SEMI LIVE REVIEW- Millenium 21st Feb

anniedave

7 hours ago, miched said:

For a great place to have good food fairly reasonable for Vegas go to The Yard House.  It is in the court yard near the Big Wheel.  They have a happy hour with 1/2  off the appetizers that are very good and good enough to be the dinner.   They have a large selections of drafts and will give you a few samples to try before ordering. I like the Poke Nachos, and Lettuce wraps. If you look on the regular menu there is a description of what the appetizers are.  You can also see their beer menu 

Their regular menu prices aren’t bad either for Vegas.  

They have locations all around the USA 

https://www.yardhouse.com/happy-hour

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks for the recommendation , I've just added to the 'try in Vegas ' list so hopefully we will get to try it 😀 

1 hour ago, HazeyT said:

@anniedaveI've enjoyed reading your plans, particularly as, all things being well, I should be on board Millenium with you next week. John and I are also from the UK (Manchester area but now in Hertfordshire) and will be celebrating John's birthday. Like you, we've booked a few excursions through celebrity but, unlike you, not started packing yet - although will probably start this weekend. The cruise is getting tantalizingly close! 😁

Great.....hopefully will meet you on board....so close to the dreamed of holiday ....now at the stage of saying 'this time next week we will be' .....hopefully this time next week drink in hand finding out the economy plus seats are comfy !! 🤞

Paperwork

Anyone else feel like they should still take a printed copy of all the confirmations despite having it all electronically ? Feel like I have killed a rainforest....and it will count as half my hand luggage 🤣. My holiday  planning task for today is to see if any back pages can be discarded...sort it into some sort of logical order and find a spare plastic wallet to put it in !!! 

20220212_110027.jpg

Edited by anniedave
  • Like 4

Hi anniedave,

Im like you, do the planning, print out everything and hubby just follows along, often carrying the bag of paperwork!

We love Millenium and aft cabins are the best! We don’t cruise till June and I am finding your tips about testing really useful. 
Thanks for posting and have a great trip

Libby

• Like 1

5 hours ago, anniedave said:

Paperwork

Anyone else feel like they should still take a printed copy of all the confirmations despite having it all electronically ? Feel like I have killed a rainforest....and it will count as half my hand luggage 🤣. My holiday  planning task for today is to see if any back pages can be discarded...sort it into some sort of logical order and find a spare plastic wallet to put it in !!! 

I also print out.   With 15 cruises booked it helps keep track for easy reference.  I also sort in organizer folders by year and most of the confirmations. 

I also log all of them in an excel file with price and price breakdown for easy price checks. 

91A151A7-ADD5-4209-AF8F-51028CABB9DC.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I also print out.   With 15 cruises booked it helps keep track for easy reference.  I also sort in organizer folders by year and most of the confirmations. 

I also log all of them in an excel file with price and price breakdown for easy price checks. 

91A151A7-ADD5-4209-AF8F-51028CABB9DC.jpeg

Wow!!!! ....and I am struggling to keep track of one cruise 🤣 must be a full time job 🙂

8 hours ago, anniedave said:

Wow!!!! ....and I am struggling to keep track of one cruise 🤣 must be a full time job 🙂

Not full time but most are at lest B2B and B3B and lots of little things to  arrange.   I usually start out with the flights about 11 months out as soon as they open for booking.   Good time to pick up some Award flights. 

My method for checking prices is pretty easy.   I create a Short Cut for the screen where you select Cabin Type and rename each for the Name of the Cruise.  No repeated searches (we all love Celebrity's Search Function).

e.g. https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=SI13T106&sDT=2022-04-08&sCD=SI&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not full time but most are at lest B2B and B3B and lots of little things to  arrange.   I usually start out with the flights about 11 months out as soon as they open for booking.   Good time to pick up some Award flights. 

