APEX 02/26-03/05 2022 Retreat, Eastern Caribbean out of Ft Lauderdale

graphicguy

33 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

If I remember correctly, you were about 20 minutes early, often times there's still a plane at your gate that hasn't departed.  Even if you go to another gate, there aren't people around to service the aircraft, so you wait until your assigned gate is available.  It doesn't pay to arrive early.🙁

No “pushback” (pun intended) from me!  

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Don't forget your swimsuit.

Was thinking of packing a Speedo to save even more space.  My guess is I would have ship security hauling me to the “hoosegow” for causing a ship disturbance…and not in a good way!

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

Following along . . . We spent 2 wonderful weeks on the Apex TA last October.  I will so enjoy seeing familiar, favorite spots😊. Thank you for taking us along.  Eight months from today we board Beyond, and that’s a long time to wait!

Beyond is on my radar for the next cruise!

10 minutes ago, MarEll1 said:

Yikes! We will be checking a bag but we use the skycap. I do hate how CVG changed the drop off location for the shuttles. It’s a hike to Delta - may check luggage before we go to Fastpark.

Glad you made it aboard!

Fast park is where we parked.  Seems they’re giving preferential treatment to the CVG SPONSORED parking, regardless of how woeful it is!

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Tried to upgrade (for a fee) at the Service Desk.  Retreat is sold out, though.  They were upgrading others in different categories, though.  Found this in the cabin…

09BF45A4-1780-4FB5-8C46-36323249EBD3.jpeg

I’m confused or did I miss something. I thought all suites used the Retreat did the user purchase a fare without it?

No..thought we might be able to upgrade our Sky Suite on board.  Booked an S3.  Price drop happened and was upgraded to an S2 in the process.  Tried to go up the ladder while on board, but the Retreat is sold out, so no upgrades available.  

There were other upgrades available in other categories, though!

Before I forget….pier 25 is where checkin happens for Apex and Edge.  Retreat door is all the way to the left from the main entrance doors.  As soon as you enter that door, you’ll see a large sign for Retreat Checkin.  My advice?  Bypass all the agents/porters outside and go directly to the left entry if you’re in the Retreat!  They’ll check you in after the entrance.

The agents are pretty diligent in checking your passport, vaccine card, NEGATIVE COVID proof page.  

Saw a Retreat couple denied checkin in front of me because they had a copy of their Passport and vaccine card and not the originals.  Got pretty animated and we boogied past them quickly because we did NOT want to become passively embroiled in their drama.

14 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Before I forget….pier 25 is where checkin happens for Apex and Edge.  Retreat door is all the way to the left from the main entrance doors.  As soon as you enter that door, you’ll see a large sign for Retreat Checkin.  My advice?  Bypass all the agents/porters outside and go directly to the left entry if you’re in the Retreat!  They’ll check you in after the entrance.

The agents are pretty diligent in checking your passport, vaccine card, NEGATIVE COVID proof page.  

Saw a Retreat couple denied checkin in front of me because they had a copy of their Passport and vaccine card and not the originals.  Got pretty animated and we boogied past them quickly because we did NOT want to become passively embroiled in their drama.

A copy of their passport, really?! 😂😂  

Have a great time on your cruise!!!

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Last summer we sailed the Edge.

Got to the airport over an hour away...realized I DIDN'T HAVE MY VACCINE CARD!!

(DH was stunned--I'm the organization queen, especially when it comes to travel. But HEY--vaccine cards are a new thing!!)

Was considering having Mom FedEx overnight it--but what if it didn't come??!!

I had a photo but had no idea if that was gonna fly.

Bless DH--we changed him to a later flight to FLL & he ran home & got it.

SWA didn't charge us to change, so it was really no issue except an extra Lyft from the airport.

Advantage to COVID traveling--no issue changing to a later flight in the same day.

Edited by KKB
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, KKB said:

Last summer we sailed the Edge.

Got to the airport over an hour away...realized I DIDN'T HAVE MY VACCINE CARD!!

(DH was stunned--I'm the organization queen, especially when it comes to travel. But HEY--vaccine cards are a new thing!!)

Was considering having Mom FedEx overnight it--but what if it didn't come??!!

I had a photo but had no idea if that was gonna fly.

Bless DH--we changed him to a later flight to FLL & he ran home & got it.

SWA didn't charge us to change, so it was really no issue except an extra Lyft from the airport.

Advantage to COVID traveling--no issue changing to a later flight in the same day.

I remember when you posted about that.  Scary!

• Like 1