Harmony of the Sea week of 1/16

38 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

I think it’s Tony from La Lido Loca

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LTAnSWeyRJs&feature=share

I enjoy his content. Some on here might find him a but too upbeat, lol. I think he is good at not getting swept away by drama and hysteria like some other people. Funny videos for sure. Nice to watch in the evening after work for a good laugh. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, blueslily said:

I enjoy his content. Some on here might find him a but too upbeat, lol. I think he is good at not getting swept away by drama and hysteria like some other people. Funny videos for sure. Nice to watch in the evening after work for a good laugh. 

I like him, he is upbeat but when it comes to giving cruise news he is a straight shooter. I watch him daily.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, island lady said:

On our 1/2 Harmony...600 no shows...we got our "do it yourself" upgrade, moving into a GS, finding all the paperwork, shore excursions tickets, etc. for one of the no shows.  Brought it all to GS desk.  

We had canceled our 1/9 cruise a week before sailing, yet we continued to get, on the app, daily cruise messages, updates, and even a request to evaluate the cruise at the end. We contacted Royal and they said that there were so many cancellations for their cruises, and limited staff,  that they did not have time to get word  yet to the affected areas, and apologized for the mail confusion.  If the cancels had not made it through to the ships, it would also explain some of what was considered "no shows".   

• Like 3

18 hours ago, blueslily said:

17 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

I like him, he is upbeat but when it comes to giving cruise news he is a straight shooter. I watch him daily.

I agree with the above posts.  He tells it like it is and is not a specific cruise line cheerleader.

• Like 2

I am glad I mentioned You Tube guy but was unsure if I could mention his name.

He has done a lot of videos and his wife is a TA.

Check out some of his from Alaska last year with Don Fam Vacations guy.  Now I think he facial expressions might be a turnoff, but he is rather mellow and correct on a lot of things.  Do not over looke Don's Family Vacations.  He is calm and interesting from Ottawa.

Glad to hear St Thomas is back on.  NICE.............

1 hour ago, happycruzers said:

Is this cruise a little more casual with dress code?  It seems to me less folks are dressing up on

formal nights..Is this so??

Tonight is listed as formal night which I thought was interesting as lately I’ve seen Dress Your Best mostly instead. 
I’m dressing nice but not formal. 

On 1/20/2022 at 9:29 AM, happycruzers said:

Following this thread with much anticipation. I am on this cruise January 30th sailing.  

Have you stopped in St Thomas today?

I'm debating adding that sailing as well. I check the price daily. Sounds like this is a good cruise on Harmony this week minus just a few adjustments. So far, none of them are biggies for me. Well, one is a moderate disappointment, but nothing that will kill me, lol. 😆

14 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Tonight is listed as formal night which I thought was interesting as lately I’ve seen Dress Your Best mostly instead. 
I’m dressing nice but not formal. 

I only realized it was formal night when I saw a guy wearing a sports coat and knee ripped jeans.🤪

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sworn to fun said:

Did anyone  go to the diving show and how was it? Was always our favorite show on that class of ships.  Thank you 😊 

Exhibition of divers. Short but interesting. Guy on high wire looked like he might stumble any sec, added a bit of thrill .