New sailing program - but what about testing??

DaveOKC

I see that the CDC is lifting their current sail program that is due to expire Jan 15 and have a new conditional one.  My question is - will the current 48 hour testing still be in place with the new program?  

I suspect the current protocols in place - vaccination, testing, and masking will be around for awhile. I wish cruise lines would go back to the 3 day requirement for testing rather than 2 days so could use the PCR test which is more accurate but takes a couple of days to get results;

• Like 3

The "new" feature is that the program will be voluntary, instead of required. So, there is not a "new conditional order".

Whether cruise lines will comply voluntarily is to be determined. The several other posts on the topic frequently mention that current ship's inspection program (I don't remember the exact name of the program) is also voluntary, but cruise lines comply. Its essentially an "industry standard", which failure to meet tends to increase your liability should something go wrong.