Navigator Questions

35 minutes ago, ScotBrit17 said:

Will be on Navigator in two weeks and have two questions.

1. What time are the main theatre shows in the evening.

2. I have MyTime Dining and am fully vaccinated, what deck will I be on in MDR.

Just got off Navigator. We went to most shows after late seating, around 9:45 and there were earlier shows. Ice show was at 4pm the day we saw it.  MTD was deck three and packed at early time. We were also fully vaxed but asked to have a deck 4 table on the balcony which was for unvaxed.  MTD at 8pm was extremely empty, also deck 3. Windjammer was open for dinner every night, all bars had live music every night. Silent Hush party and Disco in studio B most nights.  Karaoke or live music in Cosmopolitan club every night after 8pm. Our sailing had 546 passengers. DL open all day, Pinnacles only for HH, D & D+ had private party Cosmopolitan club every night . happy cruising, Navigator is clean as a whistle. 

• Thanks 1

Just off Navigator last week.

First night Headliner (comedian) 9:45pm

Second night Headliner (ventriloquist)  7:00pm & 9:15pm

Third night Headliner (vocal group) 8:00pm & 10:15pm

Fourth night iSkate 6:00pm & 8:15pm....Love & Marriage 9:30pm

Fifth night Headliner (comedy impressionist) 7:00pm & 9:15pm

Sixth night Headliner (showgirl production) 7:00pm & 9:15pm

Seventh night iSkate 6:00pm & 8:15pm.... Headliner (comedian) 9:15pm

MTD...opens 6:45pm (had reservations) deck #3...however we got there around 6:15-6:30pm on the nights we went and our table was always ready. Great table location and they gave the two of us a 4Top....same amazing wait staff each night.

WJ food and staff was great, open for breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Hope this helps.

• Like 4

On 2/1/2022 at 7:17 PM, Ashland said:

Just off Navigator last week.

First night Headliner (comedian) 9:45pm

Second night Headliner (ventriloquist)  7:00pm & 9:15pm

Third night Headliner (vocal group) 8:00pm & 10:15pm

Fourth night iSkate 6:00pm & 8:15pm....Love & Marriage 9:30pm

Fifth night Headliner (comedy impressionist) 7:00pm & 9:15pm

Sixth night Headliner (showgirl production) 7:00pm & 9:15pm

Seventh night iSkate 6:00pm & 8:15pm.... Headliner (comedian) 9:15pm

MTD...opens 6:45pm (had reservations) deck #3...however we got there around 6:15-6:30pm on the nights we went and our table was always ready. Great table location and they gave the two of us a 4Top....same amazing wait staff each night.

WJ food and staff was great, open for breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Hope this helps.

Are there no production shows on the Navigator right now?

45 minutes ago, airlinerob said:

Are there no production shows on the Navigator right now?

Look at my post above...There's a production show night 6...Showgirls Past, Present & Future

There's something every night going on. No Broadway type shows if that's what you're asking.

Their doing their best during these covid times to provide some sort of entertainment.

I just received an email from Royal canceling the shore excursion we had booked in Cabo for our March 18 cruise.  I sincerely (very, very sincerely) hope it's just a problem with the vendor and not something more ominous for the cruise😱.

Pat

2 minutes ago, vistapat said:

I just received an email from Royal canceling the shore excursion we had booked in Cabo for our March 18 cruise.  I sincerely (very, very sincerely) hope it's just a problem with the vendor and not something more ominous for the cruise😱.

Pat

Cabo is very open and safe. I have friends there now. It could be that the vendor raised prices. This happened to us on our last cruise. Royal then offered the new excursion at the higher price. 

Just now, HBCcruiser said:

Cabo is very open and safe. I have friends there now. It could be that the vendor raised prices. This happened to us on our last cruise. Royal then offered the new excursion at the higher price. 

I checked the website as soon as I received the email, and the excursion is shown as "Sold Out", which leads me to hope that there's a problem with the vendor.  My DH really wants to go on this excursion, so I'll be watching for a new offering.  Of course, we got a good price on it during a sale, and the new price is likely to be quite a bit higher, but as long as Navigator sails we can work it out.

Pat

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vistapat said:

I checked the website as soon as I received the email, and the excursion is shown as "Sold Out", which leads me to hope that there's a problem with the vendor.  My DH really wants to go on this excursion, so I'll be watching for a new offering.  Of course, we got a good price on it during a sale, and the new price is likely to be quite a bit higher, but as long as Navigator sails we can work it out.

