Is it worth it?

FiremedicMike151

1 hour ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

A chance to do some storytelling, that's all.

LOL--- Isn't it all part of the fun on CC ??

Now, Ya just reminded me about the time when ----- and , ya shoulda seen ---- and then, to top it off ---

If YOU think that " Bum " was gonna ---- then, the SOB ---- Holy Cow, ONE more word and I woulda---

But, but, --- 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

LOL--- Isn't it all part of the fun on CC ??

Now, Ya just reminded me about the time when ----- and , ya shoulda seen ---- and then, to top it off ---

If YOU think that " Bum " was gonna ---- then, the SOB ---- Holy Cow, ONE more word and I woulda---

But, but, --- 

As I said above. 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Thank goodness the OP was able to make up his mind despite all the off-topic posts that really meant absolutely nothing. Overt tipping, braggadocio, table mates at dinner, off-putting questions from strangers etc., etc., etc. Goes on everywhere on every ship and yet has nothing to do with the thread topic. A chance to do some storytelling, that's all. When you think about it, I am sure we are all the topic of someone's story, somewhere at some time. 

Good on ya, FiremedicMike15, for sifting through all the meaningless drivel and making a good decision.   

Lol - to be honest I was kinda busy yesterday, so when I came upon off topic posts I just skimmed right over them lol.. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Lol - to be honest I was kinda busy yesterday, so when I came upon off topic posts I just skimmed right over them lol.. 

The best approach (and easier on the blood pressure). Wait, that's OT as well - lol

I think you'll enjoy Celebrity, as we do - it's a relaxing breath of fresh air.

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Not surprised. In your profession you must be a critical thinker, able to see what's important through all the smoke and debris. On a personal note, my oldest son is a fire-medic lieutenant, my son-in-law a fire-medic. Both, 20 years on the job. We appreciate you. Now go have some fun and relaxation on Celebrity.

• Like 1

I've only been on Carnival once.  I was invited by a friend and we were on a 4-night sailing out of Galveston.  Would I go again?  I guess I would, at that price ($187 which also included our parking), but now I know what I would be getting.  

The food is better on Celebrity, and the dining room experience is a world of difference.  The bare tables on the Carnival ship felt like an Applebee's.  The super loud kitschy singing and dancing mid-meal is just not for me, but maybe that's not a Carnival thing and is more ship-specific.  

Even though the cruise was at a fraction of normal capacity, the pool deck party was nonstop and that precluded any time at the pool for me.  It was just very crowded around the pool and there were some Jerry Springer-ish moments.  I don't recall anything like that on Celebrity.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nurse.Laura said:

I've only been on Carnival once.  I was invited by a friend and we were on a 4-night sailing out of Galveston.  Would I go again?  I guess I would, at that price ($187 which also included our parking), but now I know what I would be getting.  

The food is better on Celebrity, and the dining room experience is a world of difference.  The bare tables on the Carnival ship felt like an Applebee's.  The super loud kitschy singing and dancing mid-meal is just not for me, but maybe that's not a Carnival thing and is more ship-specific.  

Even though the cruise was at a fraction of normal capacity, the pool deck party was nonstop and that precluded any time at the pool for me.  It was just very crowded around the pool and there were some Jerry Springer-ish moments.  I don't recall anything like that on Celebrity.  

You'll have no worries about the pool deck on Celebrity ships, I think it's the best place on the ship.

4 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

You'll have no worries about the pool deck on Celebrity ships, I think it's the best place on the ship.

Totally agree!  On one sailing to AK, I spent so much time out on the pool deck, wrapped up in a fleece throw.  It was the best.

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

The best approach (and easier on the blood pressure). Wait, that's OT as well - lol

Many of the Off Topic " stories " are much more interesting and enjoyable ( ok, ok to me ) to read than whether I should cruise with my 93 yr old grandmother,  I'm gonna wear my tank top, flip flops and jeans to the dining room because I have my " rights " ,  and " everybody's " ( ?? ) favorite -- Whose the Captain, CD, Chief Engineer, and , etc on our cruise in 2025 ??? 

Now to the topic -- Is it worth it ??

Who knows ?  We all have different priorities of what we expect from a cruise and how much we are comfortable spending without thinking about whether it's " worth it " every 18 minutes.

As noted above in a post--- parking was included in the price which appears to make a difference whether to cruise on that Line again -- That's fine --- but, I have never considered parking as a factor in selecting a Cruise Line ---- the size of the shrimps, the filet mignon , the service, the ambiance , and , and, -- decides our choice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nurse.Laura said:

Your experience on CArnival is what a cruise on all their ships are like (The singing/dancing waiters is fleetwide). That's why when I sail Carnival, and I do, I NEVER spend any time by the main pool deck and always gravitate to the adults only Serenity Area.

I have always said that it's pretty remarkable the response Carnival get for their pooldeck parties; no other cruiseline gets that kind of response, for better or worse. 

Having said all that so far this year I have two cruises booked on Celebrity but five cruises booked on Carnival; a b2b on the Mardi Gras and a b2b2b on the Pride-31 days on an old and gaudy ship but not one repeated port all over Europe. 

• Thanks 1