"Group Live" Caribbean Princess 1/9/22 - 1/16/22

CineGraphic

I’m looking forward to your postings. We are on CB February 6 for b2b. We haven’t been on this ship for 4 or 5 years. It will be interesting to see changes. I’m wondering if they installed hand washing stations at buffet like they have on Regal. Enjoy your cruise! 😀

• Like 2

Unfortunately my husband and I came down with Covid and had to cancel the cruise. We are disappointed, but will plan another cruise soon. For us, the symptoms were just like a cold with a slight fever. I am curious to know if the activities that I love onboard are still being held such as Bingo, Karaoke, Wine Tastings, Dancing etc. I will be following postings on this roll call to vacation vicariously through those who were able to go. 😉. Wishing everyone onboard a safe and super fun week! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, capriccio said:

We will be disembarking tomorrow after a very relaxing cruise and hope you all have a great cruise too.

The CD announced tonight that your cruise will have ‘about’ the same number of passengers (upper 900s).  

Here are some of the procedures on our cruise with that many passengers:

Two not three MDRs were open.  The Island (deck 5 midship) is open only for dinner.  The Coral (deck 6 midship) served all 3 meals plus mid afternoon tea.

Princess theater had only one show per night at 9 pm.  The excellent show band played in other venues too as did a singer and pianist duet.

Pay attention to port disembarkation instructions.  They will include warnings if you need a government ID to disembark and/or reboard, if you need to bring your vaccination card to show at the port and/or in certain businesses and if there are restrictions on disembarking with food.

Be prepared for some shortages. We experienced some wine out of stock, no small bottles of vodka in the elite minibar, no edamame for salads and a couple of other items.  None were, in our opinion, a big deal.  On the other hand the beef (prime rib, tenderloin, beef Wellington, and filet) was wonderful.

That’s all I can think of now.  Enjoy the crew, the ship and the ports!

What was the embarkation DR for lunch?

Thank you!

5 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

It looks like last minute cancellations have been strong.

Earlier in the week, the expected passenger count was around 1500.

A crew member just told me this morning that the count will be closer to 800.

Bad for business, but great for passengers!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thank you!

The Coral (deck 6 midship).  It was the only 'full service' (breakfast, lunch, mid-afternoon tea, and dinner) MDR on the cruise.  The Island (deck 5 midship) was only open for dinner according to the Patter.

On 1/8/2022 at 2:22 AM, glfgrljules said:

Thank you everyone. My kiddo is feeling pretty lousy (he is fully vaxxed). I’m sure glad we tested before we got on the plane! I rebooked for Feb 6. Fingers crossed!! 

Eric- how do you get all of your information on the ship? I will be very curious about my new sailing. 

I hope you all have a fantastic cruise! As I sit here, quarantined, I will be living vicariously through you all. So please post lots of updates 😉 Bon Voyage 

Sorry about your son. I moved to Florida from Boise in June and gotta say not missing that snow. We are on the Feb 6 cruise as well. Maybe we will meet!

• Like 1

Cruise director just announced “over 1000 crew members” so if the pax list is in the 900s we are going to enjoy some spectacular service!!!  We just ate lunch in the buffet and it was excellent with plenty of servers for drinks, roll ups, and cleaning up dishes.  Great start to the week!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

The Coral (deck 6 midship).  It was the only 'full service' (breakfast, lunch, mid-afternoon tea, and dinner) MDR on the cruise.  The Island (deck 5 midship) was only open for dinner according to the Patter.

Thanks!  Have a great time.

There is no elite goody bags, just got lotion. Only got gin and scotch with the mini bar so I had to order a bottle of vodka. Swapped out my fanta for tonic water. Used the app to order an extra towel and an ice bucket. Booked the train and coastal cruise for St. Kitts to use up our OBC.  Lunch was very good,  loved doing the muster on the TV, sailaway champagne has been delivered. Now we're just chilling until we head up to the sailaway party...

16417562667029154074186827885053.jpg

• Like 4

We made it on board around 1:30pm, and we were the only people in the check-in hall. Medallion net wouldn’t load for us at first, but it’s all been taken care of. 
I asked about available upgrades and they wanted $25 per person, per day to go from an inside to a balcony. I politely declined as we are just steps away from the aft bar and pool, so that becomes our balcony.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

It looks like last minute cancellations have been strong.

