KEEP MY CABIN CLEAN MYSELF

abby1257

2 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

100% agree!

Far more crew are certainly catching covid on-board cruise ships than passengers. 

Far more crew are living, working & sleeping in much closer quarters than passengers.

😷  😷

So how do you think the crew is catching it if they are staying on the ship?

giphy.gif

• Like 2

When we first started cruising, we didn't care for the room attendant coming in. Mostly because I didn't feel I needed it, and know it raises your chances in things going lost. However, I've come to appreciate the service. I also don't keep valuables in there and don't believe our person who is supposed to make a connection for a week is going to take stuff. If they want to wear my underwear on their head, so be it. I don't need to bother them for twice a day service. Completely unneeded. 

If you're scared this is how you catch COVID, I don't have many words for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

100% agree!

Far more crew are certainly catching covid on-board cruise ships than passengers. 

Far more crew are living, working & sleeping in much closer quarters than passengers.

😷  😷

The crew has far more restrictions than passengers.

I will have the steward clean, but only once. It has nothing to do with covid.

I don't believe that one person has gotten covid from a room steward.

But, if our room steward happens to test positive, will we be placed in quarantine due to contact tracing?

Guest BasicSailor
1 minute ago, auburn77 said:

I will have the steward clean, but only once. It has nothing to do with covid.

I don't believe that one person has gotten covid from a room steward.

But, if our room steward happens to test positive, will we be placed in quarantine due to contact tracing?

Steward gets replaced and nothing is said to you. If you get symptoms, you may visit the Doctor.

Guest BasicSailor
4 hours ago, canes20 said:

So how do you think the crew is catching it if they are staying on the ship?

The crew Bunks with other staff so many per rooms. When they reach a port and have a port day, the mask come off. They usually go where other crew from different ships go for supplies and free time. They mingle with other crew, drinking, partying and so forth. I do not think that all crew is remaining on the ships.

Edited by BasicSailor

6 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

The crew Bunks with other staff so many per rooms. When they reach a port and have a port day, the mask come off. They usually go where other crew from different ships go for supplies and free time. They mingle with other crew, drinking, partying and so forth. I do not think that all crew is remaining on the ships.

I thought I had read crew were not being allowed off for now. Not sure about that. 

• Like 1

Per Carnival, 

Will my stateroom still be serviced? What if I don’t want it to be serviced?

All staterooms will be serviced once daily. However, you may opt out of the daily stateroom service. Just contact your stateroom attendant to let them know. Should you need any service, your stateroom attendant will be only a phone call away.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, canes20 said:

I thought I had read crew were not being allowed off for now. Not sure about that. 

I have been on four cruises since the restart and I have seen crew leave the ship on each one.

IIRC, they were always wearing their masks.  Personally, I don't worry about the crew's compliance to protocol, because they all have way more to lose by getting sick (or being caught not adhering to the rules) than most tourists do.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

The crew is not allowed off the ship at all.  We spoke with many crew members on our NYE cruise and they all said they are not allowed off at any port.

On 1/21/2022 at 1:09 PM, abby1257 said:

OK, as stupid as this sounds, I have a cruise end of March and May.  With staff popping up sick with covid, I am really tempted to NOT have staff allowed in my cabin and clean it myself...I would only ask for fresh towels every day that I will get...I would take lysol wipes with me...Is this really way out there....

Like they used to say, "WHAT EVER TRIPS YOUR TRIGGER"  I understand and don't think you are way out there.

Maybe I missed this elsewhere in the conversation, but I would only see this being a problem is if you are in the room with the steward while they are cleaning and coughing in your face.

It's not just going to stick to the ceiling and drip into your mouth in the middle of the night...

Edited by BigAfts
Pronouns...
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, hapytobehr said:

The crew is not allowed off the ship at all.  We spoke with many crew members on our NYE cruise and they all said they are not allowed off at any port.

On our NYE cruise, we saw a couple of crew members at a hotel day resort in Cozumel.

