Vaccine card - digital or paper?

HippoSail

I apologize if this has been covered, but I was unable to find anything in my search. We are cruising on the Encore the beginning of March and have the NYC app for our vaccination status. We have been able to use this a lot domestically for those places that require proof. Would this be sufficient or should we carry the paper with our passport as a backup? Do any ports require you to show it? 

53 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Don't they require the CDC issued vaccination card?

nope … a photo on your phone is fine. 

from ncl safe travel…

What documents will be required to show proof of vaccination and when do I provide them?

Guest must acknowledge vaccination status prior to their sailing and bring proof of vaccination to the terminal for their cruise. Preferred proof form is the original vaccination record document issued by either the country's health authority that administered the vaccination or the guest's medical provider that completed the vaccine administration, however, photo of vaccination record document will also be accepted. Electronic vaccination records will be accepted for residents of countries where electronic documentation is the standard issued form. Confirmation email of vaccination appointment will not be accepted.

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

OP is referring to the NYS Excelsior Pass.  It's an app on our phones....shows everything , including test results.  It's good for everything here... But not for cruise check-in.  

You need the card...or a photo of the card on your phone.

thank you

I don’t understand this policy because I have heard of blank cdc cards being sold illegally and anyone with a ball point pen can fill it out. I think they accept laminated cards that are even harder to see if they have been altered. And photos of the card are even more ridiculous.  I think the electronic records are a lot harder to falsify.

This is the only thing I'm nervous about at this point. My physical card is handwritten for my first two shots and is somewhat illegible in spots. My third shot was noted by a sticker placed on my card with the version, the lot #, and the expiration date (not the date administered). I can download/print my vaccination record from my healthcare provider, but it's not the official vaccination card, so I hope that NCL will take that.