Live Review Apex 1/8/2022 - 1/15/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

27 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

I understand. I like to seat in the open air/sun while the whales go by or maybe flying fish while not sucking out all the cool air in the cabin.

here is an expensive solution-call it brainstorming. But its a starting point. Hint hint Celebrity.  Get  interconnecting cabins, one with the old standard balcony and one with IV.

Now let the designers and planners for X, who did Beyond,  run with that idea. Or, get a Celebrity Suite and have 1/2 the room set up with IV and other half with traditional. Which I think would be pretty cool, not worth the extra cost, but cool.

I also guess either one of these set ups would make the external appearance of the ship look wierd.

Are Oasis class ships too wide for panama canal. Our last canal trip was in the late 90's when Vision was new. I was wondering why edge class are not wider, but going longer and taller, and making extensive use of top decks overhanging lower decks.eg, like aircraft carriers.

Edited by HMR74
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

What an excellent learning experience-- I can't say " Thank You " enough for the time and effort  Mr.B is taking to educate those of us that have not been on this ship.

A few comments:

Beautiful, spotless ship -- Food presentation excellent and very appealing--- Entertainment " appears " to be same as always, but, not a complaint-- what else could they have ? )--seems as if there are very few passengers and limited mingling with folks you are not travelling with ( No where ya from , must be cold up there, how many cruises ya been on, wanna see pictures of our grandchildren , etc ).

Only one negative -- ( for us ) is the IV -- it looks much too small and not really a balcony.

We prefer a balcony ( as on the S Class ships ) on the " hump " --- middle of ship, large chairs, foot stools, nice size table and a railing to lean on and stare into space. 

I guess the only option for a " real " balcony would be a suite-- but, not for us---we would not use the services of the butler--- and besides , ( LOL ) we are now Elite and get a free bag of laundry and a diet coke between 5-7 pm. 

You also have the option for a sunset verandah.  They are at the back of the ship!  It is a beautiful ship!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Day 4

I need help from the fellow cruise critic members who have been on this ship and saw the few lol pictures I posted.  Is there any public area / section / neighborhood on the APEX my camera has not captured and should be explored?  Let me know!!  Thank you!

2 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 4

I need help from the fellow cruise critic members who have been on this ship and saw the few lol pictures I posted.  Is there any public area / section / neighborhood on the APEX my camera has not captured and should be explored?  Let me know!!  Thank you!

You have done a fantastic job of shooting photos.   I've really enjoyed getting to see Apex from your very eyes.  

Thanks for the valiant job.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Rules for thee but not for me on the Apex right now.  I’m not really a believer in masks or the vaccine and booster I got but I do respect the rules that they ask you to abide by. 

If I have to wear a mask, why doesn’t everyone including the bridge staff? Shouldn’t their health be most important as if there is a Covid breakout, who drives the ship and keeps the passengers safe? Seems hypocritical that these fine officers don’t think the rules are important enough for them to follow.  

I watched from my balcony earlier this morning. It went on for more than just a few minutes. 

3BC548CC-916A-4CB1-9C30-C231E7A99EEC.jpeg

44CF5DEA-3BAD-4069-8EBE-EE96979E75C1.jpeg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

here is an expensive solution-call it brainstorming. But its a starting point. Hint hint Celebrity.  Get  interconnecting cabins, one with the old standard balcony and one with IV.

Now let the designers and planners for X, who did Beyond,  run with that idea. Or, get a Celebrity Suite and have 1/2 the room set up with IV and other half with traditional. Which I think would be pretty cool, not worth the extra cost, but cool.

I also guess either one of these set ups would make the external appearance of the ship look wierd.

Are Oasis class ships too wide for panama canal. Our last canal trip was in the late 90's when Vision was new. I was wondering why edge class are not wider, but going longer and taller, and making extensive use of top decks overhanging lower decks.eg, like aircraft carriers.

Wow that’s an interesting idea! 

15 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

Do you happen to have any photos of the cabins designated as Covid Quarantine cabins? I'm on the 3rd floor (where I've read they are) and afraid I'm going to be near one and share ventilation!

Unfortunately I do not as I don’t want to go into that corridor and I certainly don’t want to open doors that says off limits for quarantine because I do not want to isolate for 24 hours / test.  That’s one area I am staying away from.  Sorry about that!

6 minutes ago, Kevinb1176 said:

Rules for thee but not for me on the Apex right now.  I’m not really a believer in masks or the vaccine and booster I got but I do respect the rules that they ask you to abide by. 

If I have to wear a mask, why doesn’t everyone including the bridge staff? Shouldn’t their health be most important as if there is a Covid breakout, who drives the ship and keeps the passengers safe? Seems hypocritical that these fine officers don’t think the rules are important enough for them to follow.  

I watched from my balcony earlier this morning. It went on for more than just a few minutes. 

Here is my 2 cents worth:

I want the folks driving the ship to have total clarity on what was said. I think they do too.

I also think the masks impair to some extent mental awareness. Visual awareness also. Perhaps  not so much in the  open Ocean, but very much so  in ports.

Define why accidents happen. A momentary lapse in judgement? And why?

11 minutes ago, Kevinb1176 said:

Wow you were able to get a closer zoom then I can.  I am wondering if they have been limiting bridge officers to the public because on the Summit they were everywhere including the captain in November.  This time I don’t think I saw the Captain.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Wow you were able to get a closer zoom then I can.  I am wondering if they have been limiting bridge officers to the public because on the Summit they were everywhere including the captain in November.  This time I don’t think I saw the Captain.

I bet they doing some serious risk management to minimze the risk of the top crew from covid or anything.

