Live Review Apex 1/8/2022 - 1/15/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

7 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

Do you happen to have any photos of the cabins designated as Covid Quarantine cabins? I'm on the 3rd floor (where I've read they are) and afraid I'm going to be near one and share ventilation!

If there is a section quarantined off to the general public, then how do you expect someone to get a picture?  Depending upon the capacity numbers on your sailing, you may get moved to a different cabin and you may not even know this until after you check in.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kevinb1176 said:

Rules for thee but not for me on the Apex right now.  I’m not really a believer in masks or the vaccine and booster I got but I do respect the rules that they ask you to abide by. 

If I have to wear a mask, why doesn’t everyone including the bridge staff? Shouldn’t their health be most important as if there is a Covid breakout, who drives the ship and keeps the passengers safe? Seems hypocritical that these fine officers don’t think the rules are important enough for them to follow.  

I watched from my balcony earlier this morning. It went on for more than just a few minutes. 

3BC548CC-916A-4CB1-9C30-C231E7A99EEC.jpeg

44CF5DEA-3BAD-4069-8EBE-EE96979E75C1.jpeg

Do you wear a mask in your cabin?  Obviously no.  If the members on the bridge wish to do their duties mask free, it should be their option. Obviously once they leave the bridge and possibly interact with the general public, masks go on.😷

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking at your pictures continues to convince us we have an addiction, and only by going on another cruise in a few weeks will help us deal with the withdrawals we’re going through now. Yes, we just got back from a cruise Jan 3rd. But, when you’re addicted, it doesn’t take long for the twitches to start appearing again! 😂

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

Day 4

Caravan … did not know anything about this show had no expectations but it was fun and entertaining and a must see…. The entertainment on the APEX has been great and you have something to do see hear every night into the wee hours.

1B28D8B5-DE9A-44F0-BAD4-E69A1E976017.jpeg

DF6E8864-399F-4E6A-9FA4-1D4C715B48BD.jpeg

E8B726CA-4F7A-4454-AC3E-21D1DC82A1C6.jpeg

0B6D6510-ACE0-423F-9928-ED202A1AB80E.jpeg

7C9E736C-A0A5-4386-8054-893241E30908.jpeg

65D04F01-DB80-4B58-B523-F69BED688298.jpeg

D887D545-378A-4C1E-84A1-77E91CE8BC70.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

Sorry I'm a little confused, so deck 3 forward by the theater, but doors that were between the theater and cabins? Looking at the deck plans there really aren't identified doors forward on deck 3 before the theater.

Internet Service was terrible today so couldn’t respond. I attached a screen shot of the map. The x’s are where we saw the signs. I don’t remember if we took the elevator or stairs to deck 3 but it was the forward one. 

A4474D1C-9EB4-4A43-B957-08A32722A3A7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Any cruise we have been on that had Belize as a stop we were ALWAYS advised NOT to venture outside of the port area, unless we were booked on a ship excursion.  We would take the tender into the port and return to the ship.

Belize outside of the port area IMO is not safe for any travelers, have read too many reports of crime against tourists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Do you wear a mask in your cabin?  Obviously no.  If the members on the bridge wish to do their duties mask free, it should be their option. Obviously once they leave the bridge and possibly interact with the general public, masks go on.😷

No, I don’t wear a mask in my cabin but I’m told to everywhere else. They are in close proximity to those entering and exiting the bridge with the public. They should be wearing a mask. If they have a Covid outbreak in the bridge, are you going to drive the ship?

they should follow their rules!

So, I have a question for all those here.

What do the premium lines have on Apex, or Beyond, besides being a smaller intimate  ship (no small issue for some). And perhaps going to smaller ports.

I see all the amenities that Apex has and Beyond will be more.

42 minutes ago, Kevinb1176 said:

Internet Service was terrible today so couldn’t respond. I attached a screen shot of the map. The x’s are where we saw the signs. I don’t remember if we took the elevator or stairs to deck 3 but it was the forward one. 

A4474D1C-9EB4-4A43-B957-08A32722A3A7.jpeg

I can confirm that the aft is camp at sea.

43 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Any cruise we have been on that had Belize as a stop we were ALWAYS advised NOT to venture outside of the port area, unless we were booked on a ship excursion.  We would take the tender into the port and return to the ship.

Belize outside of the port area IMO is not safe for any travelers, have read too many reports of crime against tourists.

I would concur with that and strongly advise against exiting outside the compound!!!  Book your excursion with the cruise line!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coopster said:

just wondering about the magic carpet is it for drinks only? Or can you have dinner there? and if so how do you make reservations? tia

They mostly is for drinks there is a small menu you can order food but it’s additional charge when it’s on 14.  When it’s on 5 it’s an extension of raw on 5.  They also do a dinner up there for $129.00 per person you book onboard but you have to book fast.

@BennyBrunthanks for a great live review and so many wonderful photos! We were on the Apex ourselves in September (Greece & Dubrovnik), and I am thoroughly enjoying the pics AND your positive tone/enthusiasm. [there are plenty of other threads where people can complain about mask compliance or express worry about their upcoming cruise]. We loved dining in Eden too, felt like such a special experience with delicious and well-presented food. Hope you keep-on having a fabulous cruise 😀🚢😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

They mostly is for drinks there is a small menu you can order food but it’s additional charge when it’s on 14.  When it’s on 5 it’s an extension of raw on 5.  They also do a dinner up there for $129.00 per person you book onboard but you have to book fast.

is there a menu for the 129 dinner and does the meal plan cover it?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

They do.  When they are outside the bridge just like you do when you are outside your cabin.  Now, if you have photographic evidence of officers not being masked up when they are walking around the ship, then you have a valiant gripe.  Otherwise you are just a reluctant vaccine recipient who more than likely got the jab in order to cruise.

Masking with co workers is a must especially the bridge who are responsible for driving the ship. People come and go from there and it is not a bubble. We in healthcare mask when others our in shared work spaces, ie private offices as well as doing work in clinic, so should they. I would bet it is celebrity’s policy too. 

31 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

So, I have a question for all those here.

What do the premium lines have on Apex, or Beyond, besides being a smaller intimate  ship (no small issue for some). And perhaps going to smaller ports.

I see all the amenities that Apex has and Beyond will be more.

Just so you don’t sidetrack this thread, you may want to start a new thread and ask your question there. Just a suggestion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2