New Cruise Detail Page on RSSC.com

Mike Moore

Greetings Cruise Critic Community -

For those of you that I have not had the pleasure of interacting with yet, I oversee the website for Regent Seven Seas Cruises and we've just launched a new version of our Cruise Detail Page that features the itinerary, shore excursions, pricing, availability, etc. 

The new experience is currently limited to a very small percentage of our total audience while we monitor performance and work on a few bugs and improvements, but I'd like to provide you all with the opportunity to see it for yourselves. If you use the link below to visit our site and navigate to a specific page, you'll see the new version, and I welcome any and all feedback!

www.rssc.com/?ak_cdp_redesign=true

• Thanks 2

Thanks Mike for this opportunity.  I took a quick look and think it will be good once I get use to the new format. I forsee a number of questions/comments/complaints from those of us that are only semi-computer literate but once we figure it out i think it will work well. 

8 minutes ago, barryboatman said:

So we don't get to see specific pricing and availability, e.g. Penthouse A B and C? Or is it that there's only one category of Penthouse now?

If you click the View Details next to each meta category, it will expand the visible subcategories, at which point you can click the A B C next to CATEGORY on the left side:

image.thumb.png.3c36d7e60d9aec223ee74a7eef187b96.png

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. As always, there's a balancing act between too much information on the page versus too many clicks to get to the information that you are looking for, so we'll be sure to monitor. 

Thank you @macbest - when a page is taking a long time to load, in the very bottom left corner of your browser window, do you see a message that says "waiting for..."?

@Bellaggio Cruisers - when you say you could not open it, can you describe a bit more exactly what is happening and at what point? 

Mike, I like the new look.  One minor suggestion.  When selecting View Details, it would be nice to see in that page the cost of different suites in that category.  Eg. Pricing for each of Penthouse A, B, C instead of Pricing From.   I know real estate is precious but I think that would be helpful.  

I hope the next area that you focus on is the list of available suites.   Frankly I go to other TA web sites to see Regent’s suite availability quickly and easily.  The Plan my cruise section has become a bit worse lately, in my opinion.  

thanks.  I know it is impossible to please everyone!   

42 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Not seeing the new version using the link provided. Is this because we are in the UK?

That shouldn't be causing you to not see it, no. Can you try with a private/incognito browser session, as your cookie settings/history might be the issue.

34 minutes ago, golfgirls said:

Mike, I like the new look.  One minor suggestion.  When selecting View Details, it would be nice to see in that page the cost of different suites in that category.  Eg. Pricing for each of Penthouse A, B, C instead of Pricing From.   I know real estate is precious but I think that would be helpful.  

I hope the next area that you focus on is the list of available suites.   Frankly I go to other TA web sites to see Regent’s suite availability quickly and easily.  The Plan my cruise section has become a bit worse lately, in my opinion.  

thanks.  I know it is impossible to please everyone!   

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, real estate is definitely at a premium. Next up will be the My Account area, with improvements to the reservation of shore excursions and dining reservations, then we'll proceed to the booking engine where the available suites are. 

4 minutes ago, tripperva said:

Why make the changes ?  It was good before.

Change for the sake of change ?

The old page is built on a platform that is quite outdated and often cumbersome to keep up, so we needed to rebuild it. The hope is that we've made the information easier to find and the experience more engaging. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Oh2Bcruisin said:

Trying to view the page on Safari on my iPad. When I select a cruise and go to the details page I end up seeing the old version. Suggestions?

I'm having a similar experience with Safari, so we're looking at it.

2 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I must be missing something because I see no change.  I click on a random cruise, and everything looks the same.  I'm in the States, on Chrome, on Windows.

If you still have the same issue in private browsing mode or after your clearing your cache, I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions. We are looking into the issue with Safari so if we find something I'll be sure to update this thread.

4 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

I tried copy and paste with the link. I get to regular Regent web site….

Just to be clear, the home page and all of the other pages are the same. It's just when you are looking at a page for a specific cruise that you should see the new experience when you start from https://www.rssc.com/?ak_cdp_redesign=true

I primarily use Safari and had no trouble displaying the new cruise detail page.  It looks good so far even though there are a few more steps to get to the information. I don't see that as being a big deal--I'll get used to it soon enough.

Are there additional tweaks you're planning on making?

6 minutes ago, Damaris1900 said:

I primarily use Safari and had no trouble displaying the new cruise detail page.  It looks good so far even though there are a few more steps to get to the information. I don't see that as being a big deal--I'll get used to it soon enough.

Are there additional tweaks you're planning on making?

Thank you for the feedback. While there is some information that takes an extra click to get to, such as pricing and availability for a specific sub category, other information, such as the special offers, now don't require any clicks where they used to require one - so we tried to balance out and come to a happy medium.

We do have additional enhancements planned and some formatting improvements, but this is a fairly "finished" product.

8 minutes ago, Oh2Bcruisin said:

Mike, I was able to get to your design using private mode on Safari. Wonder if there is some persistence feature that Safari uses to speed things up. 

I'm sure there is, as this "work around" to force the new experience and how we're controlling the percentage of traffic that is seeing it by default is cookie-dependent. Given there are so many different cookie setting, differences in how browsers handle cookies by default, etc. it isn't surprising that some of you are having a challenge. I would *think* using private mode and/or clearing your cache should work, so glad you were able to use the former to access it.

When you use the compare suite function, it would be nice to see the perks line up and have the added amenities at the bottom of the list as they increase with each level.  Much easier to see what the differences are.

• Like 1