TESTING ANXIETY

Lorey2007

23 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

I called and spoke to the pharmacist the red dot says results in less than 24 hrs . We need the rapid results less than a hour, the light blue dot, Trenton doesn't have that. We are flying out the next morning I want to have results before I get on a plane.    

We did ID Now at Walgreens; our results sere back in less than an hour.  I know it says less than 24 hours, but typically it is way, way less than 24 hours.  Down here we cannot make Walgreens test reservations until 7 days out, so for most time options, I’ll go on line as soon as they open.

Doing the emed tests does not take much tech knowledge.  You could watch the you tube video; it might make you feel better.  Also, you could order a 6 pack from emed.com even if there are only two of you.  When they arrive, go ahead and do one with a proctor with your other half watching/helping…. that way you will know how it works before the actual testing day.  Plus you’ll still have five tests left in case anything goes wrong…or if you or a loved one needs a test another time.  If the emed idea still freaks you out, consider asking a friend or relative or neighbor you consider mildly tech savvy to help.

23 hours ago, brillohead said:

The picture you provided is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE.  You're stressing about this WAY too much.  

Royal doesn't accept HANDWRITTEN DOCTOR NOTES because any old person could have written them.  But a typed page on office letterhead that lists the patient's name and DOB, the date/time the test/specimen was taken, the name/address of the medical professional or lab doing the testing, and the result of the test -- that would be accepted.  

I agree.  We got tested at an urgent care center and were given a typed and signed note similar to what you pictured.  It was fine.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

I agree.  We got tested at an urgent care center and were given a typed and signed note similar to what you pictured.  It was fine.

Thank you I'm going to try for the CVS appt if I can't get one we'll go to that urgent care and I may just order some tests just on case.

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

We did ID Now at Walgreens; our results sere back in less than an hour.  I know it says less than 24 hours, but typically it is way, way less than 24 hours.  Down here we cannot make Walgreens test reservations until 7 days out, so for most time options, I’ll go on line as soon as they open.

Doing the emed tests does not take much tech knowledge.  You could watch the you tube video; it might make you feel better.  Also, you could order a 6 pack from emed.com even if there are only two of you.  When they arrive, go ahead and do one with a proctor with your other half watching/helping…. that way you will know how it works before the actual testing day.  Plus you’ll still have five tests left in case anything goes wrong…or if you or a loved one needs a test another time.  If the emed idea still freaks you out, consider asking a friend or relative or neighbor you consider mildly tech savvy to help.

I don't want to be on a plane and get a email one of us is positive. Don't think I could sit in that bathroom for 4 hours.🤣

I will try to get the CVS appt if not then the urgent care & I think I will order some tests for a backup. I have watched the Youtube videos.

Edited by Lorey2007

I would schedule them as far out as you possibly can.  My mom and I work in healthcare and heard from an Infection Preventionist in our area that the earliest they've been getting test results back is 64 hours from the time it was taken.

I'm testing this weekend as a precautionary measure and the earliest I could even get an appointment was 2 days from now, a few towns away from me.

1 hour ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

My mom and I work in healthcare and heard from an Infection Preventionist in our area that the earliest they've been getting test results back is 64 hours from the time it was taken.

That will vary widely from one lab to another.  

Remember that the majority of airports have onsite testing. I walked off my flight into Ft Lauderdale and 15 minutes later I had my Rapid Antigen test complete and results in hand for my cruise the next day. It cost $59 and is a great back up for those that can’t get a free test at Walgreens or CVS.

• Like 3