Grandeur of the Seas

Akkers

14 minutes ago, Akkers said:

What they are not calling at all ports?

Also is WJ and other buffet stations open?

I’m Still on board; now in a 7n sailing to Grenada, Antigua, St Kitts, St Vincent, Dominica and St Lucia. 

Over 1000 on this week and noticeably busier. Chaos in MDR last night ( but that could be because people were still boarding until 9;30p).

Solarium bar open this week but WJ still not open at night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Over 1000 on this week and noticeably busier. 

WJ still not open at night. 

What is capacity? I'm boarding may 4 and really was hoping the WJ open for dinner. Seems like they will be short of crew if capacity is suddenly raised when the ship arrives in texas late next month. I see they now raised prices which maybe will discourage bookings. 

7 hours ago, little britain said:

I’m Still on board; now in a 7n sailing to Grenada, Antigua, St Kitts, St Vincent, Dominica and St Lucia. 

Over 1000 on this week and noticeably busier. Chaos in MDR last night ( but that could be because people were still boarding until 9;30p).

Solarium bar open this week but WJ still not open at night. 

That 7 nighter sounds like the stops Ill be on. Hopefully capacity continues to increase...would like a busy ship with everything open

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

What is capacity? I'm boarding may 4 and really was hoping the WJ open for dinner. Seems like they will be short of crew if capacity is suddenly raised when the ship arrives in texas late next month. I see they now raised prices which maybe will discourage bookings. 

1200. Only 22 children.
25 Pinnacle/ 46 D+ / 72 D

Still dont know what full is but I happened ro look at may 18th when someone asked about price matching.  Everything but OVs says sold out. Is everything really sold out, are we possibly sailing at 100% or close?  And WJ not open for dinner or full enough crew for us?

Are insides, balconys and suites really sold out?

20220307_230440009.jpeg

20220307_230456444.jpeg

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Still dont know what full is but I happened ro look at may 18th when someone asked about price matching.  Everything but OVs says sold out. Is everything really sold out, are we possibly sailing at 100% or close?  And WJ not open for dinner or full enough crew for us?

Are insides, balconys and suites really sold out?

20220307_230440009.jpeg

20220307_230456444.jpeg

Max capacity is 2446 or 1992 with double occupancy.

Looks like the sailing is sold out of those cabins for whatever capacity % they are selling at for May.  

Some ships are currently sailing at 75% of max capacity.

On 3/7/2022 at 6:15 AM, Akkers said:

What they are not calling at all ports?

Also is WJ and other buffet stations open?

"We've sailed her many times out of Baltimore and our last was just prior to the Covid shut down in March." 

Last cruise prior to shutdown was on March 7th 2020

This was during the first week of the cruise ban when ports were afraid of Covid being brought in by the cruise ships. 

Very different now and we have been on two cruises since then with most ports open with some or no restrictions.

The Windjammer was open as usual.

Edited by boscobeans

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Max capacity is 2446 or 1992 with double occupancy.

Looks like the sailing is sold out of those cabins for whatever capacity % they are selling at for May.  

Some ships are currently sailing at 75% of max capacity.

I booked only a couple months ago and couldnt find the same cabin for all 4 legs I had posted. Manta said I was seeing all the cabins in my category. I had several posters insist I just wasnt seeing the available cabins though my ta said I was. I have the same cabin for leg 2 and 3 and leg 1 and 4 I'm close by. Just have to move a few cabins. I watched for a while to see if my cabin would open on leg 1 and 4, but quit watching lately. I think we are pretty full.

And I keep reading how grandeur doesnt even have the WJ open for dinner just Mdr. I hope they take on more crew here soon. 

2 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

The Windjammer was open as usual.

When were you on grandeur. I've read at least 4 posters recently who said WJ is not open for dinner. It's currently out of Barbados... I'm just afraid that they arent ready for a big jump in capacity oitmof texas.

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

When were you on grandeur. I've read at least 4 posters recently who said WJ is not open for dinner. It's currently out of Barbados... I'm just afraid that they arent ready for a big jump in capacity oitmof texas.

March 7th 2020.  I am pretty sure the WJ was open as usual since on that cruise there were no Covid protocols that I can remember, just ports closing down on a day by day basis. 

Edited by boscobeans

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Majority of the sailings out of Barbados have had less than 1000 passengers onboard.   They would have a Lot of wasted food if they stocked the WJ for dinner every night.

The current sailing with 1200 is the most I have heard about since Grandeur began sailing in Dec.

I suspect when Grandeur is back in the US and has more passengers it will make sense for them to open WJ for dinner.  

Maybe when it gets to final payment time some cabins may open up.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Majority of the sailings out of Barbados have had less than 1000 passengers onboard.   They would have a Lot of wasted food if they stocked the WJ for dinner every night.

The current sailing with 1200 is the most I have heard about since Grandeur began sailing in Dec.

I suspect when Grandeur is back in the US and has more passengers it will make sense for them to open WJ for dinner.  

Maybe when it gets to final payment time some cabins may open up.  

Exactly. I'm in a generic grandeur group and read the number onboard every cruise. It does a ta in april and so will get to texas very soon. April isnt that far away. I'm very very aware of what's going on now. Lol that's what worries me ..the jump in capacity will be all the sudden. I board may 4th for 4 b2bs.

