Alesund, Norway

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 6:12 AM, Turtles06 said:

We started our day in Alesund by taking the City Train Tour around Alesund and up to Mount Aksla. It's not really a train (as you can see in the photo), and while it looks hokey, it was fun and a good introduction to the town.  Definitely get to the top of Mount Aksla, one way or another, for the fantastic views.  (You can take the train back down, or walk down.)   After the little tour, we walked around the town, which is lovely.  And for lunch. we had THE best fish and chips we've ever eaten, anywhere.  These folks claim to be "probably the best in the world," and perhaps they are.  🙂 

00-AnDBmgxzWX57XBG2JMEg9XYDZmy54-a0FwMsKoVxOUf5oTTRxvXxHptI1bTOcWMB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1543790526

00-AnDBmgxzWX57XBG2JMEg9XYDZmy54-a0FwMsKoVxOUfdPbcpqnjL5W1ACCLJwYa3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1543790527

00-AnDBmgxzWX57XBG2JMEg9XYDZmy54-a0FwMsKoVxOUc2UDSaCn5t-Kytfbw-r1xr4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1646680299

(photos by turtles06)

Hi, do you remember if you had to prebook the little train, or just line up?

1 hour ago, Sallyandtex said:

Hi, do you remember if you had to prebook the little train, or just line up?

I was about to tell you that we just walked right up, but since it was back in 2018, I just checked my file (and recollection!) and we in fact bought tickets in advance.  🙂   However, it doesn't seem as though you can buy them in advance now, but I could be wrong. 

Edited by Turtles06
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2023 at 9:56 PM, Turtles06 said:

I was about to tell you that we just walked right up, but since it was back in 2018, I just checked my file (and recollection!) and we in fact bought tickets in advance.  🙂   However, it doesn't seem as though you can buy them in advance now, but I could be wrong. 

Is there a website for this cute little "train"? We will be stopping in Alesund with our 11 year old son and I'm willing to bet he would love this little "train" ride around the city. Thanks.

20 hours ago, Ladybug18 said:

Is there a website for this cute little "train"? We will be stopping in Alesund with our 11 year old son and I'm willing to bet he would love this little "train" ride around the city. Thanks.

As per an email to them you can book after April 1st.

• 4 weeks later...