Guarantee Cabin

aksharp1

Hi,

I usually pick my cabin but this time we got a great rate for a suite category guarantee. Our cruise is in June. When do I find out what suite/cabin we are getting? Is it when I do check-in, which is in April? Some one told me its when I make my final payment. Is that true? This is a first so not sure how it all works. Thank you!

Royal Caribbean can assign the cabin anytime they wish.  It could happen very soon (uncommon), a few weeks before sailing (pretty common) or the week of sailing.  They could even make you wait until you get to port to check in, though that is uncommon.   The gty assignment for our sailing this month came at about 4 weeks out.  

(Do you use apple products.  If so there is a trick using apple wallet and set sail pass.)

I was giving my cabin assignment 6 days before our trip and on the 5 day I won my upgrade.   So my thinking is they assigned my room to see what was left available.   Then got my upgrade literally hours later.   

Our cruise on the Navigator is on April 11th.  We have an inside guarantee and it was assigned last week.  So shocked to see it assigned early as my prior cruise (last year) was assigned 3 days before sailing --- go figure.

13 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

Do tell…

You can scan the barcode. you can see your assigned room number if it has been assigned "secretly" (ie not notifying you of the cabin number yet) I knew my cabin number weeks before they sent me it.

I booked a GTY Balcony, and we were told our cabin number 4 weeks before the cruise. We were able to check in 45 days before the cruise like normal online like everyone else. (even without a cabin assignment) This was before the final payment date, which was 30 days out.

I have also recently booked a GTY Deluxe Stateroom (Suite) for our Navigator OTS cruise in April. My guess is we will be placed in a junior suite, but for just 317.50 per person, for 4 nights I could not pass that up. Right now junior suites are going for twice that much on that cruise. (Spring break week)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aksharp1 said:

Hi,

I usually pick my cabin but this time we got a great rate for a suite category guarantee. Our cruise is in June. When do I find out what suite/cabin we are getting? Is it when I do check-in, which is in April? Some one told me its when I make my final payment. Is that true? This is a first so not sure how it all works. Thank you!

Which ship?

46 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

Do tell…

Once you have a set sail pass, put it in your apple wallet.  Even with a guarantee, below the barcode there may be a number after the hyphen…if so, that is apt to become your assigned cabin.  It is a place to look for a possible early clue. Of course, sometimes it is just not there.  Mine was there before it was officially assigned; the number was correct.

Some people without apple wallet have reported finding similar using a barcode reader app, but I have no experience with those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aksharp1 said:

It's for Navigator out of L.A. Thank you for your replies. It helps a lot!

We sailed the Navigator in January.  We had done a gty for a Jr Suite.  We rarely do that but the cost made us take a chance.  We were given stateroom 1290 on Deck 10.  It was wonderful.  Lovely room, big balcony, mid ship, great staff.  We had booked a 7 night and a 4 night.  We were suppose to move to a balcony for the 4 night but was able to call Royal and stay in 1290.  Of course we had to pay for that but we were happy.  While on board booked a B3B3B in May for same ship but the sister cabin on the port side. Came home and booked a 5 night in April but all but one Jr Suite was already gone and it had an obstructed view so took a "spacious balcony".  We was a great ship with wonderful crew.  Truly hope you have a good time. 

18 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

For those that have selected the Guarantee  cabin, what has your experience been.  Due to the price difference it would be a great deal, but am a little concerned.  

I personally don't care where my cabin is, so even a few $ savings (and possible better cabin) is worth it to me.  I've booked many guarantees and never regretted the choice.  YMMV.

10/01 Nordic Empress - OV guar = assigned same OV category.

10/02 Celebrity Horizon - IS guar = assigned OV.

10/03 Norwegian Crown - IS guar = assigned higher IS category.

09/04 Celebrity Galaxy - IS guar = assigned highest IS category.

05/05 Star Princess - Obstructed OV guar = assigned non-obstructed Balcony.

11/07 Celebrity Infinity - Concierge Class guar = assigned CC category.

09/09 Norwegian Majesty - OV guar = assigned higher OV category.

