New Cruise Detail Page on RSSC.com

Mike Moore

Mike,

We had a bit of a browse and felt it looked better than the somewhat clunky earlier version.  And if Plan B includes improvements in booking excursions - we just had to book the WC 2023 which was akin to teeth extraction - we'll be truly delighted.

Thanks for the opportunity to comment. 🙂

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

Great to have you here to take feedback since the web is now the main way to find cruises. I very much like the way the R website allows me to filter cruises. Also that all the criteria are in the URL so I can bookmark it 

The list shows the Availability. I would suggest that "Available" be formatted to standout more from the others. Maybe make it bold, or larger, or another color e.g. AVAILABLE. Or make "Wait Listed" mixed case. Maybe have a checkbox to show Available only.

The reason I ask is I seem to be interested in cruises that are almost 100% Wait Listed. I check them everyday scanning for "Available". Trying to find one in 15 rows of "Wait Listed" is tedious when they are all the same font style.

The new format does help me in that I can see availability of all D/E and PH in 2 rows instead of 5 rows.

I was booked in an F and was told by my TA that I was first on an RSSC wait list for a higher category. Twice now in my daily checks I have found the higher E, D, PH category I desired and called my TA and got it. So is the Wait List a myth for already booked passengers? I want to spend $12,000 more and I cannot get a phone call?

Thanks!

Don't know if this is a possibility, but the one addition I would find useful would be to be able to filter the suites available. On Cunard, for example, you can filter QG suites (or any others I imagine). On RSSC, I have to click on the cruise I'm interested in, only to find out that the suite category I am interested in is sold out and it can be a long process just to find a cruise with availability in the suite I want..

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 5:51 PM, Mike Moore said:

Excellent question - thank you for bringing it up. Assuming that the PDF included the tours for ALL of the ports on the cruise, is having it download immedediately preferable to having it sent via email? Or if the only way to receive all of the tours for all of the ports is via e-mail, waiting a few minutes for it is preferable? I welcome any and all thoughts on the subject from the group!

Another vote for creating a way to obtain a full list of excursions for all the ports on a cruise, both previously offered shorex and the full list once shorex are finalized.  Either an immediate download where one could cut and paste the link of the new window that opens or email as currently done would be fine.  We travel with others who live in another state and having access to the full list to share makes it easier to compare and coordinate shorex. 

Given need to book popular cruises long before shorex is finalized an ability to download and share ALL of the previously offered excursions would also be very useful.  On the current site, one can only download (or print) one port at a time and the ability to email all excursions does not work until shorex are finalized.

Thanks again for this effort, Mike, and for sharing here.

• Like 1

Hi Mike

Do you have an email address I could contact you on, we have an IT problem regarding Regent emails and I'm hoping you might be the right person to get it fixed

Thanks

David

@Mike Moore,

Now that the cruise detail pages have gone over to the new version, how do we obtain a pdf of all the excursions available on a cruise.

With the previous version it was easy to have the pdf for all ports on the cruise emailed with just one click.

I cannot seem to find this facility now. All I seem to be able to do is download excursions for each port; a very laborious process for a long cruise.

So, I am sorry to say that at the moment I am only seeing negatives with the new format, not positives.

Yes the new format looks good, but I am not experiencing any improved functionality. 

Edited by flossie009

3 hours ago, Moosemarty said:

I just called Regent and a PDF was immediately emailed to me.

That is good to know, Thank you.

................ but the removal of the on-line facility decreases the functionality of the website and increases the workload of the Regent agents, which seems a retrograde step.

54 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Another comment, the "Back to Search Results" still does not work, at least not for me, on Windows Chrome. Pain.

Works OK for me on Chrome, but only if still on the first cruise chosen. Once I move forward or back using the "previous cruise" or "next cruise" buttons then sadly the original search is lost. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

That is good to know, Thank you.

................ but the removal of the on-line facility decreases the functionality of the website and increases the workload of the Regent agents, which seems a retrograde step.

Works OK for me on Chrome, but only if still on the first cruise chosen. Once I move forward or back using the "previous cruise" or "next cruise" buttons then sadly the original search is lost. 

You might be right, I'll try that...okay, you're right.  I had inadvertently clicked on Previous Cruise first.

I am seeing the new design for the first time today.

I absolutely hate the fact that I am unable to see pricing for each category in one list, and have to click twice to see the prices of suites that I am considering.  If, for example, I want to compare the various levels of Concierge suites with Penthouse suites, I have to click on "view details" of Concierge suites, then click on the letter of the various suites in that category.  Then I have to scroll down to Penthouse suites and do the same.  I can't see everything in one screen.

This makes the decision making process very awkward and difficult.

I cannot fathom the advantage of this new design.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2022 at 11:04 PM, Qld13 said:

Hi Mike

Do you have an email address I could contact you on, we have an IT problem regarding Regent emails and I'm hoping you might be the right person to get it fixed

Thanks

David

Hi David - I'm available at mmoore@rssc.com

23 hours ago, flossie009 said:

@Mike Moore,

Now that the cruise detail pages have gone over to the new version, how do we obtain a pdf of all the excursions available on a cruise.

With the previous version it was easy to have the pdf for all ports on the cruise emailed with just one click.

I cannot seem to find this facility now. All I seem to be able to do is download excursions for each port; a very laborious process for a long cruise.

So, I am sorry to say that at the moment I am only seeing negatives with the new format, not positives.

Yes the new format looks good, but I am not experiencing any improved functionality. 

