Losing Status

Sixtytwo

Ok, our last MSC cruise ended in Feb 2020 right before the Covid pandemic became the #1 news item. I was under the impression that MSC status is maintained if you cruise at least once every 3 years. Is this correct? If so, based on the 2/2020 last cruise I would expect to lose status if no cruise before Feb 2023. IF this is correct, why did MSC advise me that my status would be removed if I did not book and cruise before 10/2022??? Does the fact that the entire cruise industry was shut down for a year due to Covid not extend the time between MSC Cruises to maintain status?

Maybe I am totally confused, but it seems like another MSC screw up to me! Can someone explain what the MSC policy is for maintaining status?

Voyagers membership extended a year.

ours was 2022, reset to 2023, before we cruised in 2021.

This was sent March 26, 2020

http://static.contactlab.it/spacer.gif
http://static.contactlab.it/img/spacer.gif

Dear MSC Voyagers Club Member,

The unfortunate developments related to the coronavirus crisis over the past few months have made it difficult to travel – and even worse – have made our own lives more challenging in sudden and unexpected ways.

During this difficult time, MSC Cruises remains sensitive to the needs of its guests, its employees, and naturally you: our Voyagers Club member.

For this reason, I have decided to extend your member benefit by a year. Guests like yourself, who cherish traveling and cruises and wish to continue dreaming with us, are going to be able to do so by keeping the same member points and status for an extra year.

If your card is already expired in 2020 or is set to expire in 2020, its validity will be automatically extended to December 31, 2021 with its point balance and status remaining intact.

We will make it through this together, and we will welcome you on board once again as soon as you are ready, to continue exploring new destinations and cultures. We will soon send your way extraordinary offers and fascinating, new itineraries.

Lastly, I thank you for both having chosen us in the past, and for your numerous messages of affection and solidarity. On board our ships, we have shared unique memories and emotions and became part of a big family that loves the sea and traveling with MSC Cruises.

Let’s keep dreaming together.
http://static.contactlab.it/spacer.gif

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

I had status match to Gold with MSC and first cruised in May of 2019. In order to maintain status I did a 3 day cruise 9/30/21. That cruise was never credited in my Voyagers Club points status. When I got an email last week from MSC Voyagers Club that my status would end 12/31/22, I called Customer Service and was told to send an email to Voyagers Club. I emailed and asked them to please get that September cruise posted, update my status and extend my expiration date. They said No. Thank you for contacting MSC voyagers club.  unfortunately, we are unable to extend the expiration date on your account currently. should we decide later we will advise you further.

I emailed them back but am unsure what more I can do. Looking for suggestions. Apparently there's no way to actually talk to a person. Any help appreciated.

32 minutes ago, wikoffclan said:

I had status match to Gold with MSC and first cruised in May of 2019. In order to maintain status I did a 3 day cruise 9/30/21. That cruise was never credited in my Voyagers Club points status. When I got an email last week from MSC Voyagers Club that my status would end 12/31/22, I called Customer Service and was told to send an email to Voyagers Club. I emailed and asked them to please get that September cruise posted, update my status and extend my expiration date. They said No. Thank you for contacting MSC voyagers club.  unfortunately, we are unable to extend the expiration date on your account currently. should we decide later we will advise you further.

I emailed them back but am unsure what more I can do. Looking for suggestions. Apparently there's no way to actually talk to a person. Any help appreciated.

I guess they don’t want your loyalty. That’s some BS….especially with the missing credit 

MSC IT has problems.  Their right hand does not speak to their left hand.  We received an email indicated our status match would expired by 12/31/2022.  We cruised with them on October 2021 it fulfilled their condition.  Someone of Cruisecritic board  advised to go to the VC to check the info in there it is shown until 2024.  For some reason out of the blue the email just sent out.  LOL

MSC IT seems to be like cooking. I have had several problems and the pat answer is that the IT problems will be fixed over the weekend. One huge issue with a disappearing account was to take a month to remedy.  That was back in November (no it has not been fixed as of Feb 1)  It's like the glitch needs to work itself out by simmering on the stovetop.  I love MSC but definitely not their IT.