Its one thing to cancel entertainment, and another to have to cancel driving and running the ship so I would think the top folks are in the cabins nearest the bridge and live in a bubble.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 4

Benny, I believe I have read/seen all of this wonderful thread, but I’m not certain I’ve seen pics of the Magic Carpet.  I have some I can post or enjoy looking at yours.  Three months ago we were enjoying our amazing 2 weeks on Apex!

Three food related hints or suggestions:  

1.  on our last sea day (last day of the cruise), it was Mediterranean day in the Oceanview. . . WOW!  Cooked to order lamb chops, steak, and soooo much more.

2.  If you or DW like seafood, the Sea Bass on the Cyprus exclusives was the best dish I ate, and one of the best dishes I have ever had 

3.  In Normandie, must recommend the Beef Tenderloin en Croute

53A491A9-E3E7-4790-BB10-042F3B8B7827.jpeg

6F2EF216-51A7-439D-963F-8A3346F48643.jpeg

Edited by bama4cruisin
  • Like 2

There’s no planning up there that doesn’t need a mask. It’s an excuse if you come up with anything other than hypocritical. 

We just left our room and another officer was walking back with WD-40 to the bridge which is right next to our room. They’re in and out all day and night so they should be masked up if we have to be. 

50 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 4

Have you posted pictures of the promenade decks very few passengers ever took the time to walk on when we were on the ship with 1700+ other passengers back in Nov? It provides a very peaceful walk from one end of the ship to the other, especially on the port side. 😎

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

What an excellent learning experience-- I can't say " Thank You " enough for the time and effort  Mr.B is taking to educate those of us that have not been on this ship.

A few comments:

Beautiful, spotless ship -- Food presentation excellent and very appealing--- Entertainment " appears " to be same as always, but, not a complaint-- what else could they have ? )--seems as if there are very few passengers and limited mingling with folks you are not travelling with ( No where ya from , must be cold up there, how many cruises ya been on, wanna see pictures of our grandchildren , etc ).

Only one negative -- ( for us ) is the IV -- it looks much too small and not really a balcony.

We prefer a balcony ( as on the S Class ships ) on the " hump " --- middle of ship, large chairs, foot stools, nice size table and a railing to lean on and stare into space. 

I guess the only option for a " real " balcony would be a suite-- but, not for us---we would not use the services of the butler--- and besides , ( LOL ) we are now Elite and get a free bag of laundry and a diet coke between 5-7 pm. 

Consider a Sunset Veranda with traditional balcony (no butler, not a suite)

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 4

The Fitness Center? Or did i miss your photos of it?

Enjoying your review. Thanks for taking the time to do one on your vacation. The ship and all the food looks amazing. Now I know why the shelves at my local Publix supermarket are bare. I am really looking forward to our B2B on the Apex in Apr/May after following your review.  Thanks again. 

Is there any public area / section / neighborhood on the APEX my camera has not captured and should be explored?  

None to my recollection!  Can you tell me if my guy Gede is still on board at the Sunset Bar?

Unfortunately I do not as I don’t want to go into that corridor and I certainly don’t want to open doors that says off limits for quarantine because I do not want to isolate for 24 hours / test.  That’s one area I am staying away from.  Sorry about that!

Can you at least say what section it's in? Deck 3, foward, aft, midship, port, starboard?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The Fitness Center? Or did i miss your photos of it?

Never mind, you got those. I think the only thing you're missing is Craft Social. I see the drink menu photos but are there photos of the actual bar? Did I miss those?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kevinb1176 said:

Maybe their in a bubble. Obviously we're not expected to wear a mask while in our room with family. Many of the crew areas have little space for social distancing. 

You could send on to Celebrity management and see what they say. 

A couple of weeks ago when we were on the Constellation, our cabin steward was not allowed to clean our cabin in any form or fashion while we were in there. If we came back from being out and about while she was cleaning, she would politely pick up her stuff and say I'll come back later once you're gone. When we asked her why, she said it was for safety reasons. We later found out it was because the stewards did not want to get caught up in any tracing just in case one of us later tested positive for C19, which meant they would subsequently have to go into quarantine. Is this also the case on the Apex?

They’re not in a bubble as staff are walking through the halls all day and night in and out of the bridge. I really don’t care what they do other than the rules are pushed on me and those who should be the most cautious abandon the rules. I was scolded one time when I walked in from outside to indoors which was an honest mistake. I forgot to put the mask on. 

and there are no decisions made where clarity needs to be 100%. We’re in port today. Here are additional photos. 

I’m sure corporate would not be happy about this. 

6F59C159-E119-4B2F-8B7B-EF26E8232ECF.jpeg

47A0FF7E-14D6-429E-A786-A97D0A6398C0.jpeg

B82ED960-A460-4CF4-9198-627066F41303.jpeg

3 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

Benny, I believe I have read/seen all of this wonderful thread, but I’m not certain I’ve seen pics of the Magic Carpet.  I have some I can post or enjoy looking at yours.  Three months ago we were enjoying our amazing 2 weeks on Apex!

Three food related hints or suggestions:  

1.  on our last sea day (last day of the cruise), it was Mediterranean day in the Oceanview. . . WOW!  Cooked to order lamb chops, steak, and soooo much more.

2.  If you or DW like seafood, the Sea Bass on the Cyprus exclusives was the best dish I ate, and one of the best dishes I have ever had 

3.  In Normandie, must recommend the Beef Tenderloin en Croute

53A491A9-E3E7-4790-BB10-042F3B8B7827.jpeg

6F2EF216-51A7-439D-963F-8A3346F48643.jpeg

Wow thank you so much!!!  I will have to see if we can fit all that good food in.  We are looking forward to the Extravaganza at Oceanview!

2 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

Can you at least say what section it's in? Deck 3, foward, aft, midship, port, starboard?

Oh it’s not that I don’t want to say, it’s because I don’t know yet but I will ask someone and get back to you!