Airport Transfers

cynalan

Our sailing includes airport transfers, however, we have a deviation in flights as we are arriving 2 days pre-cruise and leaving 2 days post-cruise. Does anyone know or have experience as to whether Oceania will still provide transfers given that we are not on their regular flight schedule?

2 hours ago, cynalan said:

Our sailing includes airport transfers, however, we have a deviation in flights as we are arriving 2 days pre-cruise and leaving 2 days post-cruise. Does anyone know or have experience as to whether Oceania will still provide transfers given that we are not on their regular flight schedule?

NO....the transfer is  in connection with the scheduled O flight you changed from.   However, doing a tranfer on your own is cheap and even faster than the O one...       WHAT port?         Example:  in Tahiti  O charged $160..       We took a cab for $39.   ..    Lisbon:  $48.     Miami $30  etc.

Concur with Hawaiidan -- except for some "difficult" ports, you aren't really getting much with cruiseline transfers.  Some of those exceptions:  Rome, Bangkok, Beijing, Valparaiso, Port Said and Seward.  And even there, you can do just fine with your own arrangements.

• Like 2

From here: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/terms-conditions/

Free Roundtrip Airport Transfers
New with the Tropics & Exotics 2021-2022 season launch on 2/26/20, we will begin to include transfers from airport-port upon embarkation and port-airport at disembarkation. This is only applicable for Air/Sea guests arriving day of embarkation and departing day of disembarkation. Cruise only guests may still purchase transfers at retail pricing. Guests who purchase a pre or post hotel package will continue to have transfers included regardless of date. It is also only for North America sales (USD & CAD). Already open cruises will remain as is with transfers sold at retail pricing. There will not be a non-use credit if a guest should choose to decline. Included transfers are basic coach transfers and private car transfers will still be available for sale.

6 minutes ago, ShopperfiendTO said:

From here: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/terms-conditions/

Free Roundtrip Airport Transfers
New with the Tropics & Exotics 2021-2022 season launch on 2/26/20, we will begin to include transfers from airport-port upon embarkation and port-airport at disembarkation. This is only applicable for Air/Sea guests arriving day of embarkation and departing day of disembarkation. Cruise only guests may still purchase transfers at retail pricing. Guests who purchase a pre or post hotel package will continue to have transfers included regardless of date. It is also only for North America sales (USD & CAD). Already open cruises will remain as is with transfers sold at retail pricing. There will not be a non-use credit if a guest should choose to decline. Included transfers are basic coach transfers and private car transfers will still be available for sale.

As mentioned prior   if you have to purchase from O a transfer....  think twice as it is far far cheaper and more efficient to do it  on your own....      Check prices   before.....    Your will be shocked.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 5:17 PM, Hawaiidan said:

As mentioned prior   if you have to purchase from O a transfer....  think twice as it is far far cheaper and more efficient to do it  on your own....      Check prices   before.....    Your will be shocked.

Dan, you do see that this is included with flights? I realize it probably doesn't apply to you as you do your own, but for those that are doing flights through Oceania, there is no extra cost, other than the cost of the included flight, which of course has the cost of the transfer built in. 

It does seem that some of the posts on this thread got off track. Not everyone here is discussing the NEW program that was announced a few months ago. 

My take, if I'm taking an Oceania flight, and I'm going in(unlikely) and coming home(possible) on the same day as embarkation or disembarkation, then I'm not going to spend extra for transfers that are already provided. 

1 minute ago, ORV said:

Dan, you do see that this is included with flights? I realize it probably doesn't apply to you as you do your own, but for those that are doing flights through Oceania, there is no extra cost, other than the cost of the included flight, which of course has the cost of the transfer built in. 

It does seem that some of the posts on this thread got off track. Not everyone here is discussing the NEW program that was announced a few months ago. 

My take, if I'm taking an Oceania flight, and I'm going in(unlikely) and coming home(possible) on the same day as embarkation or disembarkation, then I'm not going to spend extra for transfers that are already provided. 

My question is, Is there anyone that's used this since sailing has started back? 

3 hours ago, ORV said:

THanks   It seems logical then...    I gave used  O air once  to Tahiti and itwas extra for transfer