Self Service Washers and Dryers Question

bjworm

On the Emerald for a 14 day cruise, we will certainly be using the laundry facilities at some point. Seeking information regarding the water and air temperature of the washers and dryers and if they are adjustable. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

24 minutes ago, bjworm said:

Seeking information regarding the water and air temperature of the washers and dryers and if they are adjustable

Yes, they have the basic temp controls. Maybe not as fancy as at home, but they will do the job just fine.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MaisonRose said:

Money?  Soap?

Thanks,

Susan

Basic $3 wash, $3 dry + some for soap & dryer sheets if you don't bring your own (recomended). Works with tokens which you get from a vending machine using your medallion. On some ships it has been reported that tokens are in a dish to use. No charge for irons.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have used machines on 4 different Princess ships and they average around 35 min, give or take a couple of min, for wash and the same for dry. In the approximate 30 loads of laundry done on Princess over 15 years, I have never felt the need to babysit my laundry and have never had anything taken. Of course, I am always mindful of the time and return a few min before I know the cycle will be over so that I’m not inconveniencing anyone else. I find the best time is as soon as I wake up. Will throw a load in, go shower, and am back in plenty of time. If the machines on your deck are all busy, go up or down a level.  I am careful about drying some of my items in the machines; will hang dry some items in the cabin.

Nice to hear about the free tokens, but I’m suspecting it’s a temporary gift. I take laundry pods and static sheets from home as the prices on board can add up. Will be elite after one more cruise and wish they’d allow for a choice between the dry cleaning/laundry perk or being given free tokens. So much faster just to do my own. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tutumomickey said:

Does anyone have a 'trick' for line dryimg items in the room? I find the shower line too flimsy to support even a wet swimsuit.

We have brought along clothes pins. In balcony cabins we  attach to the back the balcony chair in the sun. Once the ship sails we remove from the balcony

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tutumomickey said:

Does anyone have a 'trick' for line dryimg items in the room? I find the shower line too flimsy to support even a wet swimsuit.

https://www.amazon.com/Design-Travel-Clothes-Line-White/dp/B000N8GXSW/ref=sr_1_12?crid=280QY36RPIKR7&keywords=travel%2BLAUNDRY%2BLINE&qid=1644178092&sprefix=travel%2Blaundry%2Bline%2Caps%2C73&sr=8-12&th=1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tutumomickey said:

I use something similar to these.  They attach to the ceiling and I hang the clothes on hangers.  They come in different sizes and can hold different weights.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Strong-Neodymium-Kitchen-Workplace/dp/B077PZLX6M/ref=sr_1_3?crid=15GE4G8ZY03P3&keywords=small%2Bmagnetic%2Bhooks&qid=1644179969&sprefix=Small%2Bmagnetic%2Bhooks%2Caps%2C140&sr=8-3&th=1 

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2022 at 12:28 PM, tutumomickey said:

I have ordered magnetic hooks to put on the walls big enough to hold a hanger I just hang things around the room.

On 2/6/2022 at 2:43 PM, t&atravel said:

I use something similar to these.  They attach to the ceiling and I hang the clothes on hangers.  They come in different sizes and can hold different weights.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Strong-Neodymium-Kitchen-Workplace/dp/B077PZLX6M/ref=sr_1_3?crid=15GE4G8ZY03P3&keywords=small%2Bmagnetic%2Bhooks&qid=1644179969&sprefix=Small%2Bmagnetic%2Bhooks%2Caps%2C140&sr=8-3&th=1 

I bought an extra strength version of these for upcoming cruise (for up to 100 lbs) to hang purses, jackets & hats (& maybe laundry).  The box they came in had a label stuck on it that said "magnetic - do not ship air"   Should I be concerned about packing these for air travel?  Most airlines allows magnets (like kitchen style etc) but these are much stronger that those. I don't want any TSA hassle but I also want something that won't fall off the wall when I hang something on it.  Any experience with this?

11 minutes ago, luvseaside said:

I bought an extra strength version of these for upcoming cruise (for up to 100 lbs) to hang purses, jackets & hats (& maybe laundry).  The box they came in had a label stuck on it that said "magnetic - do not ship air"   Should I be concerned about packing these for air travel?  Most airlines allows magnets (like kitchen style etc) but these are much stronger that those. I don't want any TSA hassle but I also want something that won't fall off the wall when I hang something on it.  Any experience with this?

I just bought those last night!  I figure I can run a line across the room.  It seems the white clothes get very dingy from Princess washing them.  

18 minutes ago, luvseaside said:

I wouldn’t think so.  Mine only hold 25lbs and did not come with that disclaimer.  I didn’t think even wet clothes would need more than that, especially suspended from the ceiling (one hanger item per hook)

I do use some for hanging a purse or a hat on the wall but I don’t over load it.  If it starts to slide down the wall it’s too heavy.  😂