Thrak: Radiqal, LLC

Mike45LC

Another workaround (mentioned on the longer thread about the app) that I used was to put in a Visa gift card (mine said only available for use in the United States) of any amount (someone had one with $5 on it). App will accept it and you're in the green lane. Seems like a ridiculous game but it works!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Lscruiser said:

Thank you all for your responses.  I have not ordered medallions to be shipped as it seems a huge waste.  I use them for refrigerator magnets and I have more than 25 Princess Cruises under my belt.  My concern was that door guards at the port have wanted to see a boarding pass.  I guess I will just take my booking confirmation and hope for the best.  Wish I could get the old app.  

You can't still download the old app?

2 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Remember, stores chose to partner with Princess in this endeavor.  I have used the service several times over the years with no issues.

If you read this thread from a local, small business perspective, it sheds a different light on merchants “choosing” to partner with Princess.  I respect everyone’s right to choose whether or not to use MedallionPay, and am providing this link only in an effort to help make an informed decision.

• Like 1

I called customer service and told them the app wasn't working for me. They mailed me the medallions without saying anything about the credit card requirement.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

You can't still download the old app?

There was a cutoff date to do that...but I don't know when it was/is.  Keep in mind that *many* people have better luck using the "web version" of the app in the cruise personalizer. 

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ombud said:

The owner of a small store in Ketchikan told me it was 17%. If 7% passes through to the passenger as OBC then Princess retains 10% as their cut. 

So I'm old....but I was close....only missed it by 10%....🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Moondogy said:
9 hours ago, Ombud said:

The owner of a small store in Ketchikan told me it was 17%. If 7% passes through to the passenger as OBC then Princess retains 10% as their cut. (correction: Princess % tbd ... guessing 3% to Radiqal / 7% to Princess)

So I'm old....but I was close....only missed it by 10%....🤣

Yeah 🤑 .... Princess and Radiqal need their cut. It's all about the profits

• Like 1

Hey all.   I found a solution!   Get a Visa Gift card for maybe $20 and use that information.   It works!   I tried it yesterday.   You can use the gift card for whatever you want and there is no risk of exposure of your credit card information to some gaming company.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lscruiser said:

Hey all.   I found a solution!   Get a Visa Gift card for maybe $20 and use that information.   It works!   I tried it yesterday.   You can use the gift card for whatever you want and there is no risk of exposure of your credit card information to some gaming company.  

While this is a good solution, My point is, why should I even have to give them the information and check a box saying they can keep the information? I really do not trust a company that first takes over 6 years to try to get the app right and then has to start all over and it's still not right. I totally disagree with how much the shoreside hit's the companies get hit. I know the % the companies have to pay to belong comes from princess, but I will not participate.

Edited by Moondogy
spell check

12 hours ago, Lscruiser said:

This is a work around. My position is that Princess is being unethical forcing you to sign up and provide financial information for a service that you may not want. This needs to be optional. I believe at some time it could backfire on them from both their customers, the shops and maybe even the authorities. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MacMadame said:

I think it's weird that the shoreside shopping doesn't use the same cc that your folio uses.

I always wondered about that one myself. Seems like they could just supply a checkbox to tick if you wanted to participate in the program...but even *that* would not be needed. If you present your medallion...then you're participating!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MacMadame said:

I think it's weird that the shoreside shopping doesn't use the same cc that your folio uses.

It could be done if they'd get their act together and make a good app. This company has been working on the medallion app for over 6 years now, I believe if I remember right this is like the 3rd or 4th version and it's still not working properly......Kinda makes me wonder why a company would keep then around. If I hired someone and they didn't get it right after a couple of tries I'd find someone that could.

Edited by Moondogy
spelling