Two Wrong Letters on FCC From NCL in One Day

itsnotjustme

In January of 2022, I cancelled under POM and received FCCs.  They showed as valid through 31 Dec 22.

Today I receive a first e-mail "congratulating me" that they extended my FCC dates.

image.png.14ab0a73777c0f769e3504598f3bde9d.png

Error #1:  The letter claims my FCC was to expire four weeks before it was even issued!

Error #2:  The extension date of 31 Jan 2022 was two days ago - not very useful.

Error #3:  The valid through date visible in my account has been and remains 31 Dec 22, not 31 Jan 22.

Tonight, 14 hours later they send an UPDATE stating:

image.png.636bef06a1e129512563c7fc0436e5b4.png

Error #4:  My original expiration date was never 31 Jan 22.  Again, the FCC was only issued about 27 Jan 22.

Error #5:  I did not receive any extension as from the day issued my expiration date was 31 Dec 22.  That is ZERO extra months, not 11.

I have been a fan of NCL, cruising with them 6 times total, 4 of those in the 2018 - 2019 range, but this incompetence is wearing on me.

I got a letter this evening; identical to your second one.  What makes no sense is that I did not or do not have any FCC. I haven’t cruised since December 2018 and had no reservations to cancel.

(I do have CruiseNext certificates expiring in mid-December 2022.)

I just checked my account and they now show my CruiseNext certificates as valid through December 31, which is about a two week extension. Better than nothing I suppose, but the letter still was inaccurate.

Edited by sailandcruise

2 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

In January of 2022, I cancelled under POM and received FCCs.  They showed as valid through 31 Dec 22.

Today I receive a first e-mail "congratulating me" that they extended my FCC dates.

image.png.14ab0a73777c0f769e3504598f3bde9d.png

Error #1:  The letter claims my FCC was to expire four weeks before it was even issued!

Error #2:  The extension date of 31 Jan 2022 was two days ago - not very useful.

Error #3:  The valid through date visible in my account has been and remains 31 Dec 22, not 31 Jan 22.

Tonight, 14 hours later they send an UPDATE stating:

image.png.636bef06a1e129512563c7fc0436e5b4.png

Error #4:  My original expiration date was never 31 Jan 22.  Again, the FCC was only issued about 27 Jan 22.

Error #5:  I did not receive any extension as from the day issued my expiration date was 31 Dec 22.  That is ZERO extra months, not 11.

I have been a fan of NCL, cruising with them 6 times total, 4 of those in the 2018 - 2019 range, but this incompetence is wearing on me.

Someone is just looking for a reason to complain!

• Like 2

While the emails can be annoying (maybe even insulting), believe it or not, they are mostly just marketing tools, sent-out in mass!  We don't have any FCC pending, yet receive those emails.

We laughed and deleted the emails, just like we glance at their snail-mail brochures and then toss them in recycle.  Previous "loyalty" might actually be one reason they send more!

Looks like these emails were mass-produced and sent, although annoying. They didn’t bother to create an algorithm to check accounts with unapplied expired FCCs and FCDs. 

We did have FCCs and FCDs expiring on 31 Jan 2022 but had all applied already. 

@itsnotjustme funny that your handle name is true in this thread, and FYI, most cruises that were Covid-cancelled in 2020 and 2021 yielded FCCs and FCDs with expiration date of 31 Dec 2021 … this was later extended to 31 Jan 2022. 

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

I am not looking for a reason to complain.  I wish I didn't have a reason to complain.  Unfortunately, NCL is giving me reason to be dissatisfied and complain.

I had to waste my time trying to figure out what was happening with my multiple thousand dollars NCL is hanging onto.  Not once, but twice.  I also contacted my TA and wasted her time too.

Edited by itsnotjustme
Add additional fact.
  • Like 4

Unfortunately, the NCL shoreside operation often isn’t very good.

I have had quite a few issues over the years, including one which very nearly made us give up on the line. We stick with them because the product they offer onboard meets our needs very well. If we were basing it on the pre cruise service then we would have moved on quite a while ago.

Things like this email just get filed in the “stuff that happens with NCL” drawer.

That is becoming fairly standard with larger companies these days. At least with NCL it is still possible to speak to someone (however I knowledgable they are), which is more than can be said for many companies.

