Diamond Plus BOGO + 3 Night Specialty Dining Package?

cello56

DH and I always use our Diamond Plus specialty dining bogo offer on the first two nights of our cruise. I see that they also offer a 3 night specialty dining package that is reasonably priced and just about the number of nights we are looking for on an eight night cruise. Is there a way to do both of these? Once on board can we ask that the first of the three nights package start on day three or four AFTER we have used our BOGO? 

Typically you would need to start the 3-day package by night two, with a pre-reserved time on your planner with the purchase of the dining package.  This would then allow you to use the D+ BOGO on night one, and then again on a subsequent night.  In your case, that would likely be night 3.  The remaining two days of the dining package could then commence on day 4.

If that is not to your preference, I would suggest talking with one of the specialty restaurant maitre d's as soon as you board to see if they can arrange it to your preference.  They are used to dealing with individual dining requests and will always try to help.

That would be my usual advice anyway, as often the planner reservations available with the dining package purchase are not to our preference and act more as a placeholder. Through the maitre d' we then make the appropriate changes on board day one as indicated.  As mentioned, they always have been very willing to try to arrange to our preference and we usually end up with the dates and times we prefer.

What you are asking is a little unusual as you are trying to push the day 1 or 2 dining package commencement requirement to day 3, but they may be able to accommodate you on board.  As indicated, IMO that usually best accomplished face to face as I don't think this is something dining services will be able to do in advance.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

On 2/7/2022 at 6:23 AM, cello56 said:

DH and I always use our Diamond Plus specialty dining bogo offer on the first two nights of our cruise. I see that they also offer a 3 night specialty dining package that is reasonably priced and just about the number of nights we are looking for on an eight night cruise. Is there a way to do both of these? Once on board can we ask that the first of the three nights package start on day three or four AFTER we have used our BOGO? 

If you are booking the 3 night precruise on the app you have to pick a time for night one to pay. Others here have assured me that its a fake booking and can all be resolved to keep the BOGO once onboard. 

• Like 1

When we have booked the dining package in advance, they have never even had a record of our pre-booked reservation. After boarding, simply go to any restaurant and make your dining reservations. They are very flexible and accommodating.