Live Review Apex 1/8/2022 - 1/15/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

54 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My experience , there are 14 menus and they rotate starting with Day 1 menu and may swap out the menu for the Chic nights depending on the cruise.   Besides that you pretty much get the same menu a second time. 

If you are doing a longer cruise the Maitre'd often will advise that if you want something special just ask him a day in advance and they will have it prepared for you.   I also swap it up by ordering from MDR menu (when available) , Children's Menu

To best determine your Eden visit  you can look on the App Menu and it is usually pretty accurate on the Current and next cruise.

our last cruise was a 16 day Thanksgiving 2019 cruise so with Turkey inserted one night, it's pretty much as Jim reports. Of course the dining options on Apex give more than sufficient permutations.

I missed the Chocolate Creme Brulee that one night, but I somehow made up for that loss with other choices. 

1 hour ago, Cruisegoer said:

So you've been on cruises in Egypt? I'm asking since you love de-Nile River.

I understand your cute joke; however, once again, it's reality, I simply cannot breath normally in that condition, there is nothing to deny.  And yes, among 40+ cruises, I was on one stooped in Egypt.  One of the best was 12-day in March 8, 2020, South Atlantic crossing from Eastern Island to Tahiti on Ponant Le Soleal - it became 17-day without stops after first 3 days, and nevertheless, it was great - just floating in those waters with warm salty air and beautiful night skies - oh, my, my!  Then the President sent a plane to get us along with other US citizens who stuck in Tahiti to fly us back (French took care of their own, and I don't know what happened to Germans and Australians who left on the ship when we left).

2 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 5 

Cozumel Getting off the ship and into town.  We are lucky today because we are docked closer to downtown!!!  The Wonder is next to us.  The Apex is towering over the Wonder

2 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Hey, don't know the Wonder. I've been on it 5 times, it's a great 'little' ship. If it wasn't for Disney keep raising their prices I'd probably still be on the Disney line this weekend vs. Celebrity. 

30 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

I understand your cute joke; however, once again, it's reality, I simply cannot breath normally in that condition, there is nothing to deny.  And yes, among 40+ cruises, I was on one stooped in Egypt.  One of the best was 12-day in March 8, 2020, South Atlantic crossing from Eastern Island to Tahiti on Ponant Le Soleal - it became 17-day without stops after first 3 days, and nevertheless, it was great - just floating in those waters with warm salty air and beautiful night skies - oh, my, my!  Then the President sent a plane to get us along with other US citizens who stuck in Tahiti to fly us back (French took care of their own, and I don't know what happened to Germans and Australians who left on the ship when we left).

Unfortunately it's not medically possible for your "struggle to breath" be as real as you profess unless you suffer from a chronic lung condition like COPD.

43 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

Unfortunately it's not medically possible for your "struggle to breath" be as real as you profess unless you suffer from a chronic lung condition like COPD.

I don't know how else to explain it - but I sometimes I faint because of that without warning (it happened a few times to me on planes even before 2020).  I don't consider myself having any chronic condition, because besides those few occurrences I'm fine all my life (except when forced to cover my nose for last almost 2 years).  I actually found a forum where otherwise healthy people describe exact the same events occurring to them on planes.  One time it happened when I flew to Brazil for a cruise about 12 years ago: when I came back from fainting, I asked where we are flying over now; it was Venezuela; I screamed - "Please, don't do an emergency landing for me. No Hugo, please!".  In the destination in San Paulo I was first to about to leave the plain for my cruise, but they stopped me saying that they sent for the doctor to check me, and  the medical crew came to the plain before we left, checked me, and said that I'm fine.  I'm concerned these days what everyone including crew would think on a plane if this happens to me again (again, I don't want to be assumed or considered sick for no reason).

Edited by kirtihk

37 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

I don't know how else to explain it - but I sometimes I faint because of that without warning (it happened a few times to me on planes even before 2020).  I don't consider myself having any chronic condition, because besides those few occurrences I'm fine all my life (except when forced to cover my nose for last almost 2 years).  I actually found a forum where otherwise healthy people describe exact the same events occurring to them on planes.  One time it happened when I flew to Brazil for a cruise about 12 years ago: when I came back from fainting, I asked where we are flying over now; it was Venezuela; I screamed - "Please, don't do an emergency landing for me. No Hugo, please!".  In the destination in San Paulo I was first to about to leave the plain for my cruise, but they stopped me saying that they sent for the doctor to check me, and  the medical crew came to the plain before we left, checked me, and said that I'm fine.  I'm concerned these days what everyone including crew would think on a plane if this happens to me again (again, I don't want to be assumed or considered sick for no reason).

