EZ Air and United Premium Economy

sboh

Trying to book a domestic (CLE-LAX) flight on United thru Princess but when I select premium economy the seat choices are in regular economy with msg to call airline directly for seats. Huh? Should I continue with booking at premium economy price and if so when/how do I actually get premium economy seat? Or do I just book economy with Princes EZ Air then call United and pay them for an upgrade? Is there a chance I’ll be stuck in economy? It’s a long flight and I really can’t sit in economy anymore (I don’t like the feeling of the seat in front of me in my face).

United will not allow you to book premium economy directly. You have to 1st book economy. Then once the ticket is issued and paid then you can upgrade. With EZ Air the ticket doesn't get paid for until you are inside the 45 days, unless you specifically ask Princess to pay for the ticket and you will be charged at that time. Insude 45 days all the premium seats are gone. If you have a United credit card with free luggage the free luggage benefit is not accepted when using EZ Air. We used United and booked direct with the airline.

What's the route and plane (or it is direct)? I thought United only offers Premium Economy for transcon widebodies? All other would be just economy plus. If it's a direct flight, United flies 737 and there's no premium economy. Book Business/First if you need wider seats and leg room.

5 hours ago, skynight said:

If you have a United credit card with free luggage the free luggage benefit is not accepted when using EZ Air. We used United and booked direct with the airline.

We have both a United card and status (gold) so I don't know which (or maybe both) to thank for the fact that we've never had an issue upgrading to premium economy the same day we made the EZ-Air reservation.  We have always gotten our free luggage benefit too.

OOPs - just got confused with the new (having not flown in 2 years) premium economy class.  I was referring to economy plus!

Edited by capriccio

12 hours ago, capriccio said:

We have both a United card and status (gold) so I don't know which (or maybe both) to thank for the fact that we've never had an issue upgrading to premium economy the same day we made the EZ-Air reservation.  We have always gotten our free luggage benefit too.

OOPs - just got confused with the new (having not flown in 2 years) premium economy class.  I was referring to economy plus!

We did receive the United credit card luggage benefit for EZ air bookings in 2019. But by January 2020 it had been eliminated for 3rd party consolidators like EZ air. We had to pay the fee. You had to book direct with United and pay with the credit card to receive the benefit. United may have a different policy today.

11 minutes ago, skynight said:

We did receive the United credit card luggage benefit for EZ air bookings in 2019. But by January 2020 it had been eliminated for 3rd party consolidators like EZ air. We had to pay the fee. You had to book direct with United and pay with the credit card to receive the benefit. United may have a different policy today.

Thanks that's good to know.  In the past we've gotten free luggage including an extra suitcase each.

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

Thanks that's good to know.  In the past we've gotten free luggage including an extra suitcase each.

United changed the terms of their credit card in the last few years.  You now have to pay with the credit card in order to get free luggage.  It used to be if the credit card was part of your FF profile you got free luggage.

29 minutes ago, franktown said:

United changed the terms of their credit card in the last few years.  You now have to pay with the credit card in order to get free luggage.  It used to be if the credit card was part of your FF profile you got free luggage.

Not only pay with the cc, but only for direct bookings with  United.