World Cafe hours

crimmj

I have seen the hours for the World Cafe posted as breakfast (6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.), lunch (11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.) and dinner (6 p.m. to 9 p.m.). If a person wanted food earlier in the afternoon -  Is any food available in the WC before 6 PM?  Or elsewhere?

14 minutes ago, crimmj said:

I have seen the hours for the World Cafe posted as breakfast (6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.), lunch (11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.) and dinner (6 p.m. to 9 p.m.). If a person wanted food earlier in the afternoon -  Is any food available in the WC before 6 PM?  Or elsewhere?

Wintergarden (English style afternoon tea) is open from 4pm to 5pm.

Mamsen's (desserts, waffle) is open from 4pm to 5pm.

• Like 1

There is also 2 hour room service where hot food come hot and cold items cold. All very good. We will often order room service breakfast including omlette when we have an early shore excursions.

The fruit and cheese platter are very good and the French Onion Soup is always great.

There will also the Cafe on deck 1 and the pool grill. If we order from the pool grill we always split the burger or "hot" dog.

Living Room bar always has edibles.  Continental breakfast Danish and croissants in the morning.  Open-faced sandwiches and cookies thereafter.  Also complimentary room service 24/7. 

Note: WC hours not set in stone and can differ from day to day.  

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, crimmj said:

We have found that hours can indeed vary depending on the cruise.  We've had the World Cafe open for dinner, for example, at 5:30 on a couple cruises, but mostly 6:00.  

Breakfast can also vary quite a bit Post Covid - depends on a number of factors - if coming to a port with early excursions for example, when it might open at 6:00 or if a sea day, when it might not open until 6:30 or even 7:00 sometimes.  They also may open just 1 side only or open 1 side first and then an hour later open the other side (again due to post COVID lower number of passengers).

Same things for lunch.  Often it opened at 12 noon but sometimes at 11:30 AM.

Wintergarden tea on last cruise (Dec) extended open times 3:00 to 5:00 in order to have more social distancing.  It had been for us 4:00-5:00 pre-COVID.

However - all current eating hours, which as stated, can vary day to day on any cruise, are posted in the Viking Daily - so no need to worry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Wintergarden tea on last cruise (Dec) extended open times 3:00 to 5:00 in order to have more social distancing.  It had been for us 4:00-5:00 pre-COVID.

The WIntergarden open times didn't get extended in the 12/23/21 WIE sailing.  I wish they did.  The staff had to set us up at Mamsen's twice because we couldn't find any available table.  We never had trouble finding available table at Wintergarden in our previous two pre-Covid cruises.  With about 700 guests, the ship did feel crowded during most afternoons.  

2 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

After reading this thread I agree with you all.  Funny though, I never once gave a thought to being hungry on board....🍸

It's the opposite for us.  We had to pace ourselves.  If we planned to have afternoon tea or waffles at Mamsen's, we would have a lighter lunch and later dinner.  There's only that much room in my stomach.  

• Like 4

Corrections:  It's 24 hour room service. Orders have always been correct and quickly brought to the room.

If you request Breakfast room service for 6:15 am it will be there at 6:15 or you may receive a call if room service is coming a little earlier.

Room Service food has always been very good.

• Like 1

I think on our last cruise we had a couple excursions that came back well after WC closed and the Pool Grill was open later, despite the hours listed.  I want to say there were some days it was open until 5.  On those days, we just had a very late lunch/early dinner and didn’t eat another meal.

• Like 1