Local urgent care covid testing

Lorey2007

My local Urgent care does the walk-in antigen test. The documentation they provide is a form with the info hand written after you wait the 15 minutes.

They only email the pcr test results.

Is this acceptable for RCL?

I'm about to cancel my cruise trying to see how to get a appt with CVS & Walgreens that is impossible. We're older & not comfortable with the online testing. Not interested in that.

I have done the "rapid test" at my local Urgent Care before cruising on Allure and again before a Celebrity cruise.

The letter from them was accepted. It specified the date the test was done, the results and was signed by the doctor.

Check this link from the RC website for more information.

www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Edited by Janet524
added info

6 minutes ago, Janet524 said:

I have done the "rapid test" at my local Urgent Care before cruising on Allure and again before a Celebrity cruise.

The letter from them was accepted. It specified the date the test was done, the results and was signed by the doctor.

Check this link from the RC website for more information.

www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Link not working can you repost ??

Here is the link

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

This is what is states re test results:

• You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are you flying in for your cruise? Many airports offer onsite walk up testing. I just cruises out of Ft Lauderdale last week and got my rapid antigen test done at the airport testing site - in and out in 15 min. This was for a Celebrity cruise. Good luck!

7 minutes ago, bortzct said:

Are you flying in for your cruise? Many airports offer onsite walk up testing. I just cruises out of Ft Lauderdale last week and got my rapid antigen test done at the airport testing site - in and out in 15 min. This was for a Celebrity cruise. Good luck!

What was the cost for this please?

A friend got a rapid test (not for travel) at an urgent care does this look like it would be acceptable . . picture below. Is there some one at RCL I can contact to find this out? 

Southshore.jpg

Edited by Lorey2007

2 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

A friend got a rapid test (not for travel) at an urgent care does this look like it would be acceptable . . picture below. Is there some one at RCL I can contact to find this out? 

Southshore.jpg

This is acceptable.  It has all the required information.