EZair...strange message.

suzyed

I have been checking on my existing EZ air reservations from Copenhagen and I keep getting this message the last few days. Anyone else see this?

ERROR

• The flight itinerary you are trying to retrieve is not available because of a schedule change. Your flights will be updated shortly or you may search for new flights.

The last time I got that message Delta had changed my flights. They had switched me to a second flight that left well before the first flight arrived. They had moved me from a trip from Sacramento to Seattle to Vancouver and instead given me a flight from Sacramento to Minneapolis/St Paul to Vancouver. It was many hours longer.

I discovered that the ONLY thing that didn't work with my original booking was that the initial flight left 10 minutes earlier. TEN freaking minutes earlier!  I had a hassle on the phone but finally got the original flights back. I had no issue leaving 10 minutes earlier...

Airlines are definitely not "customer service oriented" businesses.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

3k flights were cancelled today alone. This seems like it is becoming more common ( https://flightaware.com/live/cancelled/plus2days ) so it behooves all of us to monitor changes on the airline website. If I had done so I would have been less surprised in December and would have switched to a FLL -> SFO NS instead of the MIA -> SFO NS. But EZAIR  & my (now retired) PVP fixed it

I received the message for our flight from LHR to PHX to SAN on British Airways.  The flight was leaving 35 minutes later and too tight for connection at PHX.  EZ air wanted us to book LHR to DFW to SAN leaving around 6 pm.  Our original flight was leaving at 2:30 pm.  We do not want to spend an extra 3.5 hrs at LHR airport, even with business class lounge available to us.  At first EZ air stated that is the only flight available.  I asked her to check American Airlines since they are co-share with BA.  She came back with a flight leaving at 2:15 pm, LHR to SEA to SAN.  We will arrive 1,5 hour later than the original schedule. 

In my experience, as soon as you get air reservations, check them every few days--go to each airline's web site using each airline's 6-digit record locater to go into the reservation for that airline.  That way, you see early, early what changes have occurred--and watch those seat assignments closely as well; airlines love changing seats on you and you don't realize it.  Also, if they change flight numbers, that usually means a change in aircraft, time, which in turn means they have randomly assigned you seats on the new aircraft.  Anyway, you get the idea.

• Like 1

When having to modify anything related to EZaire I always do my research first and tell them exactly what flights - airline, flight number etc. I want. Make it easy for them; to get what you want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

To be clear, do you do that thru Princess or the airline?  

Also, doesn't Princess have a policy that they will do their best to get you to the next port if things go wrong?

I usually do in the Princess EZaire site, but will also use the airline site if I don't see something I want and then see if I can fi d it on EZaire. Yes Princess will get you to the next part. But you may want to have some control over what they book or you could end up with long layovers, red-eye flight, multiple flights when it's not necessary, etc.

20 hours ago, suzyed said:

I have been checking on my existing EZ air reservations from Copenhagen and I keep getting this message the last few days. Anyone else see this?

ERROR

• The flight itinerary you are trying to retrieve is not available because of a schedule change. Your flights will be updated shortly or you may search for new flights.

Yesterday morning when I checked my EZ air reservations, I saw that message.  My flight is at the end of March from L.A. to Barcelona on Delta Airlines.  Just for curiosity, I clicked on "search for new flights".  Then I saw the flight I booked is still available for booking, and the part that bothers me is, our two booked seats are now showing available for new bookings.  So I went to Delta's website and entered my confirmation number.  I got an error message saying my booking was not found.  

So I called Princess and chose the option for EZ air.  After I described the problem, the Princess agent told me she can only do air booking and changes, and for problems, she needs to call another department, so she placed me on hold.  About every 10 minutes she came back on the phone and apologized that she is still on hold for the other dept.  After 70 minutes of waiting time, she finally got through that department.  She said she was told there is a glitch in the EZ Air system, and some of the flights were canceled by mistake.  She said that department just rebooked my flights, and everything is back to the way it was before the problem.  I told her I am so glad I check my flights on a daily basis and noticed the problem.  I am also glad the 2-person row seats that I originally booked were not taken by a new booking.  There was only one available row of the 2-person row left.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mikel1733 said:

If you book EZair I don't see where you have an option to book Business or First Class?

There is a drop down box on the same page where you put airports, day of arrival or departure and times.  It defaults to economy so click there and the other classes appear.