Kids on enchantment of the seas

Chshoney

Please help! If anyone has recently sailed on enchantment of the seas with children please let me know how it was? I've been seeing things about not being able to take the kids to the kids club, and having to sign up for time blocks, if they're even available. I also saw someone say that there was a maximum occupancy in the pool of about nine people. So if the pool was full you could not go swimming. Family time dining is not being offered as well. With the combination of things that I'm hearing I'm leaning toward canceling the cruise and planning something different for our family vacation. Any insight you could give me about sailing with children I would greatly appreciate! I will tell you that my daughter is 5 and she will be fully vaccinated for our sailing. I don't know if that will make any difference but again any help I very much appreciate.

5 hours ago, Chshoney said:

. I also saw someone say that there was a maximum occupancy in the pool of about nine people.

The sign by the pool says 10 but not sure how well it is enforced- usually you need to wait till someone leaves, but the weather and crowds have limited the numbers naturally. 

It's April 14th. The latest protocols they put out go up to April 14th ironically! So who knows if things will literally change day of sailing. I am tempted to just reschedule for next year and plan something different that we have less unknowns. 

We were on the Jan 20 to 28 sailing.  VERY few children were on it.  They were closely monitoring the pool capacity for sure.  We actually did see some children in the solarium despite it being adult only.  I think due to the weather they were being a little lax.  With that said April is such a long way off in terms of how things are progressing it is hard to predict.  Despite it being our first ever cruise I can say that Enchantment definitely isn't the most kid friendly ship.  What I mean is there were few activities geared towards children.  Then again every child is different.

• Like 2

I was on the Enchantment for two weeks at the beginning of January, and I'm currently on the Odyssey for a week as we speak.

After seeing both ships, I have NO earthly idea why anybody would book a cruise with kids on the Enchantment, especially during Covid times.

We absolutely loved our 2 weeks on the Enchantment, but we are a middle-aged couple with no kids.There is absolutely nothing to do for kids on Enchantment at the best of times, let alone with potentially reduced hours at Adventure Ocean. 

Odyssey, on the other hand, is a total kiddie wonderland, and if they are bored anytime during the cruise, there is something radically wrong. It is an entirely different world. Cancel Enchantment and do something different with your vacation, or book a newer and more family-oriented ship. You will not be sorry.

We have done enchantment with our daughter previously. With adventure ocean open and family time dining (obviously pre-covid), and it was a good fit for us. However if adventure ocean will. It be available, and pools possibly not available, or at capacity, that will very much limit us. 

On 2/6/2022 at 2:21 PM, Chshoney said:

It's April 14th. The latest protocols they put out go up to April 14th ironically! So who knows if things will literally change day of sailing. I am tempted to just reschedule for next year and plan something different that we have less unknowns. 

sounds like you need to re-schedule with something fits your current comfort level, stressing about a vacation, nope.

• 2 weeks later...

We are also on the April 14th Cruise, I have a 14 yo and (2) 10 yo's. I plan on checking with Adventure Ocean and the teen area once we board the ship. plus they can swim and be on the pool deck. we will make it fun for them.   See you There 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 10:41 PM, DevonfromAcme said:

I was on the Enchantment for two weeks at the beginning of January, and I'm currently on the Odyssey for a week as we speak.

After seeing both ships, I have NO earthly idea why anybody would book a cruise with kids on the Enchantment, especially during Covid times.

We absolutely loved our 2 weeks on the Enchantment, but we are a middle-aged couple with no kids.There is absolutely nothing to do for kids on Enchantment at the best of times, let alone with potentially reduced hours at Adventure Ocean. 

Odyssey, on the other hand, is a total kiddie wonderland, and if they are bored anytime during the cruise, there is something radically wrong. It is an entirely different world. Cancel Enchantment and do something different with your vacation, or book a newer and more family-oriented ship. You will not be sorry.

Totally agree with you Enchantment is definitely not for kids. They will be bored.