Good morning @flossie009 - We'll be adding that functionality in the next few weeks. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I must admit I miss the thumbnail map.  I very much appreciate the larger map available, but the little one was very useful too.

Another comment, the "Back to Search Results" still does not work, at least not for me, on Windows Chrome. Pain.

Thank you @Wendy The Wanderer - we'll make sure to take a look at that to see if we can imprvove the experience to save last search results.

Edited by Mike Moore

51 minutes ago, boblerm said:

I am seeing the new design for the first time today.

I absolutely hate the fact that I am unable to see pricing for each category in one list, and have to click twice to see the prices of suites that I am considering.  If, for example, I want to compare the various levels of Concierge suites with Penthouse suites, I have to click on "view details" of Concierge suites, then click on the letter of the various suites in that category.  Then I have to scroll down to Penthouse suites and do the same.  I can't see everything in one screen.

This makes the decision making process very awkward and difficult.

I cannot fathom the advantage of this new design.

Thank you for the feedback @boblerm - we'll do our best to satisfy all of our visitors!

On 1/20/2022 at 8:09 PM, golfgirls said:

I hope the next area that you focus on is the list of available suites.   Frankly I go to other TA web sites to see Regent’s suite availability quickly and easily.

I agree this would be very useful

2 hours ago, boblerm said:

I absolutely hate the fact that I am unable to see pricing for each category in one list, and have to click twice to see the prices of suites that I am considering.

Agreed, this aspect of the new format is definitely not helpful to us customers

Mike, @Mike Moore,

It used to be possible to see in advance which lecturers would be on board. I no longer see those details.

On a similar subject, I am surprised that special events on board are not highlighted. For example the Mariner cruise on Oct 03, 2022 has a number of events and lecturers focussed on PBS & Hollywood. I can find no mention of this on the relevant cruise detail page.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

I agree this would be very useful

Agreed, this aspect of the new format is definitely not helpful to us customers

Mike, @Mike Moore,

It used to be possible to see in advance which lecturers would be on board. I no longer see those details.

On a similar subject, I am surprised that special events on board are not highlighted. For example the Mariner cruise on Oct 03, 2022 has a number of events and lecturers focussed on PBS & Hollywood. I can find no mention of this on the relevant cruise detail page.

Thank you for mentioning that @flossie009 - onboard lecturers and our Spotlight Series will in fact be appearing under the Onboard Activities in the not-too-distant future.

• Thanks 1

First, I would like to offer Mike my sincere thanks for giving us the opportunity to provide feedback about the new design, and especially for providing his email.  It means a lot to know that our concerns are being heard.

That said, I have noticed a few other issues with the new and (not IMHO) improved site.

• If memory serves, (it sometimes does not), in the past, it was easy to see what the credit one would receive for booking your own air.  If that info is there, I am not seeing it now.
  • I seem to recall (same proviso as above), that for cruises that offer free pre or post cruise land packages, it was relatively easy to read about them.  Now, while I do see what land packages are offered, there seems no way of knowing which are the included ones and which are extra add-ons at cost.

Bob

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boblerm said:

First, I would like to offer Mike my sincere thanks for giving us the opportunity to provide feedback about the new design, and especially for providing his email.  It means a lot to know that our concerns are being heard.

That said, I have noticed a few other issues with the new and (not IMHO) improved site.

• If memory serves, (it sometimes does not), in the past, it was easy to see what the credit one would receive for booking your own air.  If that info is there, I am not seeing it now.
  • I seem to recall (same proviso as above), that for cruises that offer free pre or post cruise land packages, it was relatively easy to read about them.  Now, while I do see what land packages are offered, there seems no way of knowing which are the included ones and which are extra add-ons at cost.

Bob

Good morning Bob. The credit will be visible in the next couple of weeks, and the Free Land Programs are displayed under the Special Offers section, as seen below:

image.thumb.png.eab65c2ed1c20625cb4cb0269e3dcddc.png

Yes, thanks Mike for engaging in this exercise.

I would make a general observation of an interface issue that should be addressed while doing this big change.

The whole "back" approach does not work.  If I'm looking at a particular cruise, for example, and click on the Special Officers tab, then click on one of them I am now lost--can't get back to where I was, have to start my search again.  This seems to be a general navigation problem.  Again, I'm talking web interface, not mobile.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Yes, thanks Mike for engaging in this exercise.

I would make a general observation of an interface issue that should be addressed while doing this big change.

The whole "back" approach does not work.  If I'm looking at a particular cruise, for example, and click on the Special Officers tab, then click on one of them I am now lost--can't get back to where I was, have to start my search again.  This seems to be a general navigation problem.  Again, I'm talking web interface, not mobile.

Yes, a bit of a challenge as the "back" button in the browser takes you back to the page you came from, whereas the "back to special offers" button takes you back to all the special offers we currently have availalbe across all cruises. I'll see what we can do to clean that up!

4 minutes ago, Mike Moore said:

Yes, a bit of a challenge as the "back" button in the browser takes you back to the page you came from, whereas the "back to special offers" button takes you back to all the special offers we currently have availalbe across all cruises. I'll see what we can do to clean that up!

Thanks.  I'm only talking about links on the page itself, not the browser back button.  "Previous Search Results" I guess.  Thanks, yes, I admit it must be a bit of a can of worms.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 1/31/2022 at 1:26 PM, boblerm said:

I see that the website pricing has now reverted to a full list without having to click on "view details".

Thank you @Mike Moore for noting and acting on the feedback from various guests  🙂 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1