Pat

What was the excursion? 

11 minutes ago, airlinerob said:

For someone on a 7 night Navigator out of LA, can they post the menus and which nights are formal nights?  I want to be sure NOT to book specialty restaurants those nights.

Don't have menu's but the "Dress Your Best" nights were the 2nd and 6th nights. Both sea days.  

1 hour ago, airlinerob said:

For someone on a 7 night Navigator out of LA, can they post the menus and which nights are formal nights?  I want to be sure NOT to book specialty restaurants those nights.

I was on Navigator the week of January 17th.

Monday menu:
01mon.thumb.jpg.76abcc3e09c98fc35a9107edb904743d.jpg

Tuesday menu:

02tue.thumb.jpg.e75200f0d084b4e35e5ed555ec3d42b3.jpg

Wednesday menu:

03wed.thumb.jpg.fa9f9ef8cb906654d1844f6fd2f786c4.jpg

Thursday night is the "crap" menu, so we went to Chops, but I'm thinking it was pretty similar to the menu on my other cruises (FWIW, they let me charge the Chops meal on the first night with my D+ BOGOF coupon, then use it on Thursday):
04crap.thumb.jpg.1fee118f14568797c3e009a633a1e6ed.jpg

Friday menu:
05fri.thumb.jpg.bd3c93260d920a5d030db986eeb04aee.jpg

Saturday menu:
06_sat.thumb.jpg.77d4de6e6a47abd0cbbcb37da43979a2.jpg

Sunday menu:

07sun.thumb.jpg.1cbf0fb953f27aa294ae7b9a543e9424.jpg

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gottagoacruzn said:

Do the room stewards still do towel art, still give out the cruise compass every night, an can you still go & see the shows, also the waiter's do their thing, repeater's party, sailaway party & etc? To numerous to mention?

Forgot, when you sit down for dinner, are menus still given to you? Inquiring minds would like to know.

1 hour ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Forgot, when you sit down for dinner, are menus still given to you? Inquiring minds would like to know.

If requested, a paper menu will be provided (as seen in my photos).  You can also view the menu in the app or via QR code on your personal electronic device.

1 hour ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Do the room stewards still do towel art, still give out the cruise compass every night, an can you still go & see the shows, also the waiter's do their thing, repeater's party, sailaway party & etc? To numerous to mention?

I had three different room stewards on my B3B.  I kept the towel animals on the extra bed from each one, and, as my third steward put it, I had my "own personal zoo" in my room.

Navigator is not giving out the paper cruise compass (some ships are, some are not).  I'm not sure if it can be requested (I know some ships are still giving them to suite passengers and "elderly" people even if they're not giving them out to the general population).

Plenty of shows.

Not sure what "thing" waiters do other than deliver your food.  They do NOT do the annoying singing/dancing thing while people twirl their soiled napkins in the air.  

The "repeater's party"(?) I'm assuming is what you call the Crown and Anchor party.  That's currently limited to D+ and Pinnacles only.  I never attended on Navigator because I just don't see the point.

Sailaway I think had musicians on the pool deck, but not an organized party/event/parade/whatever.

The Quest is not being held anymore due to Social Distancing.  Love and Marriage, Majority Rules, etc., is still being done, as are karaoke, trivia, name that song, etc.

It's still a cruise -- you just have to wear a mask when you're indoors.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

There’s a little party going on here…

18582BE0-D042-4D8F-85A6-10E93E62DDD0.thumb.jpeg.5159835d313f0ca814317b018cc1da6c.jpeg

Is it just me or does the whole towel animal thing seem like a waste of resources for nothing? Gotta take a lot of water (which the ships have to make), soap, employee time and more time in placing/setting. Seems strange that they are using their limited resources for this right now when the lines are bleeding out. Seems very forgivable to me, to forgo this use of resources, considering the current climate. I know folks like it and I'm no humbug but seeing so many of these just get my inner actuary a bit aggrieved..lol.  Maybe it's a sense of normalcy, that has value too IMO.  

• Like 1

Our cabin steward for our Jan 17th cruise left a paper Cruise Compass on our bed every night.

Anton...he was absolutely amazing and his attention to detail was unbelievable. He's getting ready to retire from RCI at the end of this contract which is in May. He's been obviously one of RCI's best !!!