Live Review Apex 1/8/2022 - 1/15/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

4 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

Also a Wal Mart Store across the street from PV port. Especially good if you forget toiletries and cannot bear to pay ships prices. Which is me.

Does CC have a board that lists the port essential shopping options??

Our rule is if we forget essentials we wait until the next port.  I really can’t bear to pay for a travel size listerine at the price we pay for full size bottles onboard.  Amazon need to develop that drone delivery ASAP lol.

14 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Our rule is if we forget essentials we wait until the next port.  I really can’t bear to pay for a travel size listerine at the price we pay for full size bottles onboard.  Amazon need to develop that drone delivery ASAP lol.

I bet that Amazon could cut a deal with cruise lines so that guests could order what they need on Amazon and arrange for a pallett delivery to the port and ship dock the day before cruise.starts. Imagine having an Amazon box or two waiting for you in your cabin. 

Would save on  the weight of suitcases.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for your virtual cruise! We sailed on Apex in December and it's fun to recognize parts of the ship that are our favorites! I even could pinpoint some of the restrooms you photographed....ha! Spent some time in Mont Blanc when hubby surprised me with a Beatles rollerball pen! Now we need to book the Apex for the British Isles cruise next year for a stop in Liverpool!!

Appreciate all the info you are providing as well...dinner in Eden was one of the highlights of our trip...oh heck....everything was fabulous.

PS I'm a big fan of the infinite veranda! Enjoy the rest of your journey!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

I bet that Amazon could cut a deal with cruise lines so that guests could order what they need on Amazon and arrange for a pallett delivery to the port and ship dock the day before cruise.starts. Imagine having an Amazon box or two waiting for you in your cabin. 

Would save on  the weight of suitcases.

They should!!!  I know you can send crew meme we stuff to their Miami address and they can pick up stuff when they go back to the home port but to expand that to the guests would be great but I think it would be a lot of unnecessary work for them.

43 minutes ago, Maggie North said:

Thank you for your virtual cruise! We sailed on Apex in December and it's fun to recognize parts of the ship that are our favorites! I even could pinpoint some of the restrooms you photographed....ha! Spent some time in Mont Blanc when hubby surprised me with a Beatles rollerball pen! Now we need to book the Apex for the British Isles cruise next year for a stop in Liverpool!!

Appreciate all the info you are providing as well...dinner in Eden was one of the highlights of our trip...oh heck....everything was fabulous.

PS I'm a big fan of the infinite veranda! Enjoy the rest of your journey!

Thank you so much.  That is so nice of him!!  We are thinking about booking the Norway cruise next year.

Your photos are amazing!  Thank you for taking the time.  We are also on the Jan 29th sailing, somewhat undecided but holding off until near the 48 hour deadline to cancel.  We may actually be safer on the ship than in Fl.

May have to go just for the chocolate cream brûlée!  Oh was the French day at lunch or dinner? 

Thanks,

Vicky

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

I did not know that and next time it might be worth the upgrade vs paying the difference as you go.

The difference between the premium and the classic is 12 bucks a day including gratuity.  You could do it tomorrow and it will only cost you 48.00.  

1 hour ago, vickykay said:

Your photos are amazing!  Thank you for taking the time.  We are also on the Jan 29th sailing, somewhat undecided but holding off until near the 48 hour deadline to cancel.  We may actually be safer on the ship than in Fl.

May have to go just for the chocolate cream brûlée!  Oh was the French day at lunch or dinner? 

Thanks,

Vicky

I feel much safer on this ship than being at home doing my normal activities.  Cream brûlée is on French day at Oceanview.  They caramelize the top as you wait!  Fire 🔥 

1 hour ago, vickykay said:

Thanks,

Vicky

The French day is at the Oceanview at lunchtime.  They had 5 different varieties of creme brulee made in front of you with the sugar and blow torch. They have a carrot creme brulee that Benny had earlier this week and I will have tonight at Eden.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chocolabmom said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post all these gorgeous photos and give us all this information.  DH and I are on the Apex in April and I am really hoping things settle down by then because I am so excited to be sailing on her!  

I hope it will and I hope the capacity will be low for your sailing because it is a different experience.  If you ask me would I prefer sailing 1/3 with a mask on while in transit (because when you are indoor on a cruise ship you are either eating or drinking ) and at theaters / activities with no drinking or eating or full jammed packed sailing, I gladly reach for that mask.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Had a blast on the Summit Martini Bar, which was more of a large oval if I recall and had the ice top.  We did a repo cruise from Bayonne to San Juan.

I loved sailing from Bayonne.  It’s so convenient for us and we love the ship.  The Martini bar on the Summit just feels different than the APEX.  Both fabulous in their own way.

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

I loved sailing from Bayonne.  It’s so convenient for us and we love the ship.  The Martini bar on the Summit just feels different than the APEX.  Both fabulous in their own way.

We will be going back out of Bayonne in June for 12 days on the Oasis, 5 to Canada and 7 to the Bahamas.  First time on Oasis Class.

• Like 1