I have written to Voyager club email site regarding the missing points from our cruises in November.

We had 2 cruises in November, YC, for 7 and 8 nights respectively .

Should have been 1500 for each week plus we had Voyagers Club Selection 5+10% and double points  to all who sailed Caribbean in Fall.

We received 1500 for a 16 day cruise with incorrect date.

Not sure if expiration date is posted in European fashion ( day, month,year)

Posted as 7-12-24

Received reply that points were posted correctly.

Re sent request for review.

18 hours ago, wikoffclan said:

My understanding is the MSC does now credit cruises less than 5 days cruises to VC.

See dedicated page for VC on MSC site.

Edited by phissy

7 hours ago, phissy said:

My understanding is the MSC does now credit cruises less than 5 days cruises to VC.

See dedicated page for VC on MSC site.

Did you mean does NOT credit for cruises of less than 5 days?

The MSC Voyagers Club General Conditions states:

MSC Voyagers Club Membership is subject to a minimum of one cruise every 3 years. If the last cruise disembarkation date is over 3 years (36 months) or no cruise has been completed in 3 years after the enrollment date, membership to the MSC Voyagers Club program will expire.

And awards points for --- Fantastica Experience: • for cruises consisting of less than 5 nights or 6 days: 400 points are awarded.

There's no limitation stated on cruise length affecting MSC Club Membership status. I'll let you know what they come back with this time.

I'm still looking for a way to talk to a person.

17 hours ago, wikoffclan said:

Did you mean does NOT credit for cruises of less than 5 days?

No,  meant they now allow credit to VC for cruises less than 5 days.

Before pandemic, I think I remember that MSC stated that cruises had to be longer than 5 days to credit and extend VC status.

This summer, MSC had to do their test sailings of 3 and 4 day before being allowed to go back to 7 day cruises. I think that is when they changed language to include the shorter sailings as qualifying for status.

Could be wrong, but, bottom line , all sailings add points to VC accounts.

6 hours ago, phissy said:

No,  meant they now allow credit to VC for cruises less than 5 days.

Before pandemic, I think I remember that MSC stated that cruises had to be longer than 5 days to credit and extend VC status.

This summer, MSC had to do their test sailings of 3 and 4 day before being allowed to go back to 7 day cruises. I think that is when they changed language to include the shorter sailings as qualifying for status.

Could be wrong, but, bottom line , all sailings add points to VC accounts.

Thank you for clarifying.

On my Voyagers Club account page my points balance still stands at what it's been since my frst cruise when I first status matched in 2019 and still has an expiration date of 12/31/2022. I sailed in 9/2021 and those points were never added and the expiration date was not reset. Still waiting for a response to my latest email.

On 1/31/2022 at 9:05 PM, wikoffclan said:

I had the same issue. They missed crediting a trip and every time I contacted them I got the same response. Their auto default seems to be a rejection of “extension” even though what you are really trying to do is to get them to correct an error on their part of not posting a sailing. 

I suggest you reframe the issue with them. Just make it a polite demand that they post a missing sailing. Keep at it until they do.  Do not mention status at all and if they keep bringing it up make it clear your request has nothing to do with status you just want them to correct their error of not posting your trip  

Then when you get that posted the rest should resolve either automatically or with follow up. 

15 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

I suggest you reframe the issue with them. Just make it a polite demand that they post a missing sailing. Keep at it until they do.  Do not mention status at all and if they keep bringing it up make it clear your request has nothing to do with status you just want them to correct their error of not posting your trip  

Then when you get that posted the rest should resolve either automatically or with follow up. 

Good advice. Thank you! I'll do that.

• 2 weeks later...

My December 2021 cruise had not credited, and it took several calls and emails to get it fixed. (I also was on the cusp of losing status). The eventually did, though. I made sure, when submitting my request for missing cruise credit, to include my voyager number the cruise dates, cabin, and confirmation information. photographic evidence (such as a picture of your keycard, and/or you on the ship) can't hurt.