cancelled at the last minute, but the next sailing has not been canceled, so it is not included on that list of 8 ships. Also, only the Pearl's next sailing has been cancelled.