Quiet Roll Calls and sparse bookings ?

Mrs Miggins

On 1/14/2022 at 10:43 AM, Mackdogmolly said:

We have booked our flights for our Lisbon-Copenhagen cruise on 6/19. So excited! Fingers crossed! 🤞

I'm looking at that cruise too.  And the one from Lisbon to Stockholm on June 7th.  Sadly I don't think I will keep the suite I have paid for for next Sunday out of Miami.  Just too many things that could go wrong.  And not just with Azamara.  Many flights there are being cancelled.  I've had 2 cancelled and rebooked already and its still a week away.  Plus the tests I need to go are now in short supply.  Sucks to be me.

2 hours ago, Rotenmutts said:

I'm looking at that cruise too.  And the one from Lisbon to Stockholm on June 7th.  Sadly I don't think I will keep the suite I have paid for for next Sunday out of Miami.  Just too many things that could go wrong.  And not just with Azamara.  Many flights there are being cancelled.  I've had 2 cancelled and rebooked already and its still a week away.  Plus the tests I need to go are now in short supply.  Sucks to be me.

I’m sorry!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

What tests do you need in order to go?

You need the rapid antigen test to fly out of the US and enter Europe. Azamara will retest you dockside before you are allowed onto the ship. And they will also test you onboard, rapid Antigen or PCR as required by your home country to re-enter the US or Canada. There is no charge for the on board testing. If you will not be returning home within 24 hours, you are on your own to find a test site in Europe (or elsewhere) to get your papers. It sounds a bit ominous getting home, but I did a mileage run to Italy 3 weeks ago. There was a pharmacy across the street from out hotel doing rapid testing on Sunday following Christmas. Got on line, an hour later we were off and running kosher certification in our hands. Have a good time! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, uktog said:

There are NO test requirements for fully vaccinated people to enter the UK or Spain  (and probably other parts of Europe I’m only citing two I know for certain)

However currently you do need a test before day 2 upon arrival in UK.

1 hour ago, Dr H said:

You need the rapid antigen test to fly out of the US and enter Europe. Azamara will retest you dockside before you are allowed onto the ship. And they will also test you onboard, rapid Antigen or PCR as required by your home country to re-enter the US or Canada. There is no charge for the on board testing. If you will not be returning home within 24 hours, you are on your own to find a test site in Europe (or elsewhere) to get your papers. It sounds a bit ominous getting home, but I did a mileage run to Italy 3 weeks ago. There was a pharmacy across the street from out hotel doing rapid testing on Sunday following Christmas. Got on line, an hour later we were off and running kosher certification in our hands. Have a good time! 

Thanks, but I'm boarding in Miami and going nowhere near Europe.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

However currently you do need a test before day 2 upon arrival in UK.

Yes. I was talking about the entry rules. You only need the code for your planned day 2 test to enter. No need to test in the USA to be admitted 

If the papers are to be believed the day 2 tests will be dropped soon

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2

I'm booked on the February 26 Journey cruise from the Canaries to Barcelona and really can't wait.  I am spending 2 days before in Las Plamas for two reasons.  First, it extends my vacation - but it also gives me a couple days leeway in case of flight issues.   I already have tests scheduled for us before the flight to Las Palmas.  We are flying from Newark through Zurich to get there.   We just figured it was easier to get tested in case the rules change... again!   I am also bringing a few rapid tests with me, simply out of an abundance of caution.

I have my schedule cleared work-wise for two weeks before where I really don't have to see anyone in person except maybe at the post office.  I may just get all my food delivered so no one comes near who might infect me.   NOTHING is going to keep me from going on my first real vacation in over 2 years

• Like 6

Roten, exactly. I was about to write that you don't need a test for Miami, but as a Canadian, yep, Homeland security will treat you like a leper if you want to come down here. It's conceivable that your test will also be valid for Azamara, but regardless, if they do insist on testing you, you won't be charged. And SFCSU, we hear you loud and clearly. We both had that exact same feeling back in October prior to heading out on Azamara. One of our weird experiences on that trip, we were sailing out of Rome on the Italian Intensive. I like an over educated idiot assumed the rapid antigen test was not sufficient, so I booked the longer PCR test, and spent the day before travel freaking out because results were taking so long. Anyway, we flew to Rome on AirFrance through Paris. Delta wanted to see our vaccination cards and EU locator form before they would let us on the plane. The French authorities wanted to see passports and vaccination records, but not the covid test because we were in transit. We got to Italy, the Italians didn't even look at passports or EU locator or vaccination records since we arrived on a "domestic" flight from Paris. To make the long story short, we tested negative back home, had no trouble getting into Europe, never got sick, cleared US customs in St Thomas VI because Bermuda shut us out, and customs wasn't in the least bit interested that I 5 bottles of alcohol to declare. As my father used to say, "Illegitimus non carborundum" (Don't let the bastards wear you down.)

• Like 3