Impossible covid requirements for Norway

Srguppy

We are planning to go on the Viking Venus British Isles Explorer cruise in April, starting in Oslo for the pre-cruise extension. Norway is requiring a covid test (from a lab) within 24 hours (no more than 24) of arrival in Norway. This is in addition to the Viking requirements, which also is in addition to the Germany requirements because we transit Frankfurt. The arrival time in Oslo is scheduled for about 1115 am on a Monday. Back that up 24 hours and that is 515 am Sunday eastern time. That means I am required to get tested between 515 am and 215 pm (when my flight leaves.)

Any suggestions?

I am very close to cancelling again.

It depends what testing facilities you have locally? Here we have labs that can give you results for RT-PCR tests in 1 hour. They're expensive, but they exist. However, I thought Norway also accepted rapid antigen tests (RATs)? We can have those done at many labs here in about 15 minutes for relatively cheap (even on a Sunday).

Current requirement - might change before April - also note that the 24 houres is before your departure from US.

Effective January 26, 2022, the quarantine requirement when entering Norway is discontinued. All travellers to Norway from outside the EU, EEA, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom must complete entry registration and test upon arrival regardless of vaccination status or nationality. Those who cannot prove with an EU Digital COVID-19 Certificate that they are fully vaccinated, must also present a negative COVID-19 (PCR and/or serology) test taken 24 hours before arrival in Norway. If one arrived by air plane, then the test may have been taken within the 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of the first flight en route to Norway. All travellers are required to complete entry registration.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm arriving by ship in September .... am I wrong to assume that Princess will handle it?? I can get the antigen for Copenhagen on the morning I fly but do I need to test in Copenhagen for Norway?? (1st port)

16 minutes ago, nicaphile said:

All covid entry requirements have been lifted as of Feb 12, 2022

Yes, today Norway in general. However still special requirements when travelling to Svalbard. Everyone arriving in Svalbard must test for SARS-CoV-2 within 24 hours of arrival.

• Like 2