Guarantee Cabin

aksharp1

8 hours ago, vegas7df said:

For those that have selected the Guarantee  cabin, what has your experience been.  Due to the price difference it would be a great deal, but am a little concerned.  

Thanks 

I've had a few with no problems. Next Sept we have a 12 night on Anthem and our guarantee balcony has already been confirmed for deck 10.  I'm pleased they didn't give us an obstructed balcony. Only problem is it is right at the bow of the ship and I'm a little worried about sea sickness going through the Bay of Biscay at night. It can be very rough 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I've had a few with no problems. Next Sept we have a 12 night on Anthem and our guarantee balcony has already been confirmed for deck 10.  I'm pleased they didn't give us an obstructed balcony. Only problem is it is right at the bow of the ship and I'm a little worried about sea sickness going through the Bay of Biscay at night. It can be very rough 

I had 10122 last month (Cape Liberty, NJ to St. Maarten and Antigua) but the seas were mostly calm.

• Thanks 1

just a heads up to Android users.  If you download or have the QR/Barcode app on your phone, pull up your setsail pass on your tablet, laptop, or computer.  Point the QR window on the barcode.  Last 4 #s is your room assignment.  Thx to those who got me started!

this is obviously for those who have guaranteed cabins who have checked in.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/9/2022 at 5:33 PM, binro01 said:

You can scan the barcode. you can see your assigned room number if it has been assigned "secretly" (ie not notifying you of the cabin number yet) I knew my cabin number weeks before they sent me it.

On 2/10/2022 at 3:29 PM, sandc4e said:

Go to the app, add your doc to Apple Wallet - the number listed after the - is likely your room number.  Was true in our case twice.  You can always remove the checkin doc from your wallet.

New to GTY booking.

I am seeing comments about being able to find out the cabin # from the barcode on the SetSail pass. So if that is the cabin that has been assigned by Royal, why doesn't Royal make it official, and show  that actual cabin number on the SetSail pass under 'Stateroom' rather than leave it blank?
Is it not yet 100% certain that they will give the guest that cabin?

EDIT: Might as well also ask out of curiosity why some people have a SetSail pass with the deck number & muster station, but no cabin number yet (still says GTY) on the SetSail pass? 

2 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

New to GTY booking.

I am seeing comments about being able to find out the cabin # from the barcode on the SetSail pass. So if that is the cabin that has been assigned by Royal, why doesn't Royal make it official, and show  that actual cabin number on the SetSail pass under 'Stateroom' rather than leave it blank?

EDIT: Might as well also ask out of curiosity why some people have a SetSail pass with the deck number & muster station, but no cabin number yet (still says GTY) on the SetSail pass? 

It is a mystery.  

5 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

New to GTY booking.

As you probably know, the cruiselines do not have to tell gty bookings their cabin assignment until boarding day.  If they wish to keep the flexibility, the cruiseline is allowed to quietly make (and re-make, if necessary) their plans for the gty booking assignments in their company computer without telling the passenger until boarding.  Of course, we often do know our assignments sooner.

When the muster station and deck are on the set sail pass, you should expect to find an unofficial cabin assignment hidden in the set sail barcode if you use the “bar code trick.”  At this stage, the system seems to have pre-selected and held a cabin for that gty booking, though the company has not yet made the assignment official.  People routinely report eventually being assigned those cabins; I have been.  Why is the company waiting?  I would guess perhaps they are retaining some flexibility in case a very unusual situation arises and some guests just have to be re-arranged, but that’s just my guess.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

New to GTY booking.

If they tell you very much ahead and people dont like the assignments, they can more easily get someone to change their cabin if there are other unbooked cabins in the same category? Saves them this bother.  

• Like 1

Those of you who got really great room assignments - were you cruising on less crowded ships? (i.e. older ships, off times) I'm wondering what GTY rooms might look like for our cruise as my parents have chosen this option for our Spring Break cruise on Symphony. I imagine that our cruise may be pretty full!

2 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Those of you who got really great room assignments - were you cruising on less crowded ships? (i.e. older ships, off times) I'm wondering what GTY rooms might look like for our cruise as my parents have chosen this option for our Spring Break cruise on Symphony. I imagine that our cruise may be pretty full!

A really great assignment is in the eyes of the beholder.  For example, on a recent thread a poster specifically did not want a cabin on deck 6 Oasis class (too low in his opinion); deck 6 is my favorite deck on Oasis class😀.  Given the same cabin assignment, I’d have said I got a great assignment and he’d have said he got a bad assignment.   That said, I always expect the worst (for me) cabin in that class; I consider anything better than that worst cabin a free bonus.   That way I sail happy.  There is no point looking at the very best cabins; those are not likely to be available at this point (new ship, old ship, off peak or not…ships are sailing full)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

A really great assignment is in the eyes of the beholder.  For example, on a recent thread a poster specifically did not want a cabin on deck 6 Oasis class (too low in his opinion); deck 6 is my favorite deck on Oasis class😀.  Given the same cabin assignment, I’d have said I got a great assignment and he’d have said he got a bad assignment.

Exactly this.

• Like 1

We booked a guarantee for our upcoming cruise.  I've been checking on available rooms in our category since we made the arrangements about 3 months ago.  Every week, there's about 6 rooms available -- the number has sometimes dropped as the promotion clock ends, but it has went back to the same six room assignments.  This was true when I checked on Sunday. 

We became eligible to check-in on Monday.  At that time, the category we booked began showing as sold out.  It still shows as sold out.  While possible, it's unlikely RCL sold all six remaining rooms in a day.  I suspect that this is when the system assigned the remaining rooms to those who booked guarantees, although our room assignment hasn't displayed as of yet.