My method for checking prices is pretty easy.   I create a Short Cut for the screen where you select Cabin Type and rename each for the Name of the Cruise.  No repeated searches (we all love Celebrity's Search Function).

e.g. https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=SI13T106&sDT=2022-04-08&sCD=SI&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1 

What a brilliant idea. Thank you. I'm off to add the links to my spreadsheet, not that I've got many cruises booked at the moment! I am hoping for some suites to open up on a couple of itineraries so this will be useful.

Enjoy your cruises.

I will enjoy following along with you. I am going to be on Silhouette on Feb 25 then moving over to Millennium on March 7. Please leave it in good shape 🙂

I have looked at the Deck 11 AQ cabins and think those are really special, so I am sure you will have a great time. I am in a deck 7 aft for the Millennium and really looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Redking said:

What a brilliant idea. Thank you. I'm off to add the links to my spreadsheet, not that I've got many cruises booked at the moment! I am hoping for some suites to open up on a couple of itineraries so this will be useful.

Enjoy your cruises.

What I capture is the cruise and date -  the price per person (some I booked have a 50% off second passenger fare), Tax and both Celebrity OBC and Agent's OBC. Also cost of Refundable if selected   The per person room rate is helpful to quickly compare to the first search screen as the quote the lowest (NR) without Tax and Port. 

I also record the existing prices for each room type above my booking for comparison when doing a Move-Up bid. 

It's a little work but only done once when booked and sometimes used 2 years into the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, capsplace said:

Have you checked out the Roll Call for this cruise?

If you are referring to the TA and the next 2 cruises on Silhouette  -  Yes.   I always sign up for the roll calls.   Always amazing people and great sharing of ideas.

15 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

I will enjoy following along with you. I am going to be on Silhouette on Feb 25 then moving over to Millennium on March 7. Please leave it in good shape 🙂

I have looked at the Deck 11 AQ cabins and think those are really special, so I am sure you will have a great time. I am in a deck 7 aft for the Millennium and really looking forward to it. 

I need to get some Rubber Ducks to hid around the ship.

• Like 2

Hi

we should have sailed with you but decided to cancel due to all the Covid testing and timescales. One thing I noticed is that you booked through a TA.

If you decide to book another cruise look at doing it on board while you 

are cruising. They usually have extra perks such as low deposit additional OBC

and you can transfer it to you TA. Have a great trip 

h

• Like 1

We are on this cruise too. We have been to these islands hundreds of times, and still love going to them. We have friends in almost every Caribbean island. I don;t know if you are aware yet, but the excursion restrictions in Antigua  are no longer applicable. You can do independent tours there now. I recommend going to Beach Limerz. It is a ten minute taxi ride, and the beach is lovely with not much of a drop off upon entering the water.  Beach Limerz is our favorite beach bar in the whole Caribbean. The food is great, the staff are amazing, and the ambience is old school Caribbean. If you would like to go there, I would recommend emailing Gail, the owner, at info@beachlimerz.com. She can arrange transportation from and back to the cruise port. Tell her Jim and Toni recommended  Beach Limerz. It will make her smile.

Here is our youtube video from our last time there in 2019:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, swigso said:

Hi

we should have sailed with you but decided to cancel due to all the Covid testing and timescales. One thing I noticed is that you booked through a TA.

If you decide to book another cruise look at doing it on board while you 

are cruising. They usually have extra perks such as low deposit additional OBC

and you can transfer it to you TA. Have a great trip 

h

Hi, yes we queued up whilst onboard last time to try and get a good deal on another cruise but unfortunately found the deals they were offering didn't apply if you were from the UK and the deal they offered us wasn't much of a deal so we got a better one one we returned home!!  Sorry you won't be on-board but hopefully you will be able to sail again soon.  🙂

Hi

that has never happened to us but hey ho lots of times it depends

on who you speak to. We have booked another cruise almost 

every time we have sailed and then transferred it to our UK

travel agent.

For example on our last cruise we booked for £59 deposit pp and received 

$250 OBC we then got additional credit from our TA.