We got the same letter ~ we had FCC due to expire Jan. 31, 2022 and it was extended to Dec. 31, 2022.  HOWEVER, still waiting on other credits for a recently canceled cruise to appear.  We were told 2 weeks; it's been over 5 weeks and calls to NCL don't do any good.  They are very flippant in their answers.  I mailed letters out today to the CEO and the VP of Guest Services because I am so disgusted with how things are going especially reading on these boards that others are getting their credits in 2 weeks or less.  It's a case of major incompetence and it may just put us off NCL for good!!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

I just received the email as well.  I don't appreciate it.  We are booked on POA April 23, 2022 and it gave me the feeling that they are pushing their start date back again.  Not a good feeling if you have gone through 3 prior cancellations (the last of which I found out about on Cruise Critic before NCL notified us).  Air on Hawaiian Air can become an issue for us if the cruise ends up cancelled.    I think your comment is unkind.

"Someone is just looking for a reason to complain!"

Edited by 4 cruisers
punctuation

2 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

We got the same letter ~ we had FCC due to expire Jan. 31, 2022 and it was extended to Dec. 31, 2022.  HOWEVER, still waiting on other credits for a recently canceled cruise to appear.  We were told 2 weeks; it's been over 5 weeks and calls to NCL don't do any good.  They are very flippant in their answers.  I mailed letters out today to the CEO and the VP of Guest Services because I am so disgusted with how things are going especially reading on these boards that others are getting their credits in 2 weeks or less.  It's a case of major incompetence and it may just put us off NCL for good!!!

Same. NCL is the king of miscommunication. Still waiting on my 25% refund from November for an extremely modified itinerary. Since bought in the haven that’s over $2000 that NCL has yet to refund. Emailed the CEO and guest services as well but no luck. You?

marketing emails today should be easy. There’s no excuse for so many snafus 

5 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

I am not looking for a reason to complain.  I wish I didn't have a reason to complain.  Unfortunately, NCL is giving me reason to be dissatisfied and complain.

I had to waste my time trying to figure out what was happening with my multiple thousand dollars NCL is hanging onto.  Not once, but twice.  I also contacted my TA and wasted her time too.

Thanks for making my point for me.  Go smoke another doobie and calm down.

1 hour ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Thanks for making my point for me.  Go smoke another doobie and calm down.

You may be used to these glitches that occur often when dealing with NCL, but the OP may not be. I can see why they would have been concerned when they read the first email they received today. I think they had reason to be concerned.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

You may be used to these glitches that occur often when dealing with NCL, but the OP may not be. I can see why they would have been concerned when they read the first email they received today. I think they had reason to be concerned.

The email made no mention of cruises being cancelled or postponed and there is nothing in there that even slightly hints that this may happen.  OMG, the sky is falling!

BTW the complaint is not they were concerned, it was that they received TWO emails that perhaps did not apply to them.  There is this cool feature in most email called "delete".  Perhaps the OP can learn to use it...

1 hour ago, MoCruiseFan said:

The email made no mention of cruises being cancelled or postponed and there is nothing in there that even slightly hints that this may happen.  OMG, the sky is falling!

BTW the complaint is not they were concerned, it was that they received TWO emails that perhaps did not apply to them.  There is this cool feature in most email called "delete".  Perhaps the OP can learn to use it...

I think the real issue here is beyond the poor communication NCL adopts. It's that they are creating confusion.

Perhaps the email made someone believe he/she had FCC on the table and then he/she spends valuable time contacting NCL and queuing on the line to find out only that it was a mistake. Proper waste of time. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 2:26 AM, MoCruiseFan said:

Totally agree. The world has not come to an end because someone got a mass email. The sky isn’t falling. No need to nit pick the mass email. Just delete it. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

On 2/3/2022 at 2:21 PM, kirsten1526 said:

Same. NCL is the king of miscommunication. Still waiting on my 25% refund from November for an extremely modified itinerary. Since bought in the haven that’s over $2000 that NCL has yet to refund. Emailed the CEO and guest services as well but no luck. You?

marketing emails today should be easy. There’s no excuse for so many snafus 

Kirsten 1526 ~ I actually mailed letters.  I did get a phone call last night from one of the NCL vacation planners who had called me a few weeks ago about rescheduling.  It was nice that she followed up and I told her that there was still no activity in our accounts.  She is trying to help too.

• Thanks 1