Changes on Jan 19 Hawaii Cruise on Grand

smbt1

13 hours ago, san diego sue said:

When I was on for the New Years cruise on the Grand, someone walked around telling people to put their masks on. I told the guy you need to tell them to cover their noses. A row in back of us, the older ladies all had their noses peaking out. We left the theatre because there was a definite lack of compliance. They come in with drinks and just leave the masks off.

I tested positive for Covid on Monday and missed the current Hawaii cruise.We are so careful and are always masked with KN95. May have gotten it on the ship but we will never know.Don't know if this is the beginning or the end of my infection.I am isolating right now.

I hear you....we too were supposed to be on this cruise and instead I  am isolating at home after testing positive.   So careful,  but got it somehow. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, san diego sue said:

I was really surprised on the New Years cruise on the Grand, that the bars had stools and were crowded with people all unmasked . Crooners was so crowded from mid afternoon till the wee hours.When we were on the Majestic in Oct-Nov, they had removed all bar stools at all bars. You ordered your drink and walked away with it.We would leave our masks on until we found an isolated area to sit and  then we drank our drink.

I think we were on the same cruise....Mexico  and coastal.

13 hours ago, smbt1 said:

You cannot order from the bars directly. The bars all have closed signs, including the international cafe. You have to order from wait staff or use app.

I must admit not what I expected  after following the last cruise.

Do the  bars are still having entertainment, for instance in Crooners? It was so nice over Christmas cruising, but we could dance (masked inside) and listen to music indoors while having drinks. I really enjoy listening to music on our cruises.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, san diego sue said:

When I was on for the New Years cruise on the Grand, someone walked around telling people to put their masks on. I told the guy you need to tell them to cover their noses. A row in back of us, the older ladies all had their noses peaking out. We left the theatre because there was a definite lack of compliance. They come in with drinks and just leave the masks off.

I tested positive for Covid on Monday and missed the current Hawaii cruise.We are so careful and are always masked with KN95. May have gotten it on the ship but we will never know.Don't know if this is the beginning or the end of my infection.I am isolating right now.

They really need to tell people how to wear a mask and then enforce it.

I hope you have a mild case.  Get well soon!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, back to the islands said:

Do the  bars are still having entertainment, for instance in Crooners? It was so nice over Christmas cruising, but we could dance (masked inside) and listen to music indoors while having drinks. I really enjoy listening to music on our cruises.

They have had various activities in the venues.  Music in Wheelhouse, Explorers, and the Piazza.  Biggest changes has been spacing and not being able to order directly at bar.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, smbt1 said:

Masking is sip and cover in lounges.

I am not sure how "sip and cover" fits in with CDC recommendations on removing and putting on masks.

The CDC recommended limiting the number of times a mask is removed and put back on to five.

Any time you put on or remove a mask, the CDC says you should wash your hands immediately. Only handle masks by the ear loops or ties and do not touch the mask while wearing it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, caribill said:
I am not sure how "sip and cover" fits in with CDC recommendations on removing and putting on masks.

The CDC recommended limiting the number of times a mask is removed and put back on to five.

Any time you put on or remove a mask, the CDC says you should wash your hands immediately. Only handle masks by the ear loops or ties and do not touch the mask while wearing it.

@caribillthank you for sharing this.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Considering that the cruise lines protocols were reviewed and accepted by cdc probably pretty well.

Also consider that with sip and cover you take of one ear strap, sip and replace the strap, not fully unmasking, compared to fully unmasking when drinking. 

10 hours ago, smbt1 said:

Biggest changes has been spacing and not being able to order directly at bar.

do you, or anyone else either on this ship or any other, know if the ability to order at the bar is specific to the GRAND or fleetwide among all Princess ships ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Travelinbears, I hope your Covid is mild too. I really don't feel sick. I had been having Allergy problems, so if Covid occured, thought it was the same problem I have had all along. I was so shocked when the positive test happened. My husband is negative.

A friend of mine had cold symptoms and tested positive.  Her husband tested negative like yours.  I don’t get it. 

@travelingbearsI hope your symptoms are mild.  Get well soon.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Travelinbears, I hope your Covid is mild too. I really don't feel sick. I had been having Allergy problems, so if Covid occured, thought it was the same problem I have had all along. I was so shocked when the positive test happened. My husband is negative.

Same here....like a slight cold.  I was surprised also.  Husband was negative. 

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

do you, or anyone else either on this ship or any other, know if the ability to order at the bar is specific to the GRAND or fleetwide among all Princess ships ?

I think that the changes on Grand are more due to the 15 day cruise length and that it is a cruise to Hawaii.

I was hoping that someone from the Ruby would post and say if they were doing the same on their cruise to Hawaii

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just finished our on board test. Have another 10 minutes to wait.

The test is the same type as the eMed.  The Abbott lateral flow.  Basically it is self test observed by Steward, dressed in full protective gear.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, khaleesi921 said:

Can anyone update us on the laundromat situation for this voyage? I know the Jan 4th sailing they allowed you in and even provided the tokens for free, but I'm curious if they changed that too for this voyage. TIA 

The laundry rooms are open. The one I checked had a working machine for issuing tokens using your medallion. No free tokens.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smbt1 said:

I think that the changes on Grand are more due to the 15 day cruise length and that it is a cruise to Hawaii.

I was hoping that someone from the Ruby would post and say if they were doing the same on their cruise to Hawaii

Look for a "live from" for the Ruby and ask the question there.

10 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Try asking your question on the main board...more eyes to see it.👀👁️

Actually since I am already on my cruise the info doesn't really impact any of my decisions. But I thought that others looking at Hawaii cruises might be interested. Which is why I was posting about the Grand.

If so they can ask on the main board.

Edited by smbt1

Seems like Hawaiian cruises have extra precautions/testing, due to the numbrr of positive cases on the January 4 Grand cruise.  We have no problem with additional testing as it helps keep everyone safe.  Only a few on board we have encountered have expressed their objections, and it is clear they are of the belief that there is no covid issue.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2022 at 9:58 AM, san diego sue said:

I am so sorry! I hope you have a mild case.

• Like 1

We are also currently on the Grand.  One thing that surprised me was that Princess made us reschedule our CC Meet and Greet until after our onboard test in preparation for Honolulu.  It seems like all of the extra precautions are about reporting a clean bill of health to Hawaii before our arrival.  Now that we have been tested (for the third time) we are allowed to hold our Meet and Greet.  I have a feeling restrictions will lighten slightly after we leave Hawaii.  Maybe they’ll even break out the bar stools again.  Despite all of the restrictions, we are having a great time.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, smbt1 said:

They have had various activities in the venues.  Music in Wheelhouse, Explorers, and the Piazza.  Biggest changes has been spacing and not being able to order directly at bar.

Any bar?

2 minutes ago, CruisingJs said:

We are also currently on the Grand.  One thing that surprised me was that Princess made us reschedule our CC Meet and Greet until after our onboard test in preparation for Honolulu.  It seems like all of the extra precautions are about reporting a clean bill of health to Hawaii before our arrival.  Now that we have been tested (for the third time) we are allowed to hold our Meet and Greet.  I have a feeling restrictions will lighten slightly after we leave Hawaii.  Maybe they’ll even break out the bar stools again.  Despite all of the restrictions, we are having a great time.

Glad you are having a great time! I hope the rest of the cruise is uneventful (and great).

• Like 1