Recent cruises on Apex. Capacity?

Lil Pups

I was on the January 3rd sailing.  Pax count was 1293.  

Deck 6 was off limits and used as a quarantine deck.  Both me and my friend had single cabins on the this deck.  I was moved to Concierge Class on Deck 12, and he was moved to Concierge Class on Deck 11.  

Pics from the cruise if you're interested.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/albums/72177720296079532

Edited by eroller

Thanks everyone for this info. Looking forward to the reduced attendance on the February 26 cruise.

Good information  from eroller, as I’m on Deck 6 in a single cruiser cabin and heard about that deck being used as an isolation level. It will be interesting if I get moved as I’m also on a B2B supposedly in the same cabin! Oh, the fun of cruising now.

On 1/29/2022 at 9:29 AM, Lil Pups said:

We sail next week on the Apex.   Just curious at what capacity the ship has been sailing at.  Thanks

Lil pups... you said you were going to use BeeperMD for your Covid test.  Would you please come back and report on your experience?  I'm curious to know how you did, because it actually sounds too good to be true, and if it sounds like it, too many times it isn't true.  Please report back!

On 1/31/2022 at 10:45 PM, Birdnutty said:

Lil pups... you said you were going to use BeeperMD for your Covid test.  Would you please come back and report on your experience?  I'm curious to know how you did, because it actually sounds too good to be true, and if it sounds like it, too many times it isn't true.  Please report back!

I wouldn't recommend Beepermd.com . I made an appointment on 1/4 for today at 1:30 PM. Last night I get text and email saying they must change appointment to today at 10:30 AM. Finally at 1 PM after being a no show they text me to reschedule it for 2 PM. Told them to cancel this weeks test and next weeks tests for us. I then drove 4 miles to the city park and got my test done by Nomi Health https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/26/onsite . 

• Thanks 2

On 1/30/2022 at 2:22 PM, TN Vol Fan said:

Thanks everyone for this info. Looking forward to the reduced attendance on the February 26 cruise.

Good information  from eroller, as I’m on Deck 6 in a single cruiser cabin and heard about that deck being used as an isolation level. It will be interesting if I get moved as I’m also on a B2B supposedly in the same cabin! Oh, the fun of cruising now.

If I were a betting man I would say it's almost certain your cabin will change.  Don't expect to find out until you actually check-in at the cruise ship terminal.  I'm pretty technical and always trying to outguess the cruise lines' reservations systems.  I checked and checked (the app and online) everyday right up to the morning of departure.  The cabin never changed.  Even in the terminal after we cleared security I checked the app one last time as we waiting in line to check-in.  Nope same cabin.  Then we went up to the lady with the iPad to check in.  The minute she checked us in the cabin changed.  I pulled up the app and poof the new cabin showed up!  So obviously it had been changed well before that time, but Celebrity has a way to hide it until you actually check in.  

On 1/30/2022 at 2:22 PM, TN Vol Fan said:

Our group is on the same cruise and were supposed to be on deck 6.  Our TA called and spoke to Celebrity and recommended we all switch cabins so she moved us to another deck. I would recommend doing the same if you can…especially with a B2B. 

3 hours ago, kag19 said:

Our group is on the same cruise and were supposed to be on deck 6.  Our TA called and spoke to Celebrity and recommended we all switch cabins so she moved us to another deck. I would recommend doing the same if you can…especially with a B2B. 

Good idea.  We're on Deck 6 forward, B2B. Was hoping perhaps for an unexpected upgrade, but it might be worth it to do that just to keep the same cabin.  

Birdnutty  this was the 2nd time we used Beeper MD.  Totally satisfied both times.   The tester arrived 20 minutes after the exact appointment time.  Two rapid antigen tests done in less than 5 minutes.  Results immediate and then they were e-mailed and texted within 15  minutes.  The tester was an absolute delight and I would use them again most definitely.