Free diamond drinks

Bjbilly

7 hours ago, flamingos said:

This is what hung us up - we did this once and while the free drink was on our account immediately, it was late the next day before the gratuity showed up as a separate charge. 

The the drink is added to your account when card Is swiped the paper receipt has to be add manually done at the end of their shift or before the start there next shift when the terminal is free .

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 3:25 PM, Jasukkie said:

I get the feeling a lot of Diamonds are not tipping on these drinks. Bartenders seem surprised when I do. I wish they would put out a tip jar. I guess people could say it's included in your daily gratuity charge??

I would assume that even with free drinks from drink packages and free Diamond drinks, the majority of the drinks going across every bar need to be paid for when ordered. Those drinks have an 18% gratuity added to the bill. I bet people already paying an 18% gratuity would be offended to see a tip jar on the bar, in effect asking for a larger tip.

Is there any problem with using one of your "Diamond coupons" to obtain a drink for a friend?

I wouldn't think so, but just thought I'd ask.  I know you can't share when using an unlimited drink package (and understandably so), but this is a different case.

Just now, DENBET30 said:

I wasn't aware that you could use drink vouchers for specialty coffees. Accepting that this does not include Starbucks, where else do you get specialty coffees ?   

Cage Latitudes, Cafe Promenade, (whatever it may be called on a specific ship) or even at any dining venue.   

M

47 minutes ago, DENBET30 said:

I wasn't aware that you could use drink vouchers for specialty coffees.

Think of the perk as a 4,5, or 6 (depending on your C&A level) drink package which excludes the Bionic Bar. The drink package doesn’t work at Starbucks either. 

6 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I would assume that even with free drinks from drink packages and free Diamond drinks, the majority of the drinks going across every bar need to be paid for when ordered. Those drinks have an 18% gratuity added to the bill. I bet people already paying an 18% gratuity would be offended to see a tip jar on the bar, in effect asking for a larger tip.

The only time I've been handed a slip was for a $14 drink. One dollar to Royal, 18 cents gratuity to the crew. I don't know the percentage of diamond or higher passengers on a given sailing but I would assume it's a fairly high number. I can't help but hear people say to use their diamond drinks. Perhaps they catch up to the staff another time. Personally, I wouldn't mind being handed a slip for the $2.34 gratuity on a $13 drink but I know that wouldn't be popular.

11 hours ago, OddHack said:

Is there any problem with using one of your "Diamond coupons" to obtain a drink for a friend?

I wouldn't think so, but just thought I'd ask.  I know you can't share when using an unlimited drink package (and understandably so), but this is a different case.

Thank you I will be A Friend 😇