Edited by Cuckoo7

On 1/23/2022 at 3:25 AM, momof3cruisers said:

Or wears a neck gaiter that the CDC said from the beginning was worthless but people still wear them in places where masks are required. Apparently, the fabric ones aren’t much good against omicron either. 

It's pretty much N95 / better or you're just hiding your smile when it involves omicron.

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
3 hours ago, Cuckoo7 said:

On our NYE cruise, we saw a couple of crew members at a hotel day resort in Cozumel.

1 hour ago, hapytobehr said:

That's interesting. 

Very!

On 1/22/2022 at 10:13 PM, BasicSailor said:

I will be the first to admit it has made be skittish. Losing eighteen friends will do that to you.  Safety measures should be taken in care of anyone's health.

oh I am sorry for the loss of your friends.  I think everyone is skittish for different reasons.

I think the OP is worrying too much because the public places are where they would catch covid if at all.

I think this last variant is slowing down and so hoping for no more serious variants.  I am vaxxed, and wear masks and stay home a lot, but even I am getting tired of all this.

Makes me not want to watch the Olympics either or at least the ceremonies.

I do feel safer on a ship than at airports or a lot of large stores.

Again, sorry for your loss.  I do not know of anyone personally that has died from covid.

My niece works in health care and in a hospital and until a month ago never caught covid but was double vaxxed.

Well, then her 10 yr old caught covid at school and brought it home.  They were mild but still miserable.

toodles

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest BasicSailor
11 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

oh I am sorry for the loss of your friends.  I think everyone is skittish for different reasons.

I think the OP is worrying too much because the public places are where they would catch covid if at all.

I think this last variant is slowing down and so hoping for no more serious variants.  I am vaxxed, and wear masks and stay home a lot, but even I am getting tired of all this.

Makes me not want to watch the Olympics either or at least the ceremonies.

I do feel safer on a ship than at airports or a lot of large stores.

Again, sorry for your loss.  I do not know of anyone personally that has died from covid.

My niece works in health care and in a hospital and until a month ago never caught covid but was double vaxxed.

Well, then her 10 yr old caught covid at school and brought it home.  They were mild but still miserable.

toodles

Your post shows respect and class. Wish we had more posters like yourself.  Most of those that past away went to a yearly ( 01) gathering with well of 500 people. However, the last person was on a cruise less than two months ago. It's just crazy, here one day gone the next.   Like yourself I pray this covid leaves this world. 

3 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Your post shows respect and class. Wish we had more posters like yourself.  Most of those that past away went to a yearly ( 01) gathering with well of 500 people. However, the last person was on a cruise less than two months ago. It's just crazy, here one day gone the next.   Like yourself I pray this covid leaves this world. 

why thanks.  I do, however, tangle with a few folks over on RCI threads.   I try to share knowledge, or a nice comment if I can.  I think the art of conversation has gone down in some ways, but then it other ways it has improved.  Selecting what to respond to helps a lot as well.

I am sad when large gatherings result in a few deaths.  Humans like to socialize.  Now myself who is retired and enjoy good books, movies etc, am quite okay with distancing.  I do walk around and chat with folks from the sidewalk.   I was lucky to get to Disney a couple of times last fall and one cruise on RCI.  Now I am back to being a bear and go out every 5 days.  I was sad to hear about a wife whose husband went to the SD gathering of motorcycles.  She begged him not to and then within a month he was gone.    I also was sad to hear about a pregnant woman who isolated a lot but gave in to having a shower for the new baby.  She caught covid even with masking and died.   Just so many sad stories and like I said, hoping things get better and also better medicines as well.  The vaccine debate is real and one that I tread very carefully.  I did my part and now I just watch the news for signs of improvement.  That includes all the small countries too.

as a side note: There is a nice thread I have joined over on HAL. It is called "The Daily _____"   A lot of people know each other and share news and photos and jokes.  After my first two posts, I got a lot of nice response welcoming me to the thread.  It is the only thread of it's kind and it is a bit different everyone is nice.

toodles 

Guest BasicSailor

I'll check that out. I think if it wasn't for my humor and finding humorous post here on CC this site would be rather boring 😉