What to do with unused cabin

MOteacher

Booked 7 day spring break crise in March.  Three cabins.  Put husband and oldest son in one cabin for Cheers package.  Daughter, me and and two grandgirls in other two cabins.  Husband and son decided they are not interested in going.  Not worried about refund since I got a good deal at $80/pp.  My question is, since I booked and paid for all three cabins, will we be able to use the third cabin even though both occupants were "no shows"?  It would be helpful as I am travelling with a scooter and could park it in the extra room.  Suggestions on what to do with this  extra cabin.

I would suggest calling your PVP, TA or Carnival if you don’t have a PVP or TA.  If you do nothing and both people in the cabin are no-shows, I don’t think you would have the use of the cabin.  You may have some options of moving one of the four who are sailing into that cabin, but you may have to cancel/rebook the cabin to do that.  I don’t think anyone here has an answer.

• Like 2

You all are thinking just like I did.  I realized about port charges and taxes.  I was willing to pay extra gratuities.  Can't move either grandchild because they are too young.  I may just go ahead and cancel if I can't find any other ways to think outside the box. 

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

I don’t think you’ll have access to the extra cabin. If it’s two adults and two minors, and  none of the cabins is close enough to put just the minors in, you’ll probably lose out.

The three cabins are next to each other, we have me, daughter, grandchildren 8 and 11.  Even though this cabin will be between the other two, I didn't think they would let  minors be booked in there alone (although they would not be staying there alone)..  Am I mistaken?  I just have my husband assigned to this room with a TBD.  What would happen if I booked my husband, one grandchild and then my husband was a no show.

Edited by MOteacher
spelling

I just read on Carnival’s website that minors under 12 can be in their own cabin if the parent is next door or across the hall.  So you could be the TBD in your husband’s cabin and have him be a no-show.  The two girls could be in the middle one and your daughter in the other one.  I think that would work. 

1 hour ago, cruisingberger said:

Please let us know what happens.I'm super curious!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and input, but things have changed.

So excited, I got an upsell offer to move to a balcony cabin for $250 total.  Scooped that right up.  Only took the one cabin and daughter is going to keep the inside.  We will all probably just hang out in my balcony.  

I read on CC that they are letting people cancel with refunds through April, so I will probably cancel the third cabin.  Too far from balcony to use for scooter.  If I get a refund great, if not, I am still thrilled with my deal.  I have a balcony and two inside cabins for a total investment of $710.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MOteacher said:

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and input, but things have changed.

So excited, I got an upsell offer to move to a balcony cabin for $250 total.  Scooped that right up.  Only took the one cabin and daughter is going to keep the inside.  We will all probably just hang out in my balcony.  

I read on CC that they are letting people cancel with refunds through April, so I will probably cancel the third cabin.  Too far from balcony to use for scooter.  If I get a refund great, if not, I am still thrilled with my deal.  I have a balcony and two inside cabins for a total investment of $710.

Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.  You’ll probably be able to get a refund on the third cabin.  You should have room in your balcony cabin for your scooter and since you’ll be the only occupant of the cabin it won’t get in the way too much.  Congrats on the nice upgrade!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bgcruising said:

If the child is booked in a room with an adult, that child cannot check in at the port until the adult does. 

Please do not try booking a child with a no show adult, it may work out very badly the day of the cruise.

This is why I use these Boards.  Someone always sees something I hadn't thought of.  Thanks for your input.

• Thanks 1