Sounds like a classic panic attack.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, cltcruisers123 said:

Have you noticed whether you can eat at any of the specialty restaurants without reservations if you wanted to? Booked this last minute and hope we’ll still have options next week (1/22). Thanks

Should be no problem with the capacity on board.  We have eaten at both Fine Cuts steakhouse as well as Eden at 600 and both times there were lots of empty tables.  Only 4 being used at Eden and 6 in Fine Cuts. The only venue that will be sold out is the chefs table on the Magic Carpet.  It's 129 pp and will be held probably only once. 

Since you're staying in the Retreat your assigned dining room is Luminae.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cltcruisers123 said:

I see Blu has a Beyond Burger, so that’s something. 

There are options for your wife on a daily basis in the Oceanview Cafe for lunch.

Blu though is the dedicated restaurant for those staying in Aqua class cabins.  Since you're staying in the Retreat, a simple conversation with your concierge should enable your wife to enjoy the food choices she needs.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, dazey said:

Regarding reservations for Fine Cut and Eden, we were on Apex in November and I made the reservations online months before sailing.  This way you get the time you want and can always cancel  once on board if you change your mind. Because of the lower number of passengers you might be okay doing it once on board but why take the chance.   

If you purchase a 3+ night dining package you can only make your reservations once on board.  We got the 4 night for 165 pp, which is basically getting 1 night free since they are 55 per night.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

If you purchase a 3+ night dining package you can only make your reservations once on board.  We got the 4 night for 165 pp, which is basically getting 1 night free since they are 55 per night.

Interestingly enough I don’t have any options to purchase anything in the app. Kind of different than what I’m used to with NCL and even Carnival has purchase options.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cltcruisers123 said:

Interestingly enough I don’t have any options to purchase anything in the app. Kind of different than what I’m used to with NCL and even Carnival has purchase options.

Check back again!  If you just booked might be a system thing!l either that or might be sold out.  If you are looking at 3 night you might want to look at 4 night package.  Also call them to double check again to see if they can do it for you over the phone.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

My experience , there are 14 menus and they rotate starting with Day 1 menu and may swap out the menu for the Chic nights depending on the cruise.   Besides that you pretty much get the same menu a second time. 

If you are doing a longer cruise the Maitre'd often will advise that if you want something special just ask him a day in advance and they will have it prepared for you.   I also swap it up by ordering from MDR menu (when available) , Children's Menu

To best determine your Eden visit  you can look on the App Menu and it is usually pretty accurate on the Current and next cruise.

4 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

I don’t believe they change the Eden menu on the APEX.  I think it is the same until they update the entire menu.

Benny....I believe that Jim was referring to the menu at Luminae.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BennyBrun said:

Check back again!  If you just booked might be a system thing!l either that or might be sold out.  If you are looking at 3 night you might want to look at 4 night package.  Also call them to double check again to see if they can do it for you over the phone.

Thanks Benny will do!

BTW bourbon request…have you seen any Buffalo Trace onboard? Friend was on the Reflection over New Years and it was plentiful on that ship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cltcruisers123 said:

Thanks Benny will do!

BTW bourbon request…have you seen any Buffalo Trace onboard? Friend was on the Reflection over New Years and it was plentiful on that ship.

I will take a look at the shops and get back to you.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cltcruisers123 said:

Bypass the app and just go to the website.  Enter your booking information and you should be good to go.  That is how I spent the 330 out of our 450 in OBC.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cltcruisers123 said:

Thanks Benny will do!

Yes, I have seen it. And Woodford Reserve and Gentlemen Jack.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cltcruisers123 said:

Thanks Benny will do!

Buffalo Trace was plentiful on the Edge in December

• Thanks 2

Day 5

Local liquor prices.  This is the place we come to buy liquor.  Tequila mostly.  Prices are in pesos!  Sauvignon Blanc from Chile is amazing.  They have a lot of select from.  They are currently not confiscating liquor so we buy it and pack it the same day.  They are gifts.  The Huana is half the price compared to duty free.

6CA438EC-F4DD-4CEC-BB81-85D9A91489AE.jpeg

6721A794-A0F1-45ED-B003-C78EBC4E0974.jpeg

B68FDFF9-BDC5-4A9C-800A-50B7184FF8A2.jpeg

69E6C590-27E1-4E5D-B145-61D96870E809.jpeg

D0CB8CC0-9AB6-4E59-AF36-6D40BD723BD9.jpeg

• Like 2