$30 VIFP offer!

CeleBrat

Check your VIFP offers. Looks like they are trying to make up for all the cancellations by offering cruises as low as $30. Offer valid for sailings thru April, but I could only find the super cheap rate for Jan.

Can’t get time off tosail right now though…

• Like 1

I’m not sure this low price cruise strategy is woking for Carnival. Just back Thursday from a 4 Day Sunrise sailing out of Miami.  I can only describe the experience as very “Jerry Springer”.  It was only my third Carnival cruise - my prior experience is with  NCL and RCL.  I’ve never experienced anything like this. While I enjoyed my prior two cruises on Carnival, this was that bad.  I will not be back…

• Like 2

@L1211 Seems the shorter cruises draw a crowd that can only afford to cram their fun into a few days. Just off Sunshine 12/26-12/31 and was kind of surprised with such a large percentage of guests dressed up for Elegant Night. Everybody soft pedals the dress code on Carnival but we had a great group on our 5 day holiday cruise.

I’m so glad for you. We had quite a few very well behaved children on our cruise, it was holiday time. But experienced three different adult fights/altercations - a first. I had my 21y/o DD with me and was both scared and embarrassed. It sucked the joy out of the experience for sure. 

• Thanks 1

I was a little worried about confrontations over masks but most everyone acted appropriately. Sorry to hear about the ugliness on your cruise. I know there have been times when Security has really had their hands full. We've done a few 5 day cruises but usually book 7 or 8 days.

no good offers for me after the old group expired on Jan 3rd. but i was lucky enough to book 4 out of my 5 that were  free or cheap sailings... my next cruise will be in May, which was a good deal but i did paid for it.. and I hope to get a deal on this one so i save money on this it ..but in a weird way im glad I do not have any new deals right now...I Cant take any time off of work for the next few months.. so no offers takes the temptations away.

3 hours ago, L1211 said:

I’m not sure this low price cruise strategy is woking for Carnival. Just back Thursday from a 4 Day Sunrise sailing out of Miami.  I can only describe the experience as very “Jerry Springer”.  It was only my third Carnival cruise - my prior experience is with  NCL and RCL.  I’ve never experienced anything like this. While I enjoyed my prior two cruises on Carnival, this was that bad.  I will not be back…

Same thing happened in Vegas when they did this to fill rooms. I heard some first hand reports about the conditions on the ground and the low-class atmosphere with some saying it was downright dangerous, even on the strip propper. 

10 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Same thing happened in Vegas when they did this to fill rooms. I heard some first hand reports about the conditions on the ground and the low-class atmosphere with some saying it was downright dangerous, even on the strip propper. 

Yep, it was bad!  I'm in Vegas 4-8 times every year.  I had never been afraid for my wife and I's well-being on the Strip until right after they reopened post-covid.  Thankfully, it's gotten a lot better recently though (during the past 6 months).

Screenshot 2022-01-09 104405.png

Edited by 4hunters
Forgot to add some of my current offers for a 7-day

40 minutes ago, 4hunters said:

Yep, it was bad!  I'm in Vegas 4-8 times every year.  I had never been afraid for my wife and I's well-being on the Strip until right after they reopened post-covid.  Thankfully, it's gotten a lot better recently though (during the past 6 months).

Screenshot 2022-01-09 104405.png

Yup! Those rates will bring out the Siegeal suites/the Strat riff-raff for sure (who will most assuredly line up to remove tips as well)...lol. Luckily, my April cruise is during spring break time so rates are a bit higher and hopefully avoid some ghetto cruisers. I'll be sure to check rates when the cruise is closer to look for huge drops. May be a sign to bail but I expect more families so things should (theoretically) be a bit calmer and less problematic. Thanks for the heads up! 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, L1211 said:

Our 3 rd carnival cruise was like that too . It made us jump  to celebrity.. We came back to carnival because we had teenage grandsons going. Only reason i have another carnival booked for august. I was actually on the cheerleading squad for a bit..

4 hours ago, claimee said:

Do these actually work for anyone?  Mine is showing $26 pp but when I click through it jumps to $243 pp. 😠 

image.png.53501699c32c043a4e4dbb7ba2ff2609.png

image.png.8f2edae82e106643c038ee90e27c3b75.png

for that same Jan23 cruise my offer is $50 interior and $135 ocean view.  funny how they are different and backwards.

When I click through the offer for the $50 interior my total price comes out to $395.72 total ($100/room and $295.72 taxes, fees, and ports).