Earlier in the week, the expected passenger count was around 1500.

A crew member just told me this morning that the count will be closer to 800.

8 hours ago, Gatorzzzz said:

Wow. That’s a lot. 

Looking forward to your posts. We are doing the same itinerary in two weeks. 

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Wow. The covid virus really has cut back on the number of cruisers.

Maybe the first number was an over-estimate?

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thank you!

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

I have never seen nor heard of it being anything but Deck 6 Mid-Ship.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

We made it on board around 1:30pm, and we were the only people in the check-in hall. Medallion net wouldn’t load for us at first, but it’s all been taken care of. 
I asked about available upgrades and they wanted $25 per person, per day to go from an inside to a balcony. I politely declined as we are just steps away from the aft bar and pool, so that becomes our balcony.

I'd probably do it for $25 total per day.

I tried posting this last night, but you all know about the problems with CC and medallion net.

Dinner at the Crown Grill was excellent, and now we’re waiting for the guest soprano’s show to start. It ends up that we were both once section leaders with the St Louis Symphony Chorus, however my stint was a few years before she was born. 

Her one woman show was excellent, and I look forward to hearing her in Bravo later in the week. 

The cruise director spoke both before and after the show. He’s trying hard to keep everyone happy and entertained.

The slot machines last night were on vacuum mode.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, suekel said:

There is no elite goody bags, just got lotion. Only got gin and scotch with the mini bar so I had to order a bottle of vodka. Swapped out my fanta for tonic water. Used the app to order an extra towel and an ice bucket. Booked the train and coastal cruise for St. Kitts to use up our OBC.  Lunch was very good,  loved doing the muster on the TV, sailaway champagne has been delivered. Now we're just chilling until we head up to the sailaway party...

16417562667029154074186827885053.jpg

I was on this ship on a B2B over the holidays. They have the bags with the things in it but you need to ask the cabin steward and he will get it for you. Mine did

7 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

I was on this ship on a B2B over the holidays. They have the bags with the things in it but you need to ask the cabin steward and he will get it for you. Mine did

When we arrived on board on January 2 there was one lotion on the counter.  They didn’t have the bags according to my steward.  He made a basket out of a hand towel and filled it with 3 lotions, a shampoo/conditioner, a loofah, 2 emery boards, 2 shower caps, a body gel and some q-tips.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I tried posting this last night, but you all know about the problems with CC and medallion net.

Dinner at the Crown Grill was excellent, and now we’re waiting for the guest soprano’s show to start. It ends up that we were both once section leaders with the St Louis Symphony Chorus, however my stint was a few years before she was born. 

Her one woman show was excellent, and I look forward to hearing her in Bravo later in the week. 

The cruise director spoke both before and after the show. He’s trying hard to keep everyone happy and entertained.

The slot machines last night were on vacuum mode.

Do they try to social distance in the CG?

4 minutes ago, capriccio said:

When we arrived on board on January 2 there was one lotion on the counter.  They didn’t have the bags according to my steward.  He made a basket out of a hand towel and filled it with 3 lotions, a shampoo/conditioner, a loofah, 2 emery boards, 2 shower caps, a body gel and some q-tips.

Maybe it was type of cabin or something. I don't know I was ONLY saying what I did and got

1 minute ago, rabin1 said:

Maybe it was type of cabin or something. I don't know I was ONLY saying what I did and got

As was I.

I know there were other items unavailable due to the relatively large numbers of passengers on the 2 holiday cruises - or at least that was the excuse given 😏.  We were in a Club Class mini but I don’t think that mattered. I didn’t push the issue after being told they didn’t have them but our steward showed great initiative and creativity.

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Do they try to social distance in the CG?

It was very empty when we showed up at 7:30, so hard to tell.

We’re going to Sabatini’s tonight at 7:30 as well.

Here’s a pic from last night’s show by guest soprano, Caroline Miller.

07F0F19D-A3DC-469B-8278-F6B37DE6F295.thumb.jpeg.cbd1ee1c2ee21d9c4311e3a6d73d145d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the things that Pam and I noticed is that none of the outdoor clocks are working, and they all display different times. I can see two from where I’m currently sitting (aft pool) one says 1:13 and the other says 5:30

CF639F0E-2260-436F-A084-345CEBD7F687.jpeg

• Haha 1