Live Review Apex 1/8/2022 - 1/15/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

I am so full from eating way too much food, not to mention all the places I have been onboard and off the ship.  Just think, I have more to come and I haven't even left my study with my iMac.  Thank you, BennyBrun, for my vacation!  I will be on her in October, but feel like a friend due to your photos and information.  What a wonderful winter treat!   Really enjoying the cruise through your lens and your eyes!

Many thanks for my vicarious Caribbean vacation.  Cannot wait for what's ahead!

Thank you so much!  I am glad you are enjoying it.  You will love the ship.  It is amazing!

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan said:

It was stated that one guest in quarantine tested positive,   Obviously there have to be more.  I am curious if they  have announced the total number or are going the "ignorance is bliss" route.

The captain said we hit 1% total and I called guest relations and they confirmed 1% as well with 1 guest in quarantine and close contacts in isolation.  So 1% of the ship population would be about 21 people total.  So 1 guest and 20 crew.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MomC2L2 said:

Question about the Buffalo Trace…

I understand it’s available to drink in the bars but can you buy it onboard? My son in law would love a bottle, especially if I am buying 😉

Sadly when I checked with the store tonight it is sold out.  It was 31.99 a bottle.

3 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

The captain said we hit 1% total and I called guest relations and they confirmed 1% as well with 1 guest in quarantine and close contacts in isolation.  So 1% of the ship population would be about 21 people total.  So 1 guest and 20 crew.

20 crew would coincide with the Eden performers from last week and so far this week not performing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan said:

It was stated that one guest in quarantine tested positive,   Obviously there have to be more.  I am curious if they  have announced the total number or are going the "ignorance is bliss" route.

I thought I read 1%

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Snagged three 1/2 liter bottles for 16.00. One to gift and two to keep.

Sounds like a very good deal.  Is Vanilla  readily available or do you recommend going to a particular shop or area to purchase? We will be in Cozumel on the 26th

Thanks!

• Like 1

I would always pick up 32 oz bottles of vanilla one for me and one for my mom.  I use a cap full in my french toast batter, along with fresh ground nutmeg ....yummy.

Since we can't cruise right now I was able to order the same vanilla online los cinco soles vanilla as a surprise for my mom.  She is an avid baker and loves this vanilla.

Vanilla should be readily available in Cozumel just make sure there is a statement on the label that says "does not contain couramin"....that is very important.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 5

So the only unknown to us is if we will make Nassau or not.  I probably missed the announcements about it.  Personally it could be a sea day.  We already visited 3 ports all entertainment went on as scheduled had two great lobster entrées.  Life is great on the APEX.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your photos and cruise experience with us ! I  enjoyed following your posts.... especially since we are boarding the Apex on 1/15 for b2b cruises.  A few days ago we were on the verge of cancelling the trip but following you and viewing the photos of life aboard ( as it is)  restored our confidence in a safe sailing.  Perhaps we will cross paths next week.  Thanks again

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NY Mike said:

Sounds like a very good deal.  Is Vanilla  readily available or do you recommend going to a particular shop or area to purchase? We will be in Cozumel on the 26th

Thanks!

I recommend you go to the Mega.  At the front section they have the tourist vanilla and then at the baking section they have the vanilla the local uses.  The smaller size 75 pesos tastes just like the tourist bottle.

19 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

I would always pick up 32 oz bottles of vanilla one for me and one for my mom.  I use a cap full in my french toast batter, along with fresh ground nutmeg ....yummy.

Since we can't cruise right now I was able to order the same vanilla online los cinco soles vanilla as a surprise for my mom.  She is an avid baker and loves this vanilla.

Vanilla should be readily available in Cozumel just make sure there is a statement on the label that says "does not contain couramin"....that is very important.

Thanks @HogladyriderI'm going to that website. 

11 minutes ago, NY Mike said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your photos and cruise experience with us ! I  enjoyed following your posts.... especially since we are boarding the Apex on 1/15 for b2b cruises.  A few days ago we were on the verge of cancelling the trip but following you and viewing the photos of life aboard ( as it is)  restored our confidence in a safe sailing.  Perhaps we will cross paths next week.  Thanks again

OMG thank you so much.  You have to decide for yourself and I just wanted to bring a positive attitude to what cruising is like and “show” as much as possible what life is like onboard so you can see for yourself.  You will have a great time!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

You have to go see Tree of Life!!  Visually stunning!

We're going to the 930 show.  Didn't get out of Fine Cuts till 735.

Also, you are quoted in a CC article about live threads during Covid.  They mentioned your MG thread as the first review.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Did not hear.  Have been sitting on the IV balcony enjoying the breeze while my DW gets ready for dinner.

Did the Captain say we are docking in Nassau or going to Nassau?  Could be the same turnaround that we experienced last week.

He said we are going to Nassau he did not use the word dock.  When I called guest relations they said we will dock but not certain until we get there I guess.

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

We're going to the 930 show.  Didn't get out of Fine Cuts till 735.

Also, you are quoted in a CC article about live threads during Covid.  They mentioned your MG thread as the first review.

The 7:30 show was 30% full of that.  Wow I did not know that.  I will have to go find the article so I can read it later!  Thank you for letting me know.  I am trying not to wonder off the boards so I don’t jinx the Wi-Fi connection and I can continue to upload pictures.

2 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

He said we are going to Nassau he did not use the word dock.  When I called guest relations they said we will dock but not certain until we get there I guess.

They will want updated info and if they require testing as they did last week, the Captain will tell them to pound sand and we go to sea.  No big loss as far as I'm concerned.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

The 7:30 show was 30% full of that.  Wow I did not know that.  I will have to go find the article so I can read it later!  Thank you for letting me know.  I am trying not to wonder off the boards so I don’t jinx the Wi-Fi connection and I can continue to upload pictures.

It was entitled What's it like to cruise during Omicron?

• Thanks 1