Favorite MDR dish (excluding lobster and prime rib)

famof4togo

5 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

Indian Vegetarian (and I'm not a vegetarian - I just love it).

How spicy is the Indian Vegetarian? I didn't get it in September because I was afraid it would be too spicy...

The chocolate melting cake didn't have a crust at all - just batter, so I don't think I'll get that again, but the bitter and blanc was pretty great:)

1 hour ago, springssparrow said:

How spicy is the Indian Vegetarian? I didn't get it in September because I was afraid it would be too spicy...

It sort of depends. The Indian vegetarian is usually three small bowls of different dishes. Then a small bowl of rice and some chutney, etc. It's different every night and the different dishes are usually varying levels of heat. I'm a bit of a heat seeker, but I've never had anything *too* spicy. Maybe a 7 our of 10 is the spiciest I've had before. But it's usually more mild than that.

10 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

frog legs, taste like chicken.

Umm, no.   Per my sister, they emphatically did not.  😄   

My MDR faves:  

Short ribs

Lasagna bolognese (happy to see it on Mardi Gras)

Filet Mignon

Baked Alaska 

Baked ziti

...and the others that I just can't remember now.  🙂   

12 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

For dessert I like ordering a banana split, which is on the children’s menu and can be ordered any night.

It comes with 1/4 (yes possibly even 1/6) of a banana now... it actually looks like something they would give a child now.

16 hours ago, CruisingAgain said:

Sweet and Sour Shrimp on the first might is always my favorite.  But I think it is because I am finally on the ship, all the travel stress is done, the muster drill is done (old way) so I am finally on vacaion and I've had a few drinks. 

I have a routine of getting something else the first night but then going to the lido just for a few of those shrimps for dinner #2.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, famof4togo said:

Yep still bored at work...lol....

What is your favorite MDR dish (app/main/side/dessert etc) other than to obvious "go to" of Lobster / prime rib?  I am wanting to try a few new things this next trip....

PS...what happened to the dessert options in the MDR....I mean I do like me some chocolate melting cake but don't want to eat it nightly.....

Spaghetti Carbonara and Grand Marnier Soufflé.  I also love all of the chilled fruit soups

Just off the Vista recently and I was disappointed with the MDR. The flat iron steak is no longer on the menu, it was always a good go to when nothing else appealed to me. Some other cut of steak is now on there, full of fast and gristle, won't be ordering that again.

One of my favorites was spanakopita, phyllo pastry filled with seasoned spinach with a light sauce on the side. Now it's called Greek Spinach Pie. Similar, but not the same. The pastry was tough, the spinach had no flavor, and it was served on some kind of unidentifiable sauce.  They even managed to mess up the veal parmigiana, another of my favorites.

At least they still have the grand marnier souffle on the dessert menu, but about half the number of desserts they used to have.

At least we had a terrific team of waiters, Ana Lyn and crew