Change Devices - Stream Wifi

cdel71

Our upcoming cruise is in 2 weeks and wondering if you can change the device your wifi package is tied to, or do you have to buy another package in addition to what I've already paid for (with the Indulge Package).

Due to Covid, my wife and I will be bringing our laptops in case we run into the unfortunate event of being quarantined... 

Normally we'd just use our iPhones, but will need wifi for the laptops too if we get unlucky.

Edited by cdel71

Just sign out of the first device and sign on with the second. Only one can be connected at a time, but you can use more than one device. You can also sign on in the i-lounge with your account.

Edited by RTShaker

1 minute ago, RTShaker said:

Just sign out of the first device and sign on with the second. Only one can be connected at a time, but you can use more than one device. You can also sign on in the i-lounge with your account.

This is great news, thanks for your fast reply!

We hope nothing happens, but better to be prepared if anything does.

1 hour ago, cdel71 said:

Our upcoming cruise is in 2 weeks and wondering if you can change the device your wifi package is tied to, or do you have to buy another package in addition to what I've already paid for (with the Indulge Package).

Due to Covid, my wife and I will be bringing our laptops in case we run into the unfortunate event of being quarantined... 

Normally we'd just use our iPhones, but will need wifi for the laptops too if we get unlucky.

We had a signal booster installed in our stateroom which made a difference in internet speed.  If you find that your signal is really weak in  your room, ask for one to be installed.  The other advice given is accurate from my experiences.

17 hours ago, cdel71 said:

You can use unlimited devices per account but only one at a time.   You can either logoff by typing LogOff or just log into other device and it will ask you if you want to disconnect the other device.  Really works seamlessly .

• Thanks 1

No it means you have an account and your wife have an account.   When you log on using your phone you use your Username and Pass and your wife does the same on her phone.

Each Celebrity Wifi account is able to connect to multiple devices but only one at a time.   So you can be on you Samsung on your account and she can be on yours and not affect each other at all.

When you board the ship you each create your username and password.   You enter your account number (Sea Pass Number) and then create a Username and Password.   Your wife will do the same using her SeaPass Number.   BTW the sea pass numbers are different for each person.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1