Is there a Champagne cork in the room if you don't finish a bottle

Back Roader

I'm doing last minute packing for our Splendor cruise on Feb. 3rd. We are staying in a Splendor Suite and I wondering if I should pack a Champagne cork to re cork and unfinished bottle or will there be one at the bar set up? Also, should I pack a nightlight for the bathroom or is one provided? Our last cruise was on the Explorer in 2018 and I can't remember. 

We were on the Splendor Sept 22 - Dec 7 2021 in suite 747.  I found the nightlight controlled by the bedside switch too bright for me.  It is a blue light and lights up the hallway outside the bathroom.  I always pack one or 2 glow in the dark nightlights (similar to Amerelle Always-On Blue Night Light, 4 Pack (71282) – Plug In LED Night Lights – Soft Night Light with Cool Blue Glow – An Ideal Bathroom Toilet Night Light or Nursery Night Light - - Amazon.com).  It plugs into the outlet in the bathroom.  For me, it is adequate for night time trips to the bathroom.  It only glows within the bathroom and doesn't light the entire suite.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Guerncruising said:

Us too. I think that it’s caused by the deep punt at the bottom of the champagne bottle. You can always request another one though!

Our bottle always leaks and is empty before we know it...defective manufacturing, no doubt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 2/1/2022 at 5:19 AM, Guerncruising said:

Us too. I think that it’s caused by the deep punt at the bottom of the champagne bottle. You can always request another one though!

Can you request another even if you are in Concierge rather than a Penthouse?

Joanie

I have never been on Regent, but in my experience with luxury brand cruiselines, you can call room service and request a bottle of wine or champagne at any time as long its on the included wine list. Also, the stewardess will replace it for you if you ask. I imagine it will be the same on Regent. 

• Like 2

Do the bathrooms on Regent have an electrical outlet that stays "hot" with the room lights off?  I am particularly interested in this question for Concierge and Veranda cabins on several of the ships.  It makes a difference if I can bring a plug-in night light, or if I need to bring a battery operated one.

Edited by SusieQft

1 hour ago, SusieQft said:

Do the bathrooms on Regent have an electrical outlet that stays "hot" with the room lights off?  I am particularly interested in this question for Concierge and Veranda cabins on several of the ships.  It makes a difference if I can bring a plug-in night light, or if I need to bring a battery operated one.

Your plug-in nightlight will be fine. You plug the light into the shaver outlet which stays hot at all times.

Dave

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Always_Packed_FL said:

I seem to remember the shaver outlet on the Mariner turning on/off with the bathroom light.  

My memory may be faulty but we were last on the Mariner in December 2018 and I believe we were able to use our plug-in nightlight successfully. Perhaps someone currently on the Mariner will see this and chime in with up-to-date information. 

Dave

I can tell you for certain that the only electrical outlet in the bathroom on Crystal Serenity and Symphony (at least below Penthouse level) turns off when the lights are off, so we brought a battery powered night light.

It would really be great if we could use a plug-in night light on Regent ships.  We have upcoming bookings on Mariner and Splendor, and just added one more on Navigator after the recent Crystal debacle opened up more time in our travel calendar.  Sadly, our other Regent bookings have all been victims of covid, so I am still looking forward to some first hand experience on Regent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SusieQft said:

I can tell you for certain that the only electrical outlet in the bathroom on Crystal Serenity and Symphony (at least below Penthouse level) turns off when the lights are off, so we brought a battery powered night light.

It would really be great if we could use a plug-in night light on Regent ships.  We have upcoming bookings on Mariner and Splendor, and just added one more on Navigator after the recent Crystal debacle opened up more time in our travel calendar.  Sadly, our other Regent bookings have all been victims of covid, so I am still looking forward to some first hand experience on Regent.

On Crystal, we just left the bathroom lights on and didn't completely shut the bathroom door.  We will do what we gotta do on Regent as well.

We are now on board the Splendor and I can answer the question about the nightlight. There is a built in one in the bathroom. I also plugged in an additional one there as well and it does stay on all night even if all the lights are turned off. We are in a Splendor suite and it has a half bath as well but it doesn't have a nightlight but does have a plug if you want to bring one for it. Thank you to all for answering my questions, they were very helpful. 

• Thanks 1