5 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

As you probably know, the cruiselines do not have to tell gty bookings their cabin assignment until boarding day.  If they wish to keep the flexibility, the cruiseline is allowed to quietly make (and re-make, if necessary) their plans for the gty booking assignments in their company computer without telling the passenger until boarding.  Of course, we often do know our assignments sooner.

When the muster station and deck are on the set sail pass, you should expect to find an unofficial cabin assignment hidden in the set sail barcode if you use the “bar code trick.”  At this stage, the system seems to have pre-selected and held a cabin for that gty booking, though the company has not yet made the assignment official.  People routinely report eventually being assigned those cabins; I have been.  Why is the company waiting?  I would guess perhaps they are retaining some flexibility in case a very unusual situation arises and some guests just have to be re-arranged, but that’s just my guess.  

Thank you for this reply. Much appreciated. 

4 hours ago, Itried4498 said:

We booked a guarantee for our upcoming cruise.  I've been checking on available rooms in our category since we made the arrangements about 3 months ago.  Every week, there's about 6 rooms available -- the number has sometimes dropped as the promotion clock ends, but it has went back to the same six room assignments.  This was true when I checked on Sunday. 

We became eligible to check-in on Monday.  At that time, the category we booked began showing as sold out.  It still shows as sold out.  While possible, it's unlikely RCL sold all six remaining rooms in a day.  I suspect that this is when the system assigned the remaining rooms to those who booked guarantees, although our room assignment hasn't displayed as of yet.

Have you tried the bar code trick on your set sail pass?  Is one of those six cabin number hidden in the barcode?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Have you tried the bar code trick on your set sail pass?  Is one of those six cabin number hidden in the barcode?

I wish I could check-in right now, but this cruise requires a passport and we're still awaiting two to arrive (it's been over three months, so hopefully we'll get them any day).  I will update this thread when we do!

I did notice that the number of rooms dropped significantly in each category, so I'm pretty comfortable with the thought that the system "assigned" these rooms at the 45-day mark.

27 minutes ago, Itried4498 said:

I wish I could check-in right now, but this cruise requires a passport and we're still awaiting two to arrive

You should be able to manually enter some dummy passport info (which you can update later) to complete check in and get the Setsail pass.

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You should be able to manually enter some dummy passport info (which you can update later) to complete check in and get the Setsail pass.

Thank you.  I did such and the four digits after the hyphen on the SetSail Pass do indeed match one of the six rooms that showed available for the past few months.  So, my hunch appears to be correct - RCL assigned the Guarantees at the 45-day mark.

1 hour ago, Itried4498 said:

So, my hunch appears to be correct - RCL assigned the Guarantees at the 45-day mark.

Nothing more than co-incidence for your sailing.  Every sailing is different based on how may guarantees they have vs cabins available.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 11:15 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Correct. It doesn't happen often but they can change your cabin before it is officially assigned.

So printing luggage tags etc. are delayed. How can you put your cabin number on the tag when you don’t have one? We did the barcode trick and know our room. Would our luggage tags be available and actually where are they?

20 minutes ago, pthjudy said:

So printing luggage tags etc. are delayed. How can you put your cabin number on the tag when you don’t have one? We did the barcode trick and know our room. Would our luggage tags be available and actually where are they?

Your luggage tags will be available some time shortly after you get your official cabin assignment.

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nothing more than co-incidence for your sailing.  Every sailing is different based on how may guarantees they have vs cabins available.

I doubt it’s a coincidence.  Assigning the rooms at the check-in window (even if the room assignment isn’t visible) makes a lot of sense — few cruises are sold within the last few weeks before sailing.

FWIW, last year we booked a Guarantee less than two weeks before the sailing (weekend sailing on the Navigator).  We checked in immediately and while I didn’t about about the “trick,” the SetSail pass had the correct deck number and muster station.  The Guarantee eventually displayed the room number a few days before the sailing.  So, the room was immediately assigned.  Also worth nothing that we purchased an Interior Guarantee, and for that sailing all interior rooms showed as sold out.  The assigned room was an ocean view.  Maybe if somebody upgraded from an interior to an ocean we would’ve been downgraded?

2 minutes ago, Itried4498 said:

I doubt it’s a coincidence.  Assigning the rooms at the check-in window (even if the room assignment isn’t visible) makes a lot of sense — few cruises are sold within the last few weeks before sailing.

FWIW, last year we booked a Guarantee less than two weeks before the sailing (weekend sailing on the Navigator).  We checked in immediately and while I didn’t about about the “trick,” the SetSail pass had the correct deck number and muster station.  The Guarantee eventually displayed the room number a few days before the sailing.  So, the room was immediately assigned.  Also worth nothing that we purchased an Interior Guarantee, and for that sailing all interior rooms showed as sold out.  The assigned room was an ocean view.  Maybe if somebody upgraded from an interior to an ocean we would’ve been downgraded?

That does not explain the hundreds of varying answers from moments after booking until 2 days before sailing and everything on between.   

Edited by Ourusualbeach

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That does not explain the hundreds of varying answers from moments after booking until 2 days before sailing and everything on between.   

I didn’t assert it was the only time rooms were assigned, I asserted that by the check-in window, a room was likely assigned (even if not visible).

20 minutes ago, Itried4498 said:

I didn’t assert it was the only time rooms were assigned, I asserted that by the check-in window, a room was likely assigned (even if not visible).

From the many reports on this board, a significant number of gty assignments are coded in the barcode or officially assigned when check in opens.  There are also a considerable number reports of gty bookings that do not have an assignment coded in the barcode by then.  I personally have experienced both since the restart.  I have waited for an assignment, even in the barcode, until shortly before the cruise.  It varies.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1