Live Review Apex 1/8/2022 - 1/15/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

I do not recall the deserts at Oceanview being so fantastic looking. And consistently so.

Is it Benny the Photographer or is it really that good? 

Chocolate and Strawberry are two great combos.

image.png.4582adc4cfb8ccab07e59b508297c936.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

I do not recall the deserts at Oceanview being so fantastic looking. And consistently so.

You are looking at it from the same point of view as me standing in front of the dessert selection taking a quick snap with my phone.  No filter no staging no set up.  Quick snaps from my phone to CC.  😂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HMR74 said:

The creme brulee was delicious.  Many of the cakes looked better than they tasted, as well as the donuts.  Had tried 3 types of donuts last week.  Had a bite of each and that was it.  The key lime today was ok.  Others  had a mousse on top and cake below.  The mousse was ok, the cake was dry.

Their morning croissants are where they excell, almond, chocolate and plain..    Also had a raspberry creme puff that was very good. The cakes are mainly for show.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

We will be going back out of Bayonne in June for 12 days on the Oasis, 5 to Canada and 7 to the Bahamas.  First time on Oasis Class.

We love the Oasis class ships but the energy level is about 10 times more than Celebrity.  Classical music at Central Park and I highly recommend the UDP.

3 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

We love the Oasis class ships but the energy level is about 10 times more than Celebrity.  Classical music at Central Park and I highly recommend the UDP.

We have the UDP for the 7 day portion.  It will be the first 2 dry cruises we have been on in well over 10 years.  RCI's pathetic dynamic pricing policy is killing me.  74 bucks after tip for UBP. That's with a 30% discount. Almost 1800 for the 12 days. We got the non-alcoholic package for 20 bucks after tip on cyber Monday for all 12 days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

We were on the Edge in October and the Oceanview bakery was fabulous. Here is a sample of Halloween:

741A4B95-0B56-439A-BD57-5035610E7644.jpeg

23DE2ACC-1468-4EC7-B273-ABCD1C098780.jpeg

FC566303-6D05-4E25-89F1-CFD5756CF40F.jpeg

17AE28E6-1477-4BB9-9C57-2263ACF09F90.jpeg

2270DFF9-17E8-4A53-AEEA-A542FF55C977.jpeg

42955E83-6895-43B3-833F-522D37995A53.jpeg

28EB3DC3-C486-4283-994B-FADB7A44517A.jpeg

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The creme brulee was delicious.  Many of the cakes looked better than they tasted, as well as the donuts.  Had tried 3 types of donuts last week.  Had a bite of each and that was it.  The key lime today was ok.  Others  had a mousse on top and cake below.  The mousse was ok, the cake was dry.

Their morning croissants are where they excell, almond, chocolate and plain..    Also had a raspberry creme puff that was very good. The cakes are mainly for show.

54 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The croissants are sooooo good.  I love them… I ask for extra jam / nutella with my room service to put it on thick.  Yes the desserts looks amazing some of them does not taste as amazing it looks!

21 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Challenge accepted 😂 

Too Late: the pizza, deep dish from Malnati's,  was luke warm, soggy and the crust was not crusty. Should have used the toaster oven.

Should have thought to take a picture. My bad.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

We have the UDP for the 7 day portion.  It will be the first 2 dry cruises we have been on in well over 10 years.  RCI's pathetic dynamic pricing policy is killing me.  74 bucks after tip for UBP. That's with a 30% discount. Almost 1800 for the 12 days. We got the non-alcoholic package for 20 bucks after tip on cyber Monday for all 12 days.

I would recommend you hawk the UDP because we usually are able to get it at 50% off rate of $179 -$194 for 7 day.  Once we hit that target we stop checking.  Get onboard early and make those reservations!!!!!

7 minutes ago, peanut head said:

Is there a fee to enter the shopping area in Costa Maya?

No fee.  But everything ( massively produced souvenirs, tolavera, porcelain) are overpriced (not sure about the jewels as we don’t buy them) if your itinerary includes Cozumel buy it there.  It’s nice to walk around and browse or take the taxi to the local beach.