That's what I'm saying. Grandeur is taking the place of adventure for a while and doesnt hold as many pax. I hope rcl is ready for texas sized capacity.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

March 7th 2020.  I am pretty sure the WJ was open as usual since on that cruise there were no Covid protocols that I can remember, just ports closing down on a day by day basis. 

I was on December 26, 2021 until 1/2/22.  The WJ was not opened up to that point from the start of sailing in Barbados.  Its completely different from 2 years ago.  And Ive been following the sailings on the Grandeur Social F B site and there still isn't WJ at night.  Plus, lunch was done at 330pm.  So if you had a busy day, and got back to the ship at 4, you had to wait to eat until 630pm.  Or stand in a line for pizza.  I only ate there for breakfast.  I lost 3 lbs in 7 days on that cruise.  Had a great time but rarely ate lunch!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I was on December 26, 2021 until 1/2/22.  The WJ was not opened up to that point from the start of sailing in Barbados.  Its completely different from 2 years ago.  And Ive been following the sailings on the Grandeur Social F B site and there still isn't WJ at night.  Plus, lunch was done at 330pm.  So if you had a busy day, and got back to the ship at 4, you had to wait to eat until 630pm.  Or stand in a line for pizza.  I only ate there for breakfast.  I lost 3 lbs in 7 days on that cruise.  Had a great time but rarely ate lunch!

That's what I'm reading too. And pizza isnt like the cafe on adventure it's a small place onboard not with fruit and other stuff you can get. Idk. Iv never been on this ship. I did majesty so long ago I forget.

Hope she is ready for a much larger crowd boarding in Galveston. Well I'm sure I'll be ok, but parents with kids are asking about food options. I needed some odd amount like 18 days since no more double pts to get to 340 for solo discount and added enough days to get there. Didnt want 3 b2bs on liberty, and these days work, so I'll bring books and enjoy the ocean and hopefully sunshine. I can stand to lose a few pounds.

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

That's what I'm reading too. And pizza isnt like the cafe on adventure it's a small place onboard not with fruit and other stuff you can get. Idk. Iv never been on this ship. I did majesty so long ago I forget.

Hope she is ready for a much larger crowd boarding in Galveston. Well I'm sure I'll be ok, but parents with kids are asking about food options. I needed some odd amount like 18 days since no more double pts to get to 340 for solo discount and added enough days to get there. Didnt want 3 b2bs on liberty, and these days work, so I'll bring books and enjoy the ocean and hopefully sunshine. I can stand to lose a few pounds.

Solarium cafe opens at 3 when the WJ shuts.  you can get pizza,  kummelwrek sandwich, ready made salads, panini, burgers, cookies and a few cakes. It’s open till 10p on current sailing. 

• Like 1

Just now, little britain said:

Solarium cafe opens at 3 when the WJ shuts.  you can get pizza,  kummelwrek sandwich, ready made salads, panini, burgers, cookies and a few cakes. It’s open till 10p on current sailing. 

Lol well it's good news they have more than pizza ...but it doesnt open until 3.. sorry omg. So late?

Still hoping wj opens for dinner. Crossing fingers. 

1 hour ago, little britain said:

when we on there in Jan we always had a late lunch there instead of going to the WJ at lunchtime. they also do salads to order if you don't wont a premade one. On a side note i had a great time and so glad we went and didn't cancel 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Lol well it's good news they have more than pizza ...but it doesnt open until 3.. sorry omg. So late?

Still hoping wj opens for dinner. Crossing fingers. 

WJ is open from 11a -3p. Then Solarium open from 3p to 10p.  You won’t starve!!! 

just checked: sorry no burgers 🍔

Edited by little britain

On 3/7/2022 at 9:43 AM, firefly333 said:

The difference in service between last week with 740 on board and this week with 1280 on board is very noticeable 😕.  We sat down to dinner at 8:15 last night and by 9 we still had not received the glasses for our wine!!!  The staff are very overworked. Apparently 4 new dining room staff are boarding today ( but have to do 3 days quarantine)…. They simply don’t have the manpower to open the WJ at night too. 

27 minutes ago, little britain said:

The difference in service between last week with 740 on board and this week with 1280 on board is very noticeable 😕.  We sat down to dinner at 8:15 last night and by 9 we still had not received the glasses for our wine!!!  The staff are very overworked. Apparently 4 new dining room staff are boarding today ( but have to do 3 days quarantine)…. They simply don’t have the manpower to open the WJ at night too. 

I'm still thinking just wait until they hit texas who posters dont seem to know the difference between adventure and grandeur. Lol. Families with kids are booking. Where is the 24 hour pizza. Doesnt open until 3 pm isnt a happy answer.

I read some guy posting about his cruise. Very long review. He said every night he is offered two vegetables cooked carrots and broccoli. He thinks the ship has supply chain issues. He claims the waiters agree with the lack of variety who serve his dinner and trying very hard. 

I wanted adventure but it disappeared from Galveston by the time I'm ready to book it in may. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'm still thinking just wait until they hit texas who posters dont seem to know the difference between adventure and grandeur. Lol. Families with kids are booking. Where is the 24 hour pizza. Doesnt open until 3 pm isnt a happy answer.

I read some guy posting about his cruise. Very long review. He said every night he is offered two vegetables cooked carrots and broccoli. He thinks the ship has supply chain issues. He claims the waiters agree with the lack of variety who serve his dinner and trying very hard. 

I wanted adventure but it disappeared from Galveston by the time I'm ready to book it in may. 

My friend asks for peas and gets those! 

• Haha 1