EZ Check

Loverofdogs

Just got off the Sky on Saturday January 22,2022.  They are offering EZCheck!!!! They did not place the information in our stateroom.  I was at guest services and asked about it and they said yes they offer it. It has to be turned in on Wednesday by noon. You will need flight information and paperwork with your confirmation number. They will want to see your paperwork. So easy disembarking when you do/are able to use ez check. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Loverofdogs said:

Just got off the Sky on Saturday January 22,2022.  They are offering EZCheck!!!! They did not place the information in our stateroom.  I was at guest services and asked about it and they said yes they offer it. It has to be turned in on Wednesday by noon. You will need flight information and paperwork with your confirmation number. They will want to see your paperwork. So easy disembarking when you do/are able to use ez check. 

27 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Do tell, what is EZCheck?

Your luggage is checked into the airlines for you. You fill out the paper work (as stated above). Princess verifies with the airlines and if they clear it, you will receive your boarding passes and your bag tags will denote ez check. They will be taken to the airport for you and you get them at your final destination. No hassle withe bags on disembark day. This is for FLL. The fee was $25.00 for the luggage delivery and $30.00 for airline baggage fee. You do not pay anything for luggage that is over weight. So nice not to have to pull your luggage around.  

1 minute ago, Loverofdogs said:

Your luggage is checked into the airlines for you. You fill out the paper work (as stated above). Princess verifies with the airlines and if they clear it, you will receive your boarding passes and your bag tags will denote ez check. They will be taken to the airport for you and you get them at your final destination. No hassle withe bags on disembark day. This is for FLL. The fee was $25.00 for the luggage delivery and $30.00 for airline baggage fee. You do not pay anything for luggage that is over weight. So nice not to have to pull your luggage around.  

Yes and no baggage fee if your airline does not charge you a checked bag fee.

Just the $25 luggage delivery fee.

• Like 1

I was not able to use it for flying back into Canada last August from SeaTac  and they felt so bad they comped me a bottle of wine which was unexpected but appreciated.  This time I will be flying domestically in the US 6 PM flight and driving across the border.  It definitely bugs my cheap side to pay $30 for my small carry on but I will lol it will actually be totally worth it not to have to drag it around all day.

2 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

I was not able to use it for flying back into Canada last August from SeaTac  and they felt so bad they comped me a bottle of wine which was unexpected but appreciated.  This time I will be flying domestically in the US 6 PM flight and driving across the border.  It definitely bugs my cheap side to pay $30 for my small carry on but I will lol it will actually be totally worth it not to have to drag it around all day.

I agree. Some ships have said recently they were not offering it.  So, nice to hear it may be coming back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coco2/27 said:

I haven’t used EZ check, and am interested in how it works, as have some upcoming trips that it definitely could be helpful.

is it from ship to home airport?

Yes it was when I tried but not all airlines participate, they are listed on the sheet you use to sign up.

Just now, coco2/27 said:

I haven’t used EZ check, and am interested in how it works, as have some upcoming trips that it definitely could be helpful.

is it from ship to home airport?

Yes, whatever you ticket reads.  
You will pick up your bag at baggage claim at your final destination.

Visit guest relations during your final week to see if it is offered. Not all airlines  participate in it though.  You fill out a form and they verify with the airline.  If they approve it, then they will print out your boarding pass and give you a claim check.  Easy

33 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

30 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I agree. Some ships have said recently they were not offering it.  So, nice to hear it may be coming back.

27 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Yes it was when I tried but not all airlines participate, they are listed on the sheet you use to sign up.

Even if you are flying with a participating airline, it is never offered into Canada.  Which is a pity since flying from USA to Canada is no different than flying domestic.  It's probably some out-dated rule I figure and of course neither Air Canada nor Westjet have the service.

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Even if you are flying with a participating airline, it is never offered into Canada.  Which is a pity since flying from USA to Canada is no different than flying domestic.  It's probably some out-dated rule I figure and of course neither Air Canada nor Westjet have the service.

No it has not been offered for International passengers. 

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Figured it might have something to do with customs?  Anyway much nicer to fly in and out of the States for me and once I cross its less than 10 minutes home.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

what time does your flight have to depart??

In the past, your flight from FLL had to leave after 11:30.  They were pretty strict about this, we couldn't use it for an 11:15 flight.  It used to be available for flights out of Miami too, but don't remember time frame.  

42 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Figured it might have something to do with customs?  Anyway much nicer to fly in and out of the States for me and once I cross its less than 10 minutes home.

It shouldn't since flying from USA to Canada is like flying domestic within USA for the passenger.  Shouldn't matter where bag is dropped.  Anyway, can't fight government rules.  There is no customs involved until land in Canada and then all the bags are together on the belt, so it doesn't matter how they arrived at the departing airport in my mind.  Anyway, has never included flights to Canada.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

This Summer, E-Z check was "free" in Seattle.

City of Seattle picked up the tab. Great service, beats dragging your bags around with you if you have later flights.

The Seattle program, Port Valet, is run by the Port of Seattle not the cruise lines. https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It shouldn't since flying from USA to Canada is like flying domestic within USA for the passenger.  Shouldn't matter where bag is dropped.  Anyway, can't fight government rules.  There is no customs involved until land in Canada and then all the bags are together on the belt, so it doesn't matter how they arrived at the departing airport in my mind.  Anyway, has never included flights to Canada.

Thanks fortunately I have the option to drive across, no pretest, no crazy traffic, and a decent hotel that I can leave my car at with no additional fee. Pretty sure Alaska Air participates so I won't have to drag my luggage with me.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/23/2022 at 8:56 PM, Steelers36 said:

There are very recent reports that Air Canada IS one of the airlines offering EZ Check, as has been reported by a few folks here on CC. No mention of which airport they flew into up here, but if a cruise does offer EZ Check into Canada, then one can assume YYZ will be it. We'll be asking about it in two weeks for our flight home to YUL from FLL.

• Like 1