Changes on Jan 19 Hawaii Cruise on Grand

smbt1

DW & I came off the Grand January 4-19 Hawaii cruise.  So far we feel OK.  There were Covid cases on board but Princess handled it well.  Can I ask someone currently on board if they could find out how many cases were there on that earlier cruise?

I am on the Ruby now.  There is nightly entertainment in all the venues.  The big change are the masks.  Passengers are amazingly compliant.  It seems to me that Princess is evolving with it’s restrictions and that we are safer on here than the first Hawaii on the Grand.  I’m not aware that there are any cases on here, but I will try to ask.  It’s been a great cruise so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I am on the Ruby now.  There is nightly entertainment in all the venues.  The big change are the masks.  Passengers are amazingly compliant.  It seems to me that Princess is evolving with it’s restrictions and that we are safer on here than the first Hawaii on the Grand.  I’m not aware that there are any cases on here, but I will try to ask.  It’s been a great cruise so far.

Agreed. Mask compliance so excellent on the Ruby. Almost unbelievable…

Edited by ProfMHC
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Any bar?

They were closed last night. They seem to have reopened bar service this evening.

Since they tested some today, and will not complete testing until tomorrow I would not think they would open tonight if that was the main factor.

Since others commented that they reduced bar service during the last part of the last cruise, maybe they have gotten more staff out of quarantine.

Edited by smbt1
  • Like 1

CD just stated that zumba, line dancing and the other dance classes will be back starting tomorrow.

Apparently the charges are due to the test results.

First production show also tomorrow night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DW & I came off the Grand January 4-19 Hawaii cruise.  So far we feel OK.  There were Covid cases on board but Princess handled it well.  Can I ask someone currently on board if they could find out how many cases were there on that earlier cruise?

31 minutes ago, shipsealand said:

That info is not being discussed.

• Like 1

There is one thing that is occurring on the Grand, that if I had known about in advance I would not have booked the cruise. They seem to be shutting down half of the pools and jetted tubes. For example today at Kuaua one of the indoor tubs is covered along with the indoor pool, the other tub that is not covered is not working well. At the outdoor pool one is open the other is covered. So basically at a time when they want people to distance, you pretty much have to crowd into the one working one.

Customer service is unable to give a reason other than saying maintenance, so it is not a covid protocol issue.

• Thanks 1