WE are off to Cancun at the end of Feb, no testing no masks as long as you are

double jabbed. 👍👍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SonuvaBeach said:

We are on this cruise too. We have been to these islands hundreds of times, and still love going to them. We have friends in almost every Caribbean island. I don;t know if you are aware yet, but the excursion restrictions in Antigua  are no longer applicable. You can do independent tours there now. I recommend going to Beach Limerz. It is a ten minute taxi ride, and the beach is lovely with not much of a drop off upon entering the water.  Beach Limerz is our favorite beach bar in the whole Caribbean. The food is great, the staff are amazing, and the ambience is old school Caribbean. If you would like to go there, I would recommend emailing Gail, the owner, at info@beachlimerz.com. She can arrange transportation from and back to the cruise port. Tell her Jim and Toni recommended  Beach Limerz. It will make her smile.

Here is our youtube video from our last time there in 2019:

Hi looks lovely , thanks for  the recommendation - unfortunately Dave is  allergic to all seafood,  even the smell of it makes him very ill - so sadly we tend to avoid restaurants near the beach that serve lots of fish .First time to all the islands so we are looking forward to the adventure 😀 

10 minutes ago, swigso said:

Hi

that has never happened to us but hey ho lots of times it depends

on who you speak to. We have booked another cruise almost 

every time we have sailed and then transferred it to our UK

travel agent.

For example on our last cruise we booked for £59 deposit pp and received 

$250 OBC we then got additional credit from our TA.

WE are off to Cancun at the end of Feb, no testing no masks as long as you are

double jabbed. 👍👍

We are hoping to book another cruise for our 25th anniversary in 2024 so will def be looking out for offers onboard. We went to Mexico( Playa del Carmen )  for a week at the end of our last cruise. Hope you have a great time 

16 minutes ago, anniedave said:

Hi looks lovely , thanks for  the recommendation - unfortunately Dave is  allergic to all seafood,  even the smell of it makes him very ill - so sadly we tend to avoid restaurants near the beach that serve lots of fish .First time to all the islands so we are looking forward to the adventure 😀 

I have recommendations for all the islands if you are interested!

Last day off work before the cruise today so trying to get the final bits done. 

Finished packing with a glass of prosecco 🥂

Added Celeb app to Daves phone, added passport info to our flights , found the instructions for the underwater camera . Packed most of  my hand luggage bag and an overnight bag for hotel - preflight dinner at hotel & travel clothes -  Re- weighed cases 22kg each so a little to spare. 

My daughter gets anxious when we are away so likes our itinerary with phone numbers of the places we are staying, flight times etc- plus I have to remind her of the time difference!! So I put that together for her this afternoon too. She is moving out just after we return from holiday so with our holiday packing and her starting to sort out her belongings our house is getting a little chaotic !!! 

Plan for the week 

So  with travelling time I have a 12 hr day at work tomorrow  - Dave is tasked with picking up the travel money. 

Then I am away for work Tues morning until Thursday eve. When I get home Thursday I have a  cut & colour apt booked at the  hairdressers 

Fri morning-  little bit of quality time With my daughter whilst Dave is sleeping off his night shift. We are getting our nails done, then I'm  taking her food shopping,  then out for lunch. Then once I get home early fri afternoon Dave & I will head off to the hotel .🙂

5 more sleeps 😁

20220213_134947.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you are referring to the TA and the next 2 cruises on Silhouette  -  Yes.   I always sign up for the roll calls.   Always amazing people and great sharing of ideas.

Lol…Sorry for any confusion. I intended my question for the original poster….but now that you mention it, are you on the reflection 4/18/2022 cruise?

13 hours ago, capsplace said:

Lol…Sorry for any confusion. I intended my question for the original poster….but now that you mention it, are you on the reflection 4/18/2022 cruise?

Unfortunately  we are on Silhouette April 21 so you will be on your way by the time we get to Florida.