11/14 Quantum of the Seas - IS guar = assigned non-obstructed Balcony.

10/15 Anthem of the Seas - Balcony guar = assigned non-obstructed Balcony.

09/18 Anthem of the Seas - Balcony guar = assigned non-obstructed Balcony.

10/18 Anthem of the Seas - IS guar = assigned OV.

09/19 Adventure of the Seas - IS guar = assigned higher IS category.

11/19 Grandeur of the Seas - OV guar = assigned OV.

02/20 Grandeur of the Seas - OV guar = assigned OV.

(cancelled) 05/20 Adventure of the Seas - Balcony guar = assigned Spacious Balcony.

(cancelled) 11/20 Allure of the Seas - Balcony guar = assigned higher Balcony category.

12/21 Anthem of the Seas - Balcony guar = assigned non-obstructed Balcony.

05/22 Anthem of the Seas - IS guar = assignment TBD.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vegas7df said:

For those that have selected the Guarantee  cabin, what has your experience been.  Due to the price difference it would be a great deal, but am a little concerned.  

Thanks 

My husband and I are flexible and have booked quite a few gty cabins.  Typically we book gty when there is significant cost savings vs the lowest cost for picking our own cabin in that meta-category.  Once I’ll roll the dice with a gty booking without a big cost savings if none the specific cabins available to pick in lower cost categories, while not really bothersome to us, are also not especially appealing.

We can book gty because we are not particularly noise sensitive, we do not tend to get sea sick, we do not mind if we are forward or mid or aft, we do not mind a long stroll to cabin, and we also do not mind being close to elevators.  When I get a gty assignment from Royal Caribbean, I do check to see if there is an available cabin I like better in the same category; I appreciate that they allow me to swap if so.  I do not book gty if there are cabins in my selected category (or any technically higher category) that we could not accept.  For example, if on a given ship/itinerary, I could not live with an obstructed balcony, I would not book a balcony gty if that ship has any obstructed balconies.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vegas7df said:

Thanks 

Feb 27th 2022: Allure OTS GTY Oceanview Balcony booked. Assigned cabin 12566 (Cat 2D) unobstructed balcony, near the elevators, with cabins above, below and to the sides of me. I would say I got a great assignment.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, binro01 said:

Feb 27th 2022: Allure OTS GTY Oceanview Balcony booked. Assigned cabin 12566 (Cat 2D) unobstructed balcony, near the elevators, with cabins above, below and to the sides of me. I would say I got a great assignment.

Nice.  I do not believe there are any obstructed oceanview balconies on Oasis class ships, so you took no risk on that particular point.  Your risk was whether you liked the location (noisy, inconvenient for you, concern about ship motion); people who can shrug off such such concerns might be good candidates for gty bookings, while those who cannot might not be good candidates for gty bookings.

22 hours ago, monorail81 said:

Do tell…

Go to the app, add your doc to Apple Wallet - the number listed after the - is likely your room number.  Was true in our case twice.  You can always remove the checkin doc from your wallet.

22 hours ago, binro01 said:

You can scan the barcode. you can see your assigned room number if it has been assigned "secretly" (ie not notifying you of the cabin number yet) I knew my cabin number weeks before they sent me it.

but you have to wait obviously until check in, correct?  We have a guarantee balcony on an Alaskan cruise in May.  Would like to try this system.  Only for Apple products?

21 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Some people without apple wallet have reported finding similar using a barcode reader app, but I have no experience with those.

Certainly used to work, however, haven’t used it for some time.

• Like 1

We had a guaranteed balcony right before covid and got a oceanview with large balcony on 11 deck of symphony.  I would do it again if it was just myself and husband but we most often cruise with other couples and like having rooms next to each other so we can have them open the balconies to each other.

Last cruise in December on Serenade 4 nighter booked balcony guarantee. Cabin # was confirmed 7 days prior to sailing. Got upgraded to a superior balcony mid-ship. Very pleased. Best price per day for a balcony I can recall getting. $173 pp with the drink package being $40 pp.