San Juan -- are ships able to stop enroute?

Maraprince

22 hours ago, mondello said:

I thought ships were choosing not to visit because of the more stringent Covid testing requirements imposed by Puerto Rico.

Didn't they relax those last week? We'll be sailing out of San Juan March 20th.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have an update as to ships starting to stop again?  I'm sailing on Celebrity in a few weeks and I'm finding conflicting info on different websites listing the port schedule.  Some show almost nothing scheduled (maybe 10 ships for an entire week) others show multiple ships docking almost daily.

Trying to schedule a private excursion so any insight is appreciated

On 2/17/2022 at 4:59 PM, garyl62 said:

Anyone have an update as to ships starting to stop again?  I'm sailing on Celebrity in a few weeks and I'm finding conflicting info on different websites listing the port schedule.  Some show almost nothing scheduled (maybe 10 ships for an entire week) others show multiple ships docking almost daily.

While the restrictions are expected to be lifted soon, they have not as yet set a date for that.  So, as far as I can determine from a Google search, it's still a few weeks away. Very confusing because my itinerary says San Juan, but my reservation says Bahamas.

On 2/17/2022 at 4:59 PM, garyl62 said:

3 hours ago, Calico Jack Sparrow said:

While the restrictions are expected to be lifted soon, they have not as yet set a date for that.  So, as far as I can determine from a Google search, it's still a few weeks away. Very confusing because my itinerary says San Juan, but my reservation says Bahamas.

Ships are already calling on San Juan. The Norwegian Gem made a port call there last week. Perhaps other ships have also resumed port calls.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the Constellation in San Juan on March 21.   Only problem is ship docked at 3:00 and all historical attractions close by 4:30.  Fortunately, have been there several times before as could only walk to the castle and visit that in such a brief time span.  Tried to find somewhere for dinner....all restaurants in the Olde Town were packed with lines to get in.  Gave up and went back to the ship where we grabbed some food from the cafe onboard and found a nice spot on deck to enjoy the sunset.

On 3/22/2022 at 5:18 PM, GonzoWCS said:

How did things go?

Cheers

It was OK...some complaints about Explorer but most of the ports were fine with a few exceptions. Flying in/out of SJU was no problem. Just got home last night from our B2B..March 20th & March 27th.