Live Value Cruising Review of Oasis of the Sea 2/6/22 - 2/13/22 Plenty of Pictures!

BennyBrun

Thanks for all the great photos.........Just wanted to comment on Cat's, the first time I saw the show very few passenger can back after the intermission.  The 2nd time I saw the show it was great, most everyone came back after the intermission and the cast got a standing ovation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

I have enjoyed sailing with you these 2 weeks and I feel I know this ship better now.

I hope you have a great trip on the new largest ship owned by RCI

That is great!  You will enjoy the Oasis of the Sea!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JamesEM said:

Thanks for all the great photos.........Just wanted to comment on Cat's, the first time I saw the show very few passenger can back after the intermission.  The 2nd time I saw the show it was great, most everyone came back after the intermission and the cast got a standing ovation.

I think they got smart.  No more intermission.  Straight through 90 minutes.

7 hours ago, SG65CB said:

I think the most obvious place to find Waldo would be the Windjammer. People don't take tons of photos there, so you'd stand out. I would need to get my whole crew involved to stake out both sides of the place, I guess we missed our opportunity. Maybe you'll be outed on the Wonder of the Seas. Cheers!

Hahahahah…  I think on the Wonder the first sailing will be the hardest to spot Waldo.  I think every blogger / podcaster / YouTuber who can get on will be on the ship snapping away.  Cheers!

• Like 1

Day 8

If you are a solo traveler or two people and have a lot of luggage, I highly recommend the airport shuttle offered by Royal.  $16.00 PP.  if you are solo it is cheaper than Uber and you don’t have to worry about surge pricing.

30 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 8

The current Uber pricing…I got off the ship by 7:30AM easy walk off with my own luggage.  I started at 7:20AM and made it outside customs by 7:30AM.

D9D39131-650A-465E-B916-9835107381F8.jpeg

What time is your flight?, looks like you might be home before the Super Bowl starts.

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 8

If you are a solo traveler or two people and have a lot of luggage, I highly recommend the airport shuttle offered by Royal.  $16.00 PP.  if you are solo it is cheaper than Uber and you don’t have to worry about surge pricing.

Do they offer a shuttle to FLL ? 

16 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

So have to ask. 

Which sailing did you prefer, standard or the vaule cruise?

Dont include the destinations, just the time on board?

Also thanks so much for this. We dont cruise from miami till feb 2023 but gives us a few pointers.

If it is my first time on Royal Caribbean Oasis Class ships I would do the 3 night dining package and try Wonderland (not available on Oasis), 150 Park and Hooked.  I would not do the Unlimited plan, and would eat at MDR/Windjammer.  If you have been there and done that Royal type of cruiser, stick with complimentary options unless you really want to eat at a nice venue for atmosphere or for special occasion.  I preferred the complimentary option week because I had a lot of flexibility and the food was amazing and service was amazing.  However keep in mind the ship was about 40% full so expect MDR to be busier when it gets fuller.  Windjammer was operating on one side only so if they open both sides it should still be the same.  Some entrées I preferred the way they served in MDR.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, oldmom said:

Yes- please- I would like to know also. Which food plan did you prefer?

I liked complimentary dinning because I have done the UDP so many times now and have tried all the restaurants I don’t feel the need to do it again.  Plus I liked the complimentary options as I am not very fussed about menu.  If I don’t like it, I order something else.  Even if the buffet had nothing I like I won’t dwell on it, I just go to another venue.  There are so many good options I am always fascinated by cruisers that say they can’t find anything to eat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Before they had the UDP, you had to pay for each Speciality Dining Restaurants separately which was fine since the price was a lot less then it is now.

Since they raised the prices of the packages, 3, 4 and 5 night and then started the UDP, makes it not so great.

The food quality  doesn't suffice the extra cost.

MDR and Windjammer are much more attractive now IMO.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Before they had the UDP, you had to pay for each Speciality Dining Restaurants separately which was fine since the price was a lot less then it is now.

Since they raised the prices of the packages, 3, 4 and 5 night and then started the UDP, makes it not so great.

The food quality  doesn't suffice the extra cost.

MDR and Windjammer are much more attractive now IMO.

I agree.  However if you really want to try it, the 3 night package is a good value at $89.00 or less range.

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

If it is my first time on Royal Caribbean Oasis Class ships I would do the 3 night dining package and try Wonderland (not available on Oasis), 150 Park and Hooked.  I would not do the Unlimited plan, and would eat at MDR/Windjammer.  If you have been there and done that Royal type of cruiser, stick with complimentary options unless you really want to eat at a nice venue for atmosphere or for special occasion.  I preferred the complimentary option week because I had a lot of flexibility and the food was amazing and service was amazing.  However keep in mind the ship was about 40% full so expect MDR to be busier when it gets fuller.  Windjammer was operating on one side only so if they open both sides it should still be the same.  Some entrées I preferred the way they served in MDR.

Thanks for the info. We always go for windjammers, due to choice of food, atmosphere and can go when we want. Have always found the food fantastic and never struggled in finding some food to eat or a table. 

We had to use rhe MDR in aug on anthem due to windjammer closed in evenings. Again the service was amazing, but food average. Esp the choice for children.

Over all even if i was happy with the extra costs id still go to windjammer personally.

But again great review of the cruise

• Like 1