Guarantee Cabin

aksharp1

FWIW, the bar code "trick" did work for our guaranty cabin assignment for our 10/15/23 sailing. I scanned the bar code after I checked in on 8/31 and behind the dash were 4 digits. On 9/15, I got an email and the cabin assignment is those same 4 digits. Now just waiting to see if our Royal Up bid is accepted! 

• 2 weeks later...

A big thanks to everyone who shared information and their experiences with the scanning of the barcode. 

I checked in last night at midnight for my November Anthem cruise, scanned the barcode with an app that I downloaded onto my phone, and saw my cabin number. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lloyd555 said:

A big thanks to everyone who shared information and their experiences with the scanning of the barcode. 

I checked in last night at midnight for my November Anthem cruise, scanned the barcode with an app that I downloaded onto my phone, and saw my cabin number. 

Do you like your cabin?

I just used the barcode trick, too.  We are sailing on Mariner tomorrow; that gty cabin was assigned weeks ago.  We just made another Mariner gty booking 4 weeks later.  When I did the barcode trick, I thought I might be looking at the set sail pass for the first cruise, but, no, the barcode indicates they will assign us the exact same, perfectly nice balcony cabin again.  

Edited by Starry Eyes

56 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Do you like your cabin?

I just used the barcode trick, too.  We are sailing on Mariner tomorrow; that gty cabin was assigned weeks ago.  We just made another Mariner gty booking 4 weeks later.  When I did the barcode trick, I thought I might be looking at the set sail pass for the first cruise, but, no, the barcode indicates they will assign us the exact same, perfectly nice balcony cabin again.  

I do. It's a large interior with a couch.
My first interior cabin with a couch. I've upgraded from a chair! 😁
It's a connecting room. I hope that the neighbours are quiet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

My first interior cabin with a couch. I've upgraded from a chair!

As someone who has stayed in many interiors, I've never had the dreaded "chair", lol. I do my best to avoid them. I like my little couch.

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

the barcode indicates they will assign us the exact same, perfectly nice balcony cabin again

Wow, what are the odds of that? That's cool. You could have the same stateroom attendant both cruises (although I know they do move around from time to time based on previous conversations).

I had cabins 4-6 doors apart on Indy last year from two different GTY's but that was only because I moved the 2nd one since we liked the location the 1st time. Our cabin attendant from cruise #1 was very nice and we chatted quite a bit. I didn't know my 2nd cabin at the time but he happened to mention he was requesting to move down the hall to be closer to the room with all the towels, sheets, etc. We didn't have him on cruise #2 but another attendant recognized us and said "Ryan is just down the hall" so we found him to say hi.

I'm sure it's common for those who cruise a lot more than we do but it was nice to go back on the same ship and be recognized by some crew members. TBH, I think they remember my wife, not me. She's far more outgoing & friendly than I am (not that I'm mean, lol, just more reserved).

Edited by OCSC Mike

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Wow, what are the odds of that? That's cool. You could have the same stateroom attendant both cruises (although I know they do move around from time to time based on previous conversations).

I had cabins 4-6 doors apart on Indy last year from two different GTY's but that was only because I moved the 2nd one since we liked the location the 1st time. Our cabin attendant from cruise #1 was very nice and we chatted quite a bit. I didn't know my 2nd cabin at the time but he happened to mention he was requesting to move down the hall to be closer to the room with all the towels, sheets, etc. We didn't have him on cruise #2 but another attendant recognized us and said "Ryan is just down the hall" so we found him to say hi.

I'm sure it's common for those who cruise a lot more than we do but it was nice to go back on the same ship and be recognized by some crew members. TBH, I think they remember my wife, not me. She's far more outgoing friendly than I am (not that I'm mean, lol, just more reserved).

Odds seem pretty long, especially as we are a party of two and the cabin can accommodate 3+.  We did think about the possibility of having the same steward again; that would